Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Don't remember the same sort of reaction to Thiago Silva signing for Chelsea... only a year younger.

The disrespect Ivanovic is receiving online is incredible! One of the best players in Premier League history! He'll be good to have around regardless of how much he plays. 

Probably because Thiago Silva is a fresh off a great performance in the champions league final whereas Ivanvoic has been playing in shithole russia for about 4 years

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Probably because Thiago Silva is a fresh off a great performance in the champions league final whereas Ivanvoic has been playing in shithole russia for about 4 years

Of course, and Thiago Silva is probably the best centre back in recent history.

Doesn’t take away from the fact Ivanovic has 9 years experience in THIS league... along with 3 premier league titles and a champions league title....

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Doesn’t take away from the fact Ivanovic has 9 years experience in THIS league... along with 3 premier league titles and a champions league title....

Bold statement that 

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Bold statement that 

I’ve missed “one” off... personally prefer Godin 😂 . I’ve had a wine to be fair. 

If you look at the last 20 years though he has to be up there no? 

Edited by AjcW

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Alli may be a proper twat, but if you can screw his head on, he's a bloody good player. 

Part of being a 'bloody good player' is the attitude. They're not mutually exclusive. Even at the best of times he's not brilliant and he has a piss poor attitude. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

So what? Hes 36 and has been out the league for at least 3 years, hes finished at top level

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I’ve missed “one” off... personally prefer Godin 😂 . I’ve had a wine to be fair. 

If you look at the last 20 years though he has to be up there no? 

Of course, if we’re talking twenty years I would include terry, Chielini, pique, Ramos, Ferdinand and of course silva. Would have to think a lot to pick one but would probably pick Ramos if I was pushed. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Of course, if we’re talking twenty years I would include terry, Chielini, pique, Ramos, Ferdinand and of course silva. Would have to think a lot to pick one but would probably pick Ramos if I was pushed. 

Maybe Fabio Cannavaro

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

Ivanovic was a great player in his day but that day ended 6 years ago. He went from one of the top defenders in the league to an absolute donkey in the space of one summer. I remember being genuinely shocked at how bad he became. I doubt there have been many more rapid and compete declines in football let alone pl history. I dont see this working out at all for west brom

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s a shit clause though. 

“Yeah you can have this player, but you have to pay us a fee along with his wages, whilst developing him but if he improves really well then we’ll buy him back for a fee that we have already agreed.”

If he's actually good enough for Real Madrid to re-sign him, Spurs are essentially getting paid £10 million to play one of the best left backs in the league in their team for 2 years.

18 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If he's actually good enough for Real Madrid to re-sign him, Spurs are essentially getting paid £10 million to play one of the best left backs in the league in their team for 2 years.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it ....... my principles in this regard are v weak ......

38 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh that makes it alright then 

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If Spurs re-sign Bale, the Big 6 all look pretty damn competitive again. We'll struggle to match them sadly.

I don’t think Spurs, Man Utd or Arsenal are anywhere near the other three.

Bale hasn’t played for a long time and is now 31, a good player, but not any like the player who left Spurs - outside of Bale the have Kane who will score goals, the rest of their squad is no better than what we have.

Arsenal are the most overrated team, they will struggle to make top 5 this year.

Man United have definitely improved, but they are an injury to Bruno away from being the same team they were at the start of last season.

Right now in terms of best starting XI with no injuries I would have us 5th. 
Squad depth so where we will struggle to keep up with the top 5, but Spurs depth is similar to ours imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If Spurs re-sign Bale, the Big 6 all look pretty damn competitive again. We'll struggle to match them sadly.

Yeah, on paper it looks a very strong league again if it all happens. Everton much stronger and Wolves will be there or thereabouts, now that we appear to be strengthening then this could be an unbelievable battle for the top 7.

58 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not a chance in hell. 

I'm probably one of the biggest Bale fans on the forum, for obvious reasons, but he's such a long way from his best right now it could take all year to get him back up to speed. At his age, with his injury record, with Mourinho as a manager, with the general cloud over Tottenham? Can't see it. 

He'll be extremely underwhelming and they'll be mid table fodder again. As much as I hate Dele Alli, he's not crap and when he and Kane play well, Tottenham are at their best. If they're sacking him off to fund Bale it's a really odd move. 

At his best Bale's been the best out and out winger in the world of the last decade. Enormously under appreciated at Real, he's a force of nature. I watched him play twice recently and he looked like a cut rate Robson Kanu, it was sad to see. 

He needs a lot of time to catch up. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AjcW said:

12 hours ago, peach0000 said:

12 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Maybe Fabio Cannavaro

"Maybe" Cannavaro!? Definitely! If I was going for two centre backs in my dream team it'd be Cannavaro and Nesta, without a doubt.

• Like 2