Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Tottenham signing Bas Dost lol Mourinho turning them into Newcastle with these signings. An almost impressive level of mediocrity being achieved.

Also saw they were linked with that Sorloth guy that played for Palace. No goals in 12 appearances for them lol

6 hours ago, KingsX said:

Good scouts use Opta or Statsbomb … lazy ones just get on FIFA or FM …

But only the Special One does his scouting on World of Warcraft.

BasD.JPG.911ca886147ed1cc147f9eea0563f98a.JPG

point has to be made, they have spent a fortune on a new stadium are not in the champions league so finances will be tight, have a owner in joe lewis who it seems wont pump money in now. So they are obviously working on a lower degree of signings.

Spurs have same problem we have when it comes to signing a striker, whilst they have Kane they are going to struggle to sign a top striker. Which is why they are linked to Dost and Sorloth (Had a great time in Turkey btw despite being unbelievably shit for Palace). 

I think there will be a market for average to decent strikers signing for "big clubs" as back up over next couple of summers. Barca do quite a bit, and it makes sense to have someone who could do a job for 10 minutes here and there and maybe play cup games. Someone like Troy Deeney could  end up somewhere before the end of the window. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I'd imagine home advantage won't be as strong either, just 2 home wins out of 8 in the Prem, more away wins than home wins in the championship too.

Most results weren't surprising really, I'd expect us, Arsenal, Chelsea and Wolves to have won our games. Only surprise was probably Everton, West Ham v Newcastle was a much of a muchness match

Whilst it doesn’t mean a lot, it is worth mentioning that Sky and BT are now four days late in announcing televised fixtures. 

Understandably they may be awaiting to see if the games are behind closed doors but it’s baffling that they continually argue through this process. Personally it’s handy for me to know regardless because of work etc 

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Vanessa Feltz :claude:

I had no idea Zoe Ball was so popular with her show.

:nigel:Feltz is absolutely stealing a living 400k  a year for what exactly?She is utterly dreadful.

At least Lineker has skill in his field.

I thought Zoe Ball had lost viewers since taking over from Evan's.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

We got a 34-year old Cambiasso when we came up. Genius signing. That reasoning isn't nonsense. You have to get the right player, though.

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

WBA sign 36 year old Ivanovic lol

We did exactly the same in 2003 when we signed 35 year old Luzhny from Arsenal. The exact same "experienced, knows the league" nonsense reasoning. He was shite and we still went down. 

There is such a variant in those types of signings isnt there though?

The Rio Ferdinand to QPR was a disaster but I cant remember why.

20 minutes ago, The Bear said:

WBA sign 36 year old Ivanovic lol

We did exactly the same in 2003 when we signed 35 year old Luzhny from Arsenal. The exact same "experienced, knows the league" nonsense reasoning. He was shite and we still went down. 

Loved him at Chelsea, genuinely superb right back. But yeah it's a strange signing at that age

Just now, Nalis said:

There is such a variant in those types of signings isnt there though?

The Rio Ferdinand to QPR was a disaster but I cant remember why.

I think with defenders their deterioration as a player is easily exposed at that age. Cambiasso wasn't the most mobile with us but he could still influence games with his immense technical ability