Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Most results weren't surprising really, I'd expect us, Arsenal, Chelsea and Wolves to have won our games. Only surprise was probably Everton, West Ham v Newcastle was a much of a muchness match

I'm aware of that but i'd imagine having no home fans must help the away teams, guess we'll see.

Lots of chat on Twitter about an XI of English right-backs, which is a valid question in itself. But on a slightly more important note, I was wondering how many RBs England could genuinely field in an international match whilst remaining competitive against the likes of Iceland, Wales, Kosovo, etc.

I’d go for:

Pope

Trippier

Walker

Wan-Bissaka

Justin

Reece James 

TAA

Foden

Lamptey

Rashford

Sterling

There’s a potential case to be made that Maitland-Niles could cut it at LW, or should be ahead of Lamptey wide right at the very least, but I think that team could be competitive. I’m just not sure that KWP or Max Aarons are quite ready yet. Thoughts? 

4 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Lots of chat on Twitter about an XI of English right-backs, which is a valid question in itself. But on a slightly more important note, I was wondering how many RBs England could genuinely field in an international match whilst remaining competitive against the likes of Iceland, Wales, Kosovo, etc.

I’d go for:

Pope

Trippier

Walker

Wan-Bissaka

Justin

Reece James 

TAA

Foden

Lamptey

Rashford

Sterling

There’s a potential case to be made that Maitland-Niles could cut it at LW, or should be ahead of Lamptey wide right at the very least, but I think that team could be competitive. I’m just not sure that KWP or Max Aarons are quite ready yet. Thoughts? 

It's not a Team of RBs if you include players in there that never play there :dunno:

Walker can go in goal.

Maitland-Niles can go in.

I don't get how Foden/Rashford/Sterling can go in lol 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It's not a Team of RBs if you include players in there that never play there :dunno:

Walker can go in goal.

Maitland-Niles can go in.

I don't get how Foden/Rashford/Sterling can go in lol 

No no I’m not going for a team of RBs, I’m trying to imagine how many RBs could fit into a genuine England XI without taking the piss. Hence Pope and Rashford are musts, none of the cohort would be any good in goal or up top I think. I also think CAM is beyond them - none of them are too well suited to receiving the ball on the half turn and playing cute passes, but I’m happy to be outvoted on that one.

• Like 1

Not sure if i've missed a rule change or something but Steve Bruce was quoted in an interview the other day saying "I can only register 22, so some will move on" or something along those lines.

Is that personal preference or has it been brought down from 25 this season?

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not sure if i've missed a rule change or something but Steve Bruce was quoted in an interview the other day saying "I can only register 22, so some will move on" or something along those lines.

Still 25. I'm guessing he practically can't register more than 22 due to age or nationality of some players?

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Could he be talking about outfield players, maybe?

14 hours ago, The Bear said:

WBA sign 36 year old Ivanovic lol

We did exactly the same in 2003 when we signed 35 year old Luzhny from Arsenal. The exact same "experienced, knows the league" nonsense reasoning. He was shite and we still went down. 

Slight difference in that Ivanovic was class in the Prem and Luzhny was shvte :D.

As pointed out, we did it perfectly with Cambiasso but then dreadfully with Matt Upson.

• Like 1

Don't remember the same sort of reaction to Thiago Silva signing for Chelsea... only a year younger.

The disrespect Ivanovic is receiving online is incredible! One of the best players in Premier League history! He'll be good to have around regardless of how much he plays. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

WBA sign 36 year old Ivanovic lol

We did exactly the same in 2003 when we signed 35 year old Luzhny from Arsenal. The exact same "experienced, knows the league" nonsense reasoning. He was shite and we still went down. 

Didn’t you sign a 32 going onto 33 year old Joao Moutinho? Who still remains first choice  now at 34?

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Moutinho is still an incredible player. 

Ivanovic was looking past it 5 years ago for Chelsea. 

Not good enough for Chelsea at RB is different to being good enough for WBA at CB

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

with a buy back clause ….. i guess man u are just too big to  accept one of those!!

It’s a shit clause though. 

“Yeah you can have this player, but you have to pay us a fee along with his wages, whilst developing him but if he improves really well then we’ll buy him back for a fee that we have already agreed.”

2 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s a shit clause though. 

“Yeah you can have this player, but you have to pay us a fee along with his wages, whilst developing him but if he improves really well then we’ll buy him back for a fee that we have already agreed.”

Not only that, but there's a clause that Madrid are given the option to match any bid for him.

5 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I don't think I've seen a sky sports news 'breaking news' bar sum up modern day  football more. 

First one says Macclesfield Town have been wound up in the high court because they owe £500,000 and the second one is about Spurs being linked with re signing Bale who is reported to be earning that amount in 7 days.

Something has to change. 

I see Sky have gotten over their moral dilemma. Around the time of the Arsenal redundancies, the presenters were musing about how they could discuss transfer deals worth hundreds of millions of pounds whilst redundancies were occurring. It probably lasted an hour before the next bit of transfer bullshit hit their desk and business as usual.

A club being wound up won't affect them in the slightest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Alli may be a proper twat, but if you can screw his head on, he's a bloody good player. 

He is just another Paul Pogba type. Every year ‘if he does this and that he would be a good player’.

He like Pogba will be 35 and at the start of the season ‘If he want it he could be the best in the world’.

Some players for some reason(Instagram likes, popularity) are seen as superstar players, when

really there Superstar social butterfly’s an average-above average at best footballing ability. Ali is another one of these. A hype job and that’s all.