Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I’ve been wondering why no one in the press tries to sell Wolves talents like they constantly do with ours! This is an interesting deal which might change that.

However considering he’s been behind Neto and Podence since the restart this strikes me as a panic from Liverpool and a great hit of business from Wolves! 

A number 9 is what Liverpool needed.

• Like 2

Just now, AjcW said:

I’ve been wondering why no one in the press tries to sell Wolves talents like they constantly do with ours! This is an interesting deal which might change that.

However considering he’s been behind Neto and Podence since the restart this strikes me as a panic from Liverpool and a great hit of business from Wolves! 

This deal may have been in the offing for a while. Perhaps his head hasn’t been right .....would you risk a bad injury throwing yourself 100% into challenges  knowing that you have a possible move to Liverpool upcoming ???  Also, nuno may have decided to invest his time into the players he knew were staying ....

32 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Traore was linked to teams for about the last 3 months 

Jimenez also for the last few.

41 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Because nobody gives a **** about Wolves. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Manini said:

Has there ever been a bigger banker than a Leeds home win today? I see no way Fulham get anything from that game - I don’t even think Leeds are as good as some like to make out but I reckon they make light work of them today. 

Fulham (H) won 2-1 10 months ago.

with no crowd who knows.

Sometimes when teams that have been promoted together and play the following year it doesn’t all ways go as expected.

I wouldn’t say it’s the biggest banker ever, far from it.

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Fulham (H) won 2-1 10 months ago.

with no crowd who knows.

Sometimes when teams that have been promoted together and play the following year it doesn’t all ways go as expected.

I wouldn’t say it’s the biggest banker ever, far from it.

Get that. I just can’t see anything other than a Leeds win. Happy to be proven wrong but I think they win 3-1 today. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Get that. I just can’t see anything other than a Leeds win. Happy to be proven wrong but I think they win 3-1 today. 

Leeds will miss their home crowd they are a huge reason their home record has been as good the last few years.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Whenever I see them play recently though he's on the bench?

Seems Nuno prefers Traore and Neto. Plus they've got other cover there, not as good as Jota, they're definitely losing some quality depth. 

Podence has looked superb since he's come into the team, he's a very intelligent footballer. Neto has goals in him plus his delivery is excellent. 

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Is this the payback for the Mendes connection? You can have first dibs on all this talent but you have to let me sell them when I want. 

Not really. £45m is a good price for him and no doubt the player wanted the move. You can't do anything about top teams wanting to buy your players if they're good. 

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

No offence but if Leicester did a deal like that i would be fuming. You basically get nothing for a year other than youngster that's never played a first team game. Getting 10 mill a year over 4 years? Madness. You are losing a proven started / goalscorer. 

We are getting a much higher overall fee because we aren't desperate for immediate cash. In FFP terms it's a much better deal. 

1 hour ago, grth2004 said:

Good point I’d like to know what they think , the fact that

players are there just to get a bigger club as soon as possible must be slightly draining. 
you could say we are in a similar position and will always be part of the food chain but I hope not as cut throat as them 

If we were just a stepping stone then the likes of Boly, Neves, Traore and Jimenez wouldn't still be here. We've stuck huge prices on their heads to discourage bids. 

Edited by The Bear

5 minutes ago, twister said:

Leeds will miss their home crowd they are a huge reason their home record has been as good the last few years.

Haven’t lost game they’ve played at home since no fans in the stadium, includes a 3-0 win against Fulham. Elland Road can be an absolute fortress yes and I’d rather play there with no fans but not as big a deal against the lesser premier league teams in my opinion. I still expect the top teams to go there and win though, whereas I wouldn’t have been as confident in them winning if Leeds had a full house backing them.