Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Depressing seeing all this ambition from teams who finished below us last season.

The full extent of the damage Rodgers has done with his Great Escape from the top 4 is starting to become more apparent and will continue to do so for some time. I still can't quite believe it. 

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Comments like this really are ridiculously OTT. 2 clubs in opposite stances of wanting to sell and differences in contracts

I've said this before, being able to afford what a club will accept for a player is just part one. You've also got be able to attract the player. 

Leeds could technically afford Thiago, just as we could technically have afforded Ferran Torres. But just as Torres was never going to rock up here with Man City interested, Thiago wouldn't be seen dead at Leeds when he's just won the ****ing Champions League. 

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue

Thankfully i think bale will do for spurs what Rooney done for derby....next to nothing. Alli is a strange one gone backwards possibly due to injuries but also he believed the hype and suffered. 

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've said this before, being able to afford what a club will accept for a player is just part one. You've also got be able to attract the player. 

Leeds could technically afford Thiago, just as we could technically have afforded Ferran Torres. But just as Torres was never going to rock up here with Man City interested, Thiago wouldn't be seen dead at Leeds when he's just won the ****ing Champions League. 

That isn't the tweeter's point to be fair.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Every season without fail we get upset about other teams signing 'players we should have gone for'

Every season I forget to make the "Ooh look how that ****ing turned out" thread lol 

I'll pluck a figure out of thin air here but I bet 1 in 5 of those signings has actually gone on to do anything of note. Those players who go to your Everton's and West Ham's and occasionally Spurs... seem like amazing deals and then flop. IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR!

Meanwhile we've quietly gone about our business as ever. Won our first game comfortably, and look like we will be making even more moves in the coming weeks. 

You're right - it is easy to fall into the trap of seeing your rivals signings and thinking you've missed out. You can then easily forget all about it when they go on to do fvch all of note.

I can remember Veretout picking Villa over us and thinking, 'if only.' It's ridiculous, now. I think there were rumours that we were leaking false targets because of our reputation for good scouting and other clubs were pouncing on players we were linked with. That could have been one if the rumour was true.

Honestly, I think that is a great idea for a thread. If you don't start it, someone should. I suppose you would have to remember to add players you think we've missed out on at the beginning of each season, and then remember to go back to it when you can see whether they were bullets dodged or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

You're right - it is easy to fall into the trap of seeing your rivals signings and thinking you've missed out. You can then easily forget all about it when they go on to do fvch all of note.

I can remember Veretout picking Villa over us and thinking, 'if only.' It's ridiculous, now. I think there were rumours that we were leaking false targets because of our reputation for good scouting and other clubs were pouncing on players we were linked with. That could have been one if the rumour was true.

Honestly, I think that is a great idea for a thread. If you don't start it, someone should. I suppose you would have to remember to add players you think we've missed out on at the beginning of each season, and then remember to go back to it when you can see whether they were bullets dodged or not.

Yeah the nightmare will be remembering all the ones since we got promoted... if I get bored i'll have a go!

Funny on Veretout... Roma have just signed him for £16m!

26 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

We should have a look at Sessegnon if that's the case.

Sessegnon and Barnes for LW and Ünder and Perez for the right would do me. Gray can be allowed to leave for anything over £5m and Albrighton can stay if he wants but really not arsed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sessegnon and Barnes for LW and Ünder and Perez for the right would do me. Gray can be allowed to leave for anything over £5m and Albrighton can stay if he wants but really not arsed.

Lets be honest. The only place Sess goes if he leaves this window is back to Fulham

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah the nightmare will be remembering all the ones since we got promoted... if I get bored i'll have a go!

Funny on Veretout... Roma have just signed him for £16m!

You don't have to remember all of them. One or two just to get the ball rolling and other people will fill in the blanks.

Fuching hell! Never would have guessed he'd fetch that much or sign for a club like Roma. Flopped at Villa.

3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

You don't have to remember all of them. One or two just to get the ball rolling and other people will fill in the blanks.

Fuching hell! Never would have guessed he'd fetch that much or sign for a club like Roma. Flopped at Villa.

Aranguiz was another big one. Absolutely determined not to come here. Went to Bayer Leverkusen and within a month got a really serious injury (ruptured ligaments?)

4 hours ago, trabuch said:

I wonder what his wages are?

Gareth Bale set for Tottenham loan move: Real Madrid forward to fly in on Friday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54192248

So he's only joining on loan! And they're getting rid of several players, possibly Alli, to allow it to happen? That's mad.

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

So he's only joining on loan! And they're getting rid of several players, possibly Alli, to allow it to happen? That's mad.

I think Spurs could be in trouble. Hojbjerg and Doherty don't seem like the level of signings they'd normally go for, and now this. Reguilon would be a good signing, but if he's any good, Real Madrid can just have him straight back with the buy-back clause.

Wouldn’t have thought Madrid would let any one of their players go for 25 mil if he was really any good or up to their level even if they do have a buy back clause. Not that I have seen anything of him play just think they would want more. As for bale seems crazy having to let other players go just for a Loan. Hoping they have a shocking season even with bale 😂