Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Price is £41m initially with £4m addons. Which is about right IMO. 

We're getting highly rated RB/CB Ki-Jana Hoever off them for £9m in return. Been linked to Semedo at Barca today too. 

It always makes me very happy that despite Wolves seemingly signing every Portuguese player arriving in the Prem and indeed England, we managed to get Ricardo instead of them.

4 hours ago, Manini said:

I’d genuinely not heard of Michael Edwards until about 3 days ago, who is now being hailed as a genius by liverpool fans for the signings he’s making....

Its mad how all the best players want to go and play for one of the richest clubs in the world, current champions of England and under one of the best managers in the world isn’t it? 

I truly don’t know how Michael Edwards does it. 

tell your something wolves are utter mugs if they have agreed to just 4 million up front for jota

Some of these deals seem more than a bit odd the way their done, add the mendes factor, and I would love just love fifa to take a closer look at them.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

It's all about Bale now at £600K per week. Surely, his best days are well behind him.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Absolutely obscene!..

So many people struggling to put food on the table at the moment.

Doesn't sit well.

And Macclesfield go under for £500k, tells you all you need to know about what is wrong with modern day football. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Price is £41m initially with £4m addons. Which is about right IMO. 

We're getting highly rated RB/CB Ki-Jana Hoever off them for £9m in return. Been linked to Semedo at Barca today too. 

I swear he's Dutch?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I don't get that Jota transfer. He's a superb player, but unlikely to get in Liverpool's first XI at present.

I hope he enjoys the Carabao Cup. 

He'll be good for them I think. Young, pacy, experienced and a player Klopp could develop well in to how Liverpool play. He did with Mane from Southampton and will do the same. 

Their squad needed some better depth instead of 2nd rate subs and youngsters. Signing Thiago (who'll go straight in) and Jota is decent business. Their squad looks so complete. 

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I swear he's Dutch?

He is. 

The main reason Liverpool went for Jota instead of Sarr is that we have agreed to stagger the money over 5 years whereas Watford wanted about £40m up front. This year's payment to us is something small like £10m, which we've given back to them for Hoever. Essentially nothing for a year. They are waiting to see their income pick up once fans get in the ground again so it was ideal for them. And we are in a financial position where we can take a higher fee but not need it all straight away. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He is. 

The main reason Liverpool went for Jota instead of Sarr is that we have agreed to stagger the money over 5 years whereas Watford wanted about £40m up front. This year's payment to us is something small like £10m, which we've given back to them for Hoever. Essentially nothing for a year. They are waiting to see their income pick up once fans get in the ground again so it was ideal for them. And we are in a financial position where we can take a higher fee but not need it all straight away. 

No offence but if Leicester did a deal like that i would be fuming. You basically get nothing for a year other than youngster that's never played a first team game. Getting 10 mill a year over 4 years? Madness. You are losing a proven started / goalscorer. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

No offence but if Leicester did a deal like that i would be fuming. You basically get nothing for a year other than youngster that's never played a first team game. Getting 10 mill a year over 4 years? Madness. You are losing a proven started / goalscorer. 

It is indeed a bit bizarre, likewise selling Doherty for only £15m. I thought Wolves would at some point see the odd important first team player sold to increase funds to strengthen the overall squad but both deals aren't exactly that good for them.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Whenever I see them play recently though he's on the bench?

Seems Nuno prefers Traore and Neto. Plus they've got other cover there, not as good as Jota, they're definitely losing some quality depth. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Whenever I see them play recently though he's on the bench?

Seems Nuno prefers Traore and Neto. Plus they've got other cover there, not as good as Jota, they're definitely losing some quality depth. 

Played 34 games for Wolves last season but yeah he was a squad player. I don't have a problem selling players if the deal is right but this sounds rubbish for Wolves 10 mill a year for 4 years. It's neither here nor there. 40 over 2 wouldn't be too bad but over 4 seems mad. 

Troare's on his day is unplayable but will he give you 40 games a season? His shoulder problem doesn't seem to be going away, and must admit I don't no a lot about Neto. 

If I was a Wolves fans wound be thinking what's Mendes doing behind the scenes it all seems to be a little quick to... 

But like I said for me it weakens a team on our level so happy days for us really. 

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is indeed a bit bizarre, likewise selling Doherty for only £15m. I thought Wolves would at some point see the odd important first team player sold to increase funds to strengthen the overall squad but both deals aren't exactly that good for them.

I think we need to take into account the discount they might be getting on bringing players in, reduction in agent fees (maybe) and also attracting players who would never come to wolves normally. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Is this the payback for the Mendes connection? You can have first dibs on all this talent but you have to let me sell them when I want. 

Exactly, there just advertising upcoming talent for bigger clubs, as long as Mendes keeps supplying it may work for them but I wouldn’t be happy as a fan personally 

2 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Exactly, there just advertising upcoming talent for bigger clubs, as long as Mendes keeps supplying it may work for them but I wouldn’t be happy as a fan personally 

It's hard to know what's best. Would Wolves fans prefer to be in the Championship and not have to sell their players? 

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's hard to know what's best. Would Wolves fans prefer to be in the Championship and not have to sell their players? 

Good point I’d like to know what they think , the fact that

players are there just to get a bigger club as soon as possible must be slightly draining. 
you could say we are in a similar position and will always be part of the food chain but I hope not as cut throat as them 

Talk of Max arrons for Barca

yes he is quick yes he has good pace ( a mid prem level type of player), but he can't defend, his crossing is poor, gets caught on his back foot way to often

Not even close to being  a Barcelona or top four level player, dont say I didn't warn you when all of this proves true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1