Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I think Jota's a bit inconsistent and 35m seems a reasonable price for Wolves to get given he's not a guaranteed starter.

I wait to see what Wolves spend it on. Again they're supposedly in for an 18 year old from Liverpool who has hardly played a game of football. I'd get taking the risk of signing a bunch of promising youngsters with great potential if it was to supplement a squad with quality depth, but these kids are signing to be the depth. 

Yh 35is a good fee because they do have good options on the wing already Neto Traore and Podence are all good options. And now they have signed Fabio silva for a club record fee I’m sure nuno will be looking to give him some game time too up front with jiminez in a 3-5-2. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

People think we're the only club that sells players to 'top six' clubs.

Oh right, just saw the Jota news. Weird transfer.
I was lost with the post edit and the blank space above, looked like @Stevosevic had deleted the part of the post that gave it context. :wes:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Does anyone else listen to The Totally Football Show? The brilliant James Richardson described West Ham vs Newcastle as the 'One club you wouldn't swap your owners with' derby.

Superb.

Used to religiously, but got a bit stale for me (as much as I love the presenters). Might start giving it a go though for the new season!

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Oh right, just saw the Jota news. Weird transfer.
I was lost with the post edit and the blank space above, looked like @Stevosevic had deleted the part of the post that gave it context. :wes:

There was a story in the Athletic about Jota and how this was going to be his breakout season, having shown great potential the previous season with his expected goals in double figures. 

It's been suggested that Liverpool are taking much more of a "Moneyball" approach so perhaps this is one of those transfers that looks strange but statistically makes sense. 

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Wolves selling jota seems a strange move. Always thought he's one of their best players. Seems like its a done deal.

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

I think Jota's a bit inconsistent and 35m seems a reasonable price for Wolves to get given he's not a guaranteed starter.

I wait to see what Wolves spend it on. Again they're supposedly in for an 18 year old from Liverpool who has hardly played a game of football. I'd get taking the risk of signing a bunch of promising youngsters with great potential if it was to supplement a squad with quality depth, but these kids are signing to be the depth. 

2 hours ago, Harry96 said:

Yh 35is a good fee because they do have good options on the wing already Neto Traore and Podence are all good options. And now they have signed Fabio silva for a club record fee I’m sure nuno will be looking to give him some game time too up front with jiminez in a 3-5-2. 

It'll be sad to see him go as he's been brilliant for us and scored some great goals. Suspicions were raised when he travelled for the Carabao Cup game last night but left before kick off. Nuno just kept saying "he wasn't available". 

As mentioned his inconsistency has been his failing last season, and he can be very streaky with his goals. Plus he's a hit it first time instinct finisher and his  general play if he isn't scoring can be poor with his decision making and finishing.

The fee is probably a little low, but I guess that is part and parcel of the Mendes stuff and how we were able to get him in the first place.

We are well set in the wide positions though with Podence, Neto and Traore. We have to replace his goals from somewhere. We've been repeatedly linked with winger Pepe from Gremio this window too. 

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

There was a story in the Athletic about Jota and how this was going to be his breakout season, having shown great potential the previous season with his expected goals in double figures. 

It's been suggested that Liverpool are taking much more of a "Moneyball" approach so perhaps this is one of those transfers that looks strange but statistically makes sense. 

He definitely underperformed his xG last season. He's a great instinct finisher but struggles if he has too much time to think about it. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

He definitely underperformed his xG last season. He's a great instinct finisher but struggles if he has too much time to think about it. 

This was one phrase that always amused me to read. Such an odd thing to describe to a non-football fan, but makes sense in the context.