Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I wasn't thinking of the Europa.  How far down the table go for Europa places go. ?

It's normally Top 7 for Europe or Top 6 + FA cup winner isn't it. I am not sure for qualification this year as they have that new competition coming in as well next year don't they? I can't help wondering if they are in the position they are scrapping for Europe whether he will have completely lost the players by then anyway. 

Guest StevieLynex
30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Another major tournament where our main striker gets a foot injury several weeks before, will be horribly unfit but will start every game.

Will keep the media busy - will he or won't he be fit - a la Beckham and Rooney from years gone by

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

It's normally Top 7 for Europe or Top 6 + FA cup winner isn't it. I am not sure for qualification this year as they have that new competition coming in as well next year don't they? I can't help wondering if they are in the position they are scrapping for Europe whether he will have completely lost the players by then anyway. 

I was hoping they'd be on a Beach somewhere and not bothering about the game. Yes things don't seem too rosy between Mourinho and the players right now. I suspect he'll be dumped come the summer.

Thanks for the info.

34 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Everton spent 120m last summer, 75m this summer, they're paying Ancelotti about 200k a week (give or take a few grand) and they signed Rodriguez on a free and are paying him about 100k or so a week.

They're gonna be lucky to finish 6th...

Wanna know what Burnley would look like if they were given hundreds of millions to spend? They would be Everton. Terrible team that belongs down in 12th.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Another major tournament where our main striker gets a foot injury several weeks before, will be horribly unfit but will start every game.

I think a half fit striker is possibly one of the worst things for a manager. If they are fully fit or injured its an easy selection decision. As much as its fashionable to slate Kane he is world class and in the top 5, possibly top 3 in his position in the world so its difficult to drop him even when half fit. He wasnt bad when half injured earlier this season.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Koke said:

Wanna know what Burnley would look like if they were given hundreds of millions to spend? They would be Everton. Terrible team that belongs down in 12th.

Weren't some of their fans getting pissy because somebody ignored them as title contenders earlier this season?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Best result for us. Spurs won't have anything to play for when they play us in the 2nd last game.

Hopefully the simulated crowd on telly can sing at Jose "you're getting sacked in the morning" to inspire the team to get rid. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

What a wasted career being at The Spuds.....

When his grandkids ask..Grandad Harry, tell us about what you won when you played football... (There's an embarrassing moment of silence).........

Lets see what's on CBEEBIES shall we kids!

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Spuds would be relegation fodder without Kane.

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Spuds.. decent season but..

No Sigur 😁

Your hatred and obsession with Spurs is just weird, half the posts you write in here are slagging Spurs off or specifically Harry Kane. 2016 was 5 years ago and we won the league. Let it go, they sure as hell aren't spewing bile about Leicester.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Your hatred and obsession with Spurs is just weird, half the posts you write in here are slagging Spurs off or specifically Harry Kane. 2016 was 5 years ago and we won the league. Let it go, they sure as hell aren't spewing bile about Leicester.

Maybe he is like me.....and has a long memory. League cup final 1999. Aholes on the pitch trying to get Savage sent off. Aholes off the pitch.....Young men verbally bullying young kids, women and old men wearing Leicester scarves travelling  on the tube to the game. I have absolutely no respect for a team or supporters like that. It is utterly different to visiting places like Sheffield, Newcastle etc where there is good humoured banter in the pub. Add me to the list of people who despise Spurs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

Maybe he is like me.....and has a long memory. League cup final 1999. Aholes on the pitch trying to get Savage sent off. Aholes off the pitch.....Young men verbally bullying young kids, women and old men wearing Leicester scarves travelling  on the tube to the game. I have absolutely no respect for a team or supporters like that. It is utterly different to visiting places like Sheffield, Newcastle etc where there is good humoured banter in the pub. Add me to the list of people who despise Spurs.

That cup final put my older brother off football for good, but the experience meant that even he enjoyed a small bit of the schadenfreude in our title season despite now having the most passive interest possible in City. I've heard tales of the day from him and it didn't sound pleasant for a 9 year old to go through, so I don't blame him at all.

My Dad was so relieved when I got back into the footy after following my brother's lack of interest in my early teens - he managed to get me back to games during our League One relegation season of all years! lol

I'm kind of over the joking about Spurs being serial bottlers, especially after how we ended last season, but I'm never gonna hold any soft spot for them after ruining my bro's passion for the game growing up.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CanadianFan said:

And me too... Some of our new and younger supporters need to realise the opinions many of us have about Spurs go back way before 15/16. 
The league cup final was horrendous, the Spurs fans who were in our end that day were disgusting! There on field antics not much better - although we did have Savage doing his best to level that out.

Even before that out last FA Cup semi final against them was an interesting affair to say the least and many have a bit of a grudge from this day.

So if @weller54 is full of hatred and obsessed he is not on his own. 
Over the next few years expect this to intensify as we both hang around the top 6 battling for European spots and possibly domestic cups.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

100%

My strong dislike of Spurs can be traced directly to that day. I was a 12 year old excited for my first trip to Wembley and I remember on the journey down my dad saying to me ‘no matter the result, we’re staying to the end to clap the players off as they’ve done amazing to get this far’

Then after 91 mins of shittery, those c*nts score and the Spurs fans instead of celebrating the fact their team had surely scored the winning goal and won a trophy they decide to turn to their right and direct some of the worst verbal abuse I’ve ever been subjected to (reminder I was 12) as we were sat about 20 metres from them. I had bottles thrown at me, called names I wouldn’t want to repeat, had my life threatened, it was disgraceful. My dad immediately got up and said come on were leaving as we were walking down the steps a bottle hit him and I got hit by a coin

Even as a 12 year old I couldn’t believe they’d rather bully and threaten a child than celebrate a last minute winner in a cup final

I ****ing hate the club more than any other and the fact they thought they were our nearest challengers in 15/16 makes that victory even sweeter  

• Like 4

They do seem like an entitled lot with a chip on their shoulder, possibly due to having long been the third (or fourth, at times) London club. 

Chelsea seems full of plastics and racists, Arsenal are the glamour club with actual history and West Ham are just kind of there with the nonexistent "way" that they have. Though I'm not really sure what that way is.

Cockney?