Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, FOXSE said:

The more key injuries we had, the more we seemed to 'bottle' it....

Our rivals also have key injuries. We have a golden opportunity to take advantage against the second worst team in the league. Call it bottle, choke, whatever, but it's a must win.

Just now, Koke said:

Our rivals also have key injuries. We have a golden opportunity to take advantage against the second worst team in the league. Call it bottle, choke, whatever, but it's a must win.

He was talking about a year ago - hence the use of the past tense.

23 minutes ago, Koke said:

Home games against WBA, Palace and Newcastle + 1 away at Southampton. This is now or never. We couldn't wish for  better fixtures so let's take advantage.

Its a Great opportunity no doubt...But there are no shoulds,

Players from these clubs wont lay down and roll over...

16 hours ago, Koke said:

So if we win the other 6 games and draw this? I agree it a golden opportunity but not must win.

No game is must win until it come down to mathematically needing to win.

Also no one who is willing to pull on a pair of football boots and play in front of 30000k people willing to boo your every mistake can really be called a bottler........

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So if we win the other 6 games and draw this? I agree it a golden opportunity but not must win.

No game is must win until it come down to mathematically needing to win.

Also no one who is willing to pull on a pair of football boots and play in front of 30000k people willing to boo your every mistake can be called a really be called a bottler........

This! The amount of "must win" games we have already had this season lol

It's only a "must win" if we need all 3 points to guarantee our place in the top 4 e.g Final game of season against Man U last season 

WBA is an important game but not season defining. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Koke said:

Actually, right at the moment, I would probably agree. I was more thinking its harsh on last year when in some games we had Morgan and the guy on loan from wolves lining up in defense!

But, we have just shown plenty of bottle to get through the FA cup semi final... 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

This! The amount of "must win" games we have already had this season lol

It's only a "must win" if we need all 3 points to guarantee our place in the top 4 e.g Final game of season against Man U last season 

WBA is an important game but not season defining. 

Stoke '08 was must win, WBA is an ideally we need to win but other opportunities are available to win points. Another 6 to be precise. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

That clusterf8ck against west ham :(

Other Teams are allowed to Ruin our routine....its called competition..!!

We have it in our hands to hold Top 3, and make the 2 games against Chelsea the ones that will Define our season's measurement of success..

Time to See if our squad have the Quality to be recognised has one of our best teams we have ever seen..!!  :scarf:

Time to Let Loose the Dogs of war....and bend our backs for King Dick & fair maid Rachel.R...:englandsmile4wf:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Disagree about the "season defining" bit. If we're going to get top four the obvious route is to take advantage of the next four games and hang on from there. 

Whilst it's obviously not a "must win" in the pure sense we really need to make our move now.

Exactly this. If we lose tomorrow and miss out on CL by 2 points, we'll look back on it as a must have won game. 

Lots of games post lockdown last season weren't 'must win'. We didn't win so many of them that we totally collapsed. We really could've done with winning some of those games in retrospect.!!!

23 minutes ago, sdb said:

14 points clear. We defo bottled it imo. Injuries or not we should've held onto leads against soon-to-be relegated Watford (for 2 mins) or Bournemouth, one of the worst PL sides I've ever seen. 

Some people on here don't like to be critical of the players and manager. We could blow a 20 point lead and they'd somehow find positives from it and make the critics sound illogical and reactionary.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sdb said:

14 points clear. We defo bottled it imo. Injuries or not we should've held onto leads against soon-to-be relegated Watford (for 2 mins) or Bournemouth, one of the worst PL sides I've ever seen. 

Indeed, there's no way that can be rationalized away as anything but a massive choke.  Every club has injuries late in the season - and our most important absence wasn't the result of an injury, but a suspension that came after a bonehead play (which is a choke).

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Give Potter a good attack and he'll work wonders IMO.

Bissouma, Dunk, White, Veltman and Sanchez are all capable of playing at a much higher level IMO.

I like Potter. Says good stuff and plays good stuff. 

I don't think I've ever seen a side create so much but finish so little.

• Like 1

Best case after next Monday's game we are 6 points clear of 4th and 5th (if we beat WBA and Palace and Chelsea vs West Ham ends a draw).

Worst case we are 5th only on goal difference (if we lose both, Liverpool beat Newcastle and West Ham or Chelsea win).

In the best case it would really open that gap up with another two "favourable" matches coming. I am still convinced we would get something from our last three games too.

Let's build some momentum now, go unbeaten over the next 5/6 games and go into the cup final with confidence.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Best case after next Monday's game we are 6 points clear of 4th and 5th (if we beat WBA and Palace and Chelsea vs West Ham ends a draw).

Worst case we are 5th only on goal difference (if we lose both, Liverpool beat Newcastle and West Ham or Chelsea win).

In the best case it would really open that gap up with another two "favourable" matches coming. I am still convinced we would get something from our last three games too.

Let's build some momentum now, go unbeaten over the next 5/6 games and go into the cup final with confidence.

I agree We will get points from our last three, we have done well against such sides this season, Spurs aren’t looking great and I believe we can certainly beat Man U again. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Why hasnt the Villa v Everton match been rearranged yet? Not like either of them are in cups or anything.

I assume they will anounce the remaining fixture splits (including those two TBC games) together. They might leave the last 2 gameweeks for the time being until closer the time to see if fans can get in and which channel wants to show which game (certainly for gameweek 38).

56 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Anyone else not that bothered now that we didn’t get Champions League last season?

Would much rather have a shot at the FA Cup then have Atletico Madrid visit an empty King Power. 

While I agree with you from a fan:s perspective, we really do need to be competing in the champions league on a nearly annual basis to achieve the club's ambition.