Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

It was clear from klopp’s interviews that this has got to his players, especially the public protests that they’ve seen today.  Fans of all the other clubs need to try to get at players of these clubs when they arrive at grounds (socially distanced of course).  From a selfish POV, that helps us re Chelsea and Liverpool. 

• Like 1

Just like last year. If we take care of our business we will be in the CL. Even the last game of last season we still had the chance to play CL football in our own hands. I hope we are mentally stronger this year and don't do what Watford did when they reached the FA cup final and lose most of their remaining games. Two wins in the next 2 games will take a bit of pressure off, particularly as West Ham play Chelsea next.

Guest bennytwohats
7 hours ago, Gerard said:

It's really been our week.

Beat Southampton in the FA Cup and Chelsea beat Man City.

In the league 4 of the threats behind us played and Tottenham and Everton cut each others throats by drawing in a result no good to either of them and West Ham lost and Liverpool drew both away from home but to teams they really needed to beat. 

It would be nice to see Brighton do a job on Chelsea but more importantly we need to take advantage of this run of four games coming up to put ourselves within touching distance of top four with three games to go.

Quite. I know it’s not the bigger picture right now as well but those players of teams in the super league have to have all sorts of anxieties running through their mind right now, what it means for their international careers, and the backlash of the fans. Players of other teams have a bit of extra motivation to go and beat these teams and show they don’t deserve to be in a different competition on merit.

From a narrow perspective of our league position, I think this works to our advantage.

17 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Just like last year. If we take care of our business we will be in the CL. Even the last game of last season we still had the chance to play CL football in our own hands. I hope we are mentally stronger this year and don't do what Watford did when they reached the FA cup final and lose most of their remaining games. Two wins in the next 2 games will take a bit of pressure off, particularly as West Ham play Chelsea next.

Given that some clubs regularly in the CL won't be in it next year, we shouldn't really have a problem qualifying and competing in it now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Given that some clubs regularly in the CL won't be in it next year, we shouldn't really have a problem qualifying and competing in it now. 

Unfortunately I can see no action being taken that can be implemented immediately as there will undoubtedly be legal challenges from those expelled.

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It was clear from klopp’s interviews that this has got to his players, especially the public protests that they’ve seen today.  Fans of all the other clubs need to try to get at players of these clubs when they arrive at grounds (socially distanced of course).  From a selfish POV, that helps us re Chelsea and Liverpool. 

Good. The more rattled they are the better. 

The way Tuchel responded in his press conference was not good (he showed zero balls, probably scared of Roman being so new in the role). Klopp and Milner however did the right thing. I am not sure how much the players/staff really know what goes on above them and until this evolves, condemning the players/managers is not OK. If they stick with the club long term and don't challenge the ownership, then I would start asking questions why they are just letting it happen. This is news to everyone and is not even 48 hours old. No doubt players/staff from those clubs mentioned will be affected in some way already but they have not had a proper chance to reflect on things and consider any next steps. Most of them probably just want to go out and play football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The way Tuchel responded in his press conference was not good (he showed zero balls, probably scared of Roman being so new in the role). Klopp and Milner however did the right thing. I am not sure how much the players/staff really know what goes on above them and until this evolves, condemning the players/managers is not OK. If they stick with the club long term and don't challenge the ownership, then I would start asking questions why they are just letting it happen. This is news to everyone and is not even 48 hours old. No doubt players/staff from those clubs mentioned will be affected in some way already but they have not had a proper chance to reflect on things and consider any next steps. Most of them probably just want to go out and play football.

The journos didn’t do their jobs by pushing tuchel to state his opinion 

he just said he trusted the club to do the right thing .... he has to be pushed in the next presser to have an opinion 

no other questions if he won’t answer 

Tonight Brighton play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

It's worth remembering that in the 196/97 season Brighton were homeless and one drawn game from going out of the Football League after 77 years. Approx. 24 years later they have a new ground and have now been in the PL since 2017.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Tonight Brighton play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

It's worth remembering that in the 196/97 season Brighton were homeless and one drawn game from going out of the Football League after 77 years. Approx. 24 years later they have a new ground and have now been in the PL since 2017.

Yeah but they only have legacy fans! 

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Can all the non 6 grounds stick money songs in the pre match playlist lol

Remember about a decade ago Hibs sacked their PA announcer because he played Taxman by the Beatles at half time when Hearts were struggling financially lol 

• Haha 3