Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, ALC Fox said:

Big result for us. Utd is going to be super tough but my suspicion is Ole will rotate, and we know we can beat a Red Devils side with several changes made.

The carrot is if we beat them we'll only need one win to secure top 4. With a day longer than Chelsea to prepare for Saturday, surely we have to go all out to win this. Strongest XI possible.

We could beat them and if results go our way it could be sealed. 

• Like 1

At the risk of stating the obvious, ManU/Liv is simply massive. Has that Chelsea/Spurs feel

about it! Surely to god, every single person associated with Utd will be prioritising the opportunity to keep the scousers out of CL?

Just now, weller54 said:

We still need 5 points to pip Liverpool IMO.. can't see us getting 5.... maybe 3 (Spuds game).

You think Liverpool will not lose any of their 4 they can only get 69 points... one defeat only 66 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, Stevosevic said:

We're being given chances. 

If we can't be up for Tuesday and get something then this team really doesn't have the minerals.

They don’t HAVE to get anything, but they certainly need to look like want too

Oh shit, now we have to be hopeful again.....

I really hope the squad get a big boost from this. If I was Brendan, I’d be getting them all together tonight at the training ground and tell them that we can do this. I think there’s a lack of confidence in the team at the minute, and they just need to believe in themselves, and the mistakes will stop happening. I’d be bringing them in for a dinner together and start to build that belief again! Realistically, 4 more points should do it. I can’t see Liverpool winning all of their remaining games so with 4 more points, even if westham won every single game, we would get 4th on goal difference. 

2 minutes ago, katieakita said:

So is it the top 5 who get into the Champions league now the winner will come from the Premier league

UEFA rules stipulate that Champions League and Europa League winners automatically qualify for the Champions League. But the governing body has also capped at a maximum of five the number of teams from a single country that can qualify for the Champions League (and a total of seven across both competitions).

So, if Chelsea win the Champions League and finish fourth, nothing happens. But if they finish fifth, they would make it five English teams in the Champions League.

• Like 2

Along with the points situation it's a timely knock of confidence for West Ham, still a poor weekend for us but a bit of good news / fortune for us at last. Think we'll make it if Utd beat Liverpool. On the other hand if West Ham think it's done and the pressure comes off they couldwin the last three and find themselves back in the mix under the radar.

Well our remaining opponents won’t operate with a low block (well maybe Spurs) so it will be interesting to see how we are.

• Like 1