Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

16 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If this is true of Kyle Walker would it be harsh to ban him from football alltogether, would seriously send out a clear message.

They could ban him sine die.  No wages, no contact with any football clubs or players.  Then if he keeps his nose clean they can let him back when all restrictions have been lifted.

That's not just for punishment reasons - it's because he is quite simply not fit to be let out.

(If he's guilty, of course.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Whats that 3 times now he's broken the rules by having parties? Genuinely think Man City should sack him and further criminal punishment should follow. He needs making an example of. He apologised for the first time, so he knows its wrong, yet has done it twice more, and this is a 3p year old man, he really should know better. Needs to be made an example of.

I’m afraid he’s a combination of entitled and stupid. An  example of what happens when a thick person has too much money .....

too stupid to work out that he shouldn’t be hosting a party and worse still, there seem to be plenty of other stupid young footballers out there willing to join in ! 

• Like 1

Walker really is a Grade A **** and deserves the book throwing at him. I hope Southgate comes out and tells him he won't be selected again. 

Especially annoying when pretty much every club is doing everything they can to stop their players getting it. We have even told ours not to do their own shopping in order to minimize the risk of catching it. 

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Walker really is a Grade A **** and deserves the book throwing at him. I hope Southgate comes out and tells him he won't be selected again. 

Especially annoying when pretty much every club is doing everything they can to stop their players getting it. We have even told ours not to do their own shopping in order to minimize the risk of catching it. 

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. When footballers literally commit manslaughter and still get a footballing contract, throwing a party whilst under Tier 3 restrictions is nothing.

I'd love for him to be banned for a lengthy period though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

We have even told ours not to do their own shopping in order to minimize the risk of catching it. 

Does that include potential signings too? How the hell are we supposed to spot them in Morrison's now?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sdb said:

For me it's more the fact that - bar Brighton (?) and Man City - we've looked like dropping points all game and not adapted. I guess that's similar to what you're saying, but we need to be a) more gritty and determined and b) find a way to play against mediocre sides who soak up pressure and then cut through high, wonky defensive lines.

Arsenal away we stuck to the gameplan and executed it perfectly. Wolves at home we nullified any chance of them coming back in to it. 

There have been some shocking performances this season too but let's not pretend we only ever get results when things go our way because it's not true. Also, he changed it vs Fulham and West Ham but we were already 2 nil down and the changes made little difference, sometimes that happens. Plenty of other times changes have been made and it's worked. We are doing well this season, fans still struggle to move on from the capitulation of the 2019/20 season though. Understandable to a point but we have now learnt how to win away again, how to combat the supposed better sides which shows Rodgers can adapt, just need to establish how we get back to being ruthless vs the mediocre sides home and away and we will be the team many of our fans demand of us. Cannot wait for Ricardo to be back and I have a feeling we will get a striker this window.

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

It isn't great to have so many cases but if they can link it to one event then that should calm the overall fears down a bit.

The problem is, if players from say 5/6 clubs were there... it could have a massive knock on effect. 

Covid rule-breakers 'have blood on their hands'

People who do not follow social distancing rules or wear masks "have blood on their hands", an intensive care doctor has warned.

Prof Hugh Montgomery told BBC Radio 5 Live hospitals were facing a "tsunami" of Covid cases and he feared it would get worse after New Year's Eve.

The intensive care doctor said that it was wrong to blame the surge in cases and deaths on the new variant of coronavirus rather than people not following mask rules or social distancing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55479018

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

If its the case that walker caused the match against Everton to be postponed shouldn't they have points deducted for it? I mean if they can prove its his gross negligence I don't see why they should get away with it.

Surely there's no way to fully prove it with a virus like this? Even if it's extremely likely there's always the slim chance it was another player at training who'd caught it somewhere else...

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Covid rule-breakers 'have blood on their hands'

People who do not follow social distancing rules or wear masks "have blood on their hands", an intensive care doctor has warned.

Prof Hugh Montgomery told BBC Radio 5 Live hospitals were facing a "tsunami" of Covid cases and he feared it would get worse after New Year's Eve.

The intensive care doctor said that it was wrong to blame the surge in cases and deaths on the new variant of coronavirus rather than people not following mask rules or social distancing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55479018

Surely though it takes 2 to not follow the mask rules to spread it, so the only people spreading it are the ones breaking the rules. Supermarkets are the breeding ground for this virus, nothing gets cleaned down very often, it's very difficult for social distancing to be observed as people meander their way up the aisles and peruse items on both sides. It's throne constant that never gets talked about. Bam supermarkets, I've prepared all my life for this by consuming horrendous tinned goods and not only do I have enough in supply but my stomach is trained for a diet of beans and little sausages and tinned kebabs.

• Haha 3

What a bellend Kyle Walker is. That guy has to be the most selfish pro going. 

If it's true that the cases came from that party then I think Walker should be banned for the rest of this season, any other players there should face a massive fine and a 3 matche ban and as much as this ****s us, Everton should be awarded the points for that cancelled game. 

It's just mind-boggling how stupid that guy is. 

29 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

If its the case that walker caused the match against Everton to be postponed shouldn't they have points deducted for it? I mean if they can prove its his gross negligence I don't see why they should get away with it.

Don't want them awarding the match to Everton, though!lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

What a bellend Kyle Walker is. That guy has to be the most selfish pro going. 

If it's true that the cases came from that party then I think Walker should be banned for the rest of this season, any other players there should face a massive fine and a 3 matche ban and as much as this ****s us, Everton should be awarded the points for that cancelled game. 

It's just mind-boggling how stupid that guy is. 

If I was his manager I would sack him - biosecurity is now a competitive issue.

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

I've not been to a supermarket or any other shop except one emergency visit to our local shop since last February. But that's thanks to all the delivery people and the existence of the internet. 

It has meant a restricted diet but prefer that to a dose of Covid.

What amazes me is the number of people I come across on my daily walk who seem to have no sense of the danger of this virus, I would say 80-90% of those I see never give a thought to moving out of the way even on wide pavements/paths as the casually continue to occupy the centre of them.  It seems to be always me and MrsG that has to go onto the grass verge or road to avoid them. :mad:

That's probably because current advice is that the chance of contracting the virus from walking past someone is negligible.  They reckon that you can stand 2 metres away from someone and talk to them for 15 minutes and the chances of catching coronavirus is still negligible.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

I've not been to a supermarket or any other shop except one emergency visit to our local shop since last February. But that's thanks to all the delivery people and the existence of the internet. 

It has meant a restricted diet but prefer that to a dose of Covid.

What amazes me is the number of people I come across on my daily walk who seem to have no sense of the danger of this virus, I would say 80-90% of those I see never give a thought to moving out of the way even on wide pavements/paths as the casually continue to occupy the centre of them.  It seems to be always me and MrsG that has to go onto the grass verge or road to avoid them. :mad:

It's one of the reasons we've been hit so hard with this virus, unfortunately this pandemic has shown us up as selfish and down right thick.

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If I was his manager I would sack him - biosecurity is now a competitive issue.

And lose a 50 million pound asset? Never gonna happen.

7 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

The Kyle Walker stuff is just whispers from WhatsApp groups at this point right?

Yeah.

I've read that it's meant to be in tomorrows papers, but we'll see, probably end up being bollocks.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal