Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

21 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think I would have took being 4 points from top going into the new year at the start of the season. Don’t think about those games, we need to look forward now. the table is very tight but 29 from 16 games is a very good points haul however you look at it.

Of course it's a good haul but Liverpool dropping points tonight doesn't excuse Fulham or West Ham at home now does it. Everyone will be rightly gutted if we miss out on something by a few points at the end of the season and those will be the games that will have cost us. Man City drawing with West Brom has zero bearing on what we're doing.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Of course it's a good haul but Liverpool dropping points tonight doesn't excuse Fulham or West Ham at home now does it. Everyone will be rightly gutted if we miss out on something by a few points at the end of the season and those will be the games that will have cost us. Man City drawing with West Brom has zero bearing on what we're doing.

And those 2 points we pissed away against Palace!.. 

Absolutely criminal.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Poor games, they happen but on the whole it has been a very good first half of the season. 4 points from top with players to come back from injury and hopefully a signing or two in January to help us through the second half. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Liverpool got five points from Palace, Albion and Newcastle

We got 5 points from Spurs, Man Utd, and Palace....

there are no easy games in this league....

We are as likely to win on Sunday as lose...

The opposition do (did at Palace) have an option to change how they play,,,,it is never given we will win....

We win the games we shouldn't win and lose the games we shouldn't lose!

10 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Liverpool got five points from Palace, Albion and Newcastle

We got 5 points from Spurs, Man Utd, and Palace....

there are no easy games in this league....

We are just as likely to win on Sunday as lose... 

The opposition do (did at Palace) have an option to change how they play,,,,it is never given we will win....

If that truly is the case what's the point in having more expensive players and a manager on such a high wage if that doesn't heighten expectations 

Are the people claiming we should not have dropped points against some of the lower placed teams, also complaining that we don't have enough squad depth until we've replaced nacho, hamza, albrighton, etc.?

13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

We win the games we shouldn't win and lose the games we shouldn't lose!

I'd sooner win the games we shouldn't, we're taking points of the teams around us.

It's not realistic, with our injuries and the number of games, to expect us to have also won against lower teams, Liverpool and Man City have also dropped points due to the number of games. Teams are tired, more so than they normally would be at just over a third of the way through the season.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I'd sooner win the games we shouldn't, we're taking points of the teams around us.

It's not realistic, with our injuries and the number of games, to expect us to have also won against lower teams, Liverpool and Man City have also dropped points due to the number of games. Teams are tired, more so than they normally would be at just over a third of the way through the season.

We're capable of taking points from teams around us but it's not realistic to take points from the lesser quality teams?

I don't follow that logic at all.

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I doubt very much that he will be there after the Summer. The new owners will have more ambition than just staying up.

I suspect the new owners will realise that with Dyche we have achieved vastly more than expectations.  Since the most recent promotion, we have finished 16th, 7th, 15th, 10th.  Two top half finishes in the last 3 seasons.  One qualification for Europe.  (Nothing in the cups, partly because we keep being drawn against Man City and partly because we can lose to anyone in the League Cup.)

Compare that with yourselves.  The biggest club outside the "big 6", I would say - OK, maybe Everton and then you - 12th, 9th, 9th, 5th.  Better than Burnley, but not by that much.  That's not a criticism, that's just how it is.  For any club outside the "big six" to do significantly better than either we have or you have in the last 4 years is not simply a matter of chucking a bit more money at it.  Leicester has significantly bigger crowds than Burnley and a vastly bigger catchment area, and a vastly richer owner for that matter, and challenging for honours isn't the basic starting point for you to move on from.

Point is, the new owners do not have enough money to throw at it to feel confident about doing better than we are doing now.

(I am not forgetting your Champions season, which was a year before this window.  We weren't in the Prem at the time - you had just relegated us!  Grr.  But it was a glorious season, but even so, it appears it might have been a one-off.  Hope not.  Win it again, this year.)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

At the start of the season, some on here would have taken being 4 points out of the relegation zone😄😄

Look at page 1 of this thread. It was ridiculous people even speaking of relegation battle. That's why I posted at that time, on page 1, that we'll be nowhere near the bottom.