Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The same as 

Liverpool drawing with Newcastle or Fulham

Man Utd losing to Arsenal or Crystal Palace

Man City drawing with WBA

Spurs drew with Crystal Palace

Everton drew with Burnley and lost to Newcastle

These are just a few of the top of my head. Every team is dropping points. If we finish behind a team it’s not down to one individual moment or one result. We will finish where we deserve to finish after 38 games.

At present we are 3rd and only 4 points from the top of the league and 3 points from 9th which suggests we are about as consistent as every other team in the top half.

Add to this we still haven’t had our full strength team out this season.

We have also played 23 games this season, not counting the international games we have played.

That is 8 games more than Aston Villa, 5 more than Everton and Southampton. 
We need to rotate a bit more but have been limited by who can come in.

All in all we’re doing pretty well I think.

This is excellent post and gives a proper perspective. You do write some very good insightful post. 🤙

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The same as 

Liverpool drawing with Newcastle or Fulham

Man Utd losing to Arsenal or Crystal Palace

Man City drawing with WBA

Spurs drew with Crystal Palace

Everton drew with Burnley and lost to Newcastle

These are just a few of the top of my head. Every team is dropping points. If we finish behind a team it’s not down to one individual moment or one result. We will finish where we deserve to finish after 38 games.

At present we are 3rd and only 4 points from the top of the league and 3 points from 9th which suggests we are about as consistent as every other team in the top half.

Add to this we still haven’t had our full strength team out this season.

We have also played 23 games this season, not counting the international games we have played.

That is 8 games more than Aston Villa, 5 more than Everton and Southampton. 
We need to rotate a bit more but have been limited by who can come in.

All in all we’re doing pretty well I think.

While people are quite entitled to express frustration when things don't pan out quite as we hope, it's worth keeping all that mind. 

41 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

While people are quite entitled to express frustration when things don't pan out quite as we hope, it's worth keeping all that mind. 

Are they quite entitled to do so? Seems like they are shot down instantly no matter what the context

56 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Are they quite entitled to do so? Seems like they are shot down instantly no matter what the context

Yes, people are entitled to say what they think.

Of course if they just spout without any balance, context, nuance etc then they shouldn't be surprised if they get pulled up by the more rational members of FT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Teams will drop points. It sounds obvious but people speak as if other teams around us are gonna win every game while we draw. People always react like that on here but thankfully league systems don't work like that.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think people's main complaint about the dropped points is that we've barely been close to getting anything out of the defeats. 

I'd argue against that with Villa and Fulham. It took a bloody good strike from Barkley to lose a game neither team looked like winning. Fulham we should've been 1 up prior to them scoring 2.  But fully agree with West Ham and Liverpool. 

Everton I'm still unsure on. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd argue against that with Villa and Fulham. It took a bloody good strike from Barkley to lose a game neither team looked like winning. Fulham we should've been 1 up prior to them scoring 2.  But fully agree with West Ham and Liverpool. 

Everton I'm still unsure on. 

Aston Villa possibly. Fulham I thought we were terrible from about 20 minutes onwards and 2-1 flattered us, we were that bad.

Did we look like coming back against Everton? Not really. I think the last defeat we can say we were unlucky in was Man City at home last season.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yes, people are entitled to say what they think.

Of course if they just spout without any balance, context, nuance etc then they shouldn't be surprised if they get pulled up by the more rational members of FT.

Seen plenty offer their opinion in a balanced way but if it doesn't fit the narrative of the 'rational members of FT' then it's dismissed as doom mongering

https://global247news.com/2020/12/31/kyle-walkers-christmas-party-in-london-causes-premier-league-covid-infections/amp/

Football fans across the world are furious at reports that Manchester City’s star defender has brought about the spreading of Coronavirus throughout the Premier League.

It’s being reported that Walker held a Christmas party in London despite the region being in Tier 4.

Attended by several star premiership players the party has caused many New Year matches to be canceled as well as causing at least 11 infections through the Manchester City squad.

Premier League fans have been left very disappointed at the cancellations as the majority in the UK are now advised to say at home due to lockdown regulations.

To say they are least pleased with Kyle Walker is an understatement with many calling for a full FA and Premier league investigation into the reports.

The news was broken from Spain by football correspondent Adam Brown who presents warts and all football show known as ‘ football with brownie’

Brown himself calling for the star to be dropped from international football if an investigation rules the behavior of Walker proves to be founded.

It’s understood that England’s football authorities are set to investigate in the New Year, whilst Manchester City themselves are attempting to keep a lid on matters, although Everton’s board of directors have also lodged a complaint.

Alan Shearer explains Jamie Vardy decision as he names two Leicester City stars in 2020 team
The Newcastle legend debated with Peter Crouch over the merits of Jamie Vardy as they selected their Premier League line-ups for the calendar year

Shearer's team of 2020: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Evans, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, De Bruyne, Fernandes; Salah, Kane, Vardy.

Crouch's team of 2020: Martinez; James, Silva, Van Dijk, Robertson; De Bruyne, Fernandes, Grealish; Salah, Kane, Son.

McManaman's team of 2020: Ederson; Alexander-Arnold, Fernandinho, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, De Bruyne, Salah, Kane, Mane.