Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Leeds are an absolute mess at the back, they appear to get worse every time I watch them, no organisation and stupid challenges fly in. 

Unfortunately you cant be class going forwards and in defence when you're in this league with a relatively poor squad 

Give me a team that commits to attack rather than organised defending any time

Difference between the 2 sides there.

Leeds approach play has been good albeit patient sometimes. No threatening end product. Bamford had a very similar cross to finish but fluffed it.

Spurs on the other hand don't/haven't create much, they then create one big chance and it's finished by Son. He made it look very easy.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Mick Mccarthy, Chris Houghton lol

Bielsa has done playing fast attacking progressive football. I accept Bielsa has many flaws, hence he would never last at a big club but his coaching methods are far superior to the managers you've mentioned. 

FTR, losing 6-2 at Old Trafford should not be praised. It was cringe watching Leeds getting praised for getting battered by their rivals. 

Would you rather Bielsa manage us or some of those 4-4-2 merchants like Bruce and Dyche? Since according to you they've done exactly the same job as Bielsa (get teams promoted). 

It’s funny you laugh at Houghton and McCarthy but both have better CVs than Bielsa. 
His football is attacking, but it’s hardly progressive and it’s certainly not good management in the Premier League.

The three you give a choice of, I would cry if we appointed any of those as manager, but if I had to pick one I take Dyche every day of the week.

1 hour ago, Phube said:

I can see Spurs getting 3/4 today and winning comfortably. Look at all the bad results Leeds have had all to good contain and counter sides:

Wolves, Us, Palace, Wham and ManU.

If there’s one thing Spurs are good at this season it’s the counter, and with Leeds’ inability to defend. Spurs’ll run riot.

Going well so far!! :whistle:

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Love him or hate him, Kane is a special player. That's some pass! 

Great player. Had a look up before delivering a great cross.

Don’t get the hate for Kane. Great English striker and never in the news for anything negative.

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

How good are Leeds though

If Burnley or Newcastle went to Spurs away they would play 442 and park the bus, despite being in the PL for a good 5 years. Thats why I respect Leeds even though they are prone to shipping in goals. They will finish mid table comfortably.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Just to give a bit of balance,

A friend of mind's lad was at LCFC 's academy for some time and one of the things they were taught was how to go down in the penalty area. 

Probably this at every club. 

Video technology needs to be used for blatant cheating and play acting. 

A gentle brush of the face foes not justify rolling around the way many do. 

A touch of the face should not draw blood, yet many players look for it on their hands several times after an incident. 

PFA my arse, they'll stitch each other up at every opportunity. 

Until something is done about it, it'll get worse and you just know the biggest clubs will get the big decisions. 

Thats not a suprise. I know its at grass roots level on the continent. When I was playing in Germany they told me how to go down to win a foul is one of the first things they get taught when they sign up for a local team. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s funny you laugh at Houghton and McCarthy but both have better CVs than Bielsa. 
His football is attacking, but it’s hardly progressive and it’s certainly not good management in the Premier League.

The three you give a choice of, I would cry if we appointed any of those as manager, but if I had to pick one I take Dyche every day of the week.

Bielsa will finish above Dyche this season, and Dyche has been in the Premier League for a good 5 years. And Bielsa will do it by not playing boring anti football.

• Like 1

Leeds are an entertaining watch but my word, you'd think they are the first promoted team to ever attack the opposition. 

"Look at this Glenn, they had men in the box!" "I know Fletch, incredible really".

• Like 3

The jealousy of some of you lol

Leeds play good football. Deal with it.

They remind me a bit of us in our first season, but with better football. Playing well but too naïve to get the result.

They could be really, really good. Just need to be a bit more solid.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

Mick Mccarthy, Chris Houghton lol

Bielsa has done playing fast attacking progressive football. I accept Bielsa has many flaws, hence he would never last at a big club but his coaching methods are far superior to the managers you've mentioned. 

FTR, losing 6-2 at Old Trafford should not be praised. It was cringe watching Leeds getting praised for getting battered by their rivals. 

Would you rather Bielsa manage us or some of those 4-4-2 merchants like Bruce and Dyche? Since according to you they've done exactly the same job as Bielsa (get teams promoted). 

Bit disrespectful to Dyche. I like your posts but you always bring him up.

Burnley were one of the favourites for relegation to League 1 when he took over, plus they then lost Austin in the same summer.

Somehow promoted, ok then relegated, but won the Championship and since has kept Burnley up including getting them into Europe.

I remember someone on here trying to tell me Wilder is a better manager because of how well Sheff Utd did last season... that was one season... where as Dyche has been consistent with his overachieving with Burnley.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

The jealousy of some of you lol

Leeds play good football. Deal with it.

They remind me a bit of us in our first season, but with better football. Playing well but too naïve to get the result.

They could be really, really good. Just need to be a bit more solid.

Jealousy? Please explain...... 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Bielsa will finish above Dyche this season, and Dyche has been in the Premier League for a good 5 years. And Bielsa will do it by not playing boring anti football.

I’ll have a £20 FoxesTalk donation bet with you that Dyche’s Burnley finish above Leeds come the end of the season.

• Like 3