Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest bennytwohats
7 minutes ago, twister said:

22 fouls by united today and only 4 bookings

31 pens in 53 games

whats the point of even competing with that we all know whats going in and how this narrative ends

You know we have almost twice as many penalties in the league as anyone else right?

5 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

You know we have almost twice as many penalties in the league as anyone else right?

earnt fairley

Not through throwing yourself to the ground and getting a pen every week

would ieicester get away with 22 fouls without a red

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, twister said:

31 pens in 53 games

whats the point of even competing with that we all know whats going in and how this narrative ends

It was not a penalty today.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I genuinely don't understand the media loving for Bielsa. Him being nominated for world coach of the year was an absolute joke and made a mockery of the award. And then headlines like this from the media. Yes they've scored 30 goals but they've also conceded 30, more than any team other than WBA. Any manager could send their team out and play all out attack. Yes its entertaining but I'm pretty sure the leeds fans didnt enjoy getting humped 6-2 by Man U. The media make him out to be some tactical genius. A tactical genius wouldnt have conceded 30 goals in 16 games. Hes just a strange old man that sits on a bucket drinking bovril then shouts at his interpreter after every match  

Screenshot_20210101-225446_Facebook.jpg

I totally agree with you. On Talkshite they were saying, “well if Pep goes surely City will go for Bielsa”. City wouldn’t let him within a thousand miles of the club. Ridiculous.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Why didn't the VAR offical tell the ref (oliver) to go to the pitch side monitor to look at the incident again because looking it again it is obvious Progba tripped over himself. The ref couldn't wait to give ManUtd a penalty. And most betting sites had Bruno Fernandes to score a penalty nefore the game as a popular bet.

we all know why they didnt

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Ollie watkins for me is insanely overrated, cant believe some people actually want him to take over from vardy. 

He’s the darling of the football media atm. Wait till he doesn’t score for another 6 games and they’ll be slagging him off.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Wortho said:

He’s the darling of the football media atm. Wait till he doesn’t score for another 6 games and they’ll be slagging him off.

absolute joke how much they suck em off

oh he does so much other than scoring

so did Heskey but u were happy to talk shit about him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twister said:

31 pens in 53 games

It's also the fouls and underhand behaviour that go unpunished. Pogba pictured showing Shaw what he should have done in the penalty area. Their blatant cheating and self-entitlement know no bounds, and referees enable it.

20210101_235128.jpg

20210101_235536.jpg

• Sad 1

As awkward and uncomfortable as it was found myself rooting for Villa in that 2nd half. Atleast they put up a fight and game was ruined by that pogba epic collapse. I really do dislike manure now more than ever before. They think they've already won the league lol. Next time we play the I hope we give them a hammering.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Why didn't the VAR offical tell the ref (oliver) to go to the pitch side monitor to look at the incident again because looking at it again it is obvious Progba tripped over himself. The ref couldn't wait to give ManUtd a penalty. And most betting sites had Bruno Fernandes to score a penalty before the game as a popular bet.

Pogba trips over himself because Luiz gets too close and impedes Pogba. It's a penalty, albeit a very very soft one. 

The betting thing means nothing. They've probably had that bet several times before a lot of games. That's just a happy coincidence. Also, it doesn't make sense to bring that up because surely if they want to make money they wouldn't want Fernandes scoring a penalty?? That means they have to pay out :dunno:lol

• Like 2

The Leeds love in will stop after this season.

Like it was with Sheff Utd last season punching above their weight and playing without fear......once the first season novelty wears off they will get hit back to reality and the fans won’t take the drubbings.

Bournemouth were similar when they came up, could score but conceded for fun, and in the end once the goals dry up it eventually ended in relegation.

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I genuinely don't understand the media loving for Bielsa. Him being nominated for world coach of the year was an absolute joke and made a mockery of the award. And then headlines like this from the media. Yes they've scored 30 goals but they've also conceded 30, more than any team other than WBA. Any manager could send their team out and play all out attack. Yes its entertaining but I'm pretty sure the leeds fans didnt enjoy getting humped 6-2 by Man U. The media make him out to be some tactical genius. A tactical genius wouldnt have conceded 30 goals in 16 games. Hes just a strange old man that sits on a bucket drinking bovril then shouts at his interpreter after every match  

Screenshot_20210101-225446_Facebook.jpg

His Chile side were immense though. 3-3-1-3, pressing like madmen, all for one and one for all, and that influenced many of today's coaches. Kind of the modern Godfather of the press

Obviously pressing has been around for ages, but people like Klopp, Pochettino and Simeone are all pushing a style that draws on near total commitment to it. Apart from maybe this season, where pressing is down, presumably because of the covid disruption.

Anyway, pure pressing is fashionable so Bielsa is given more kudos than if he had a different style.

That's my take on it anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Ollie watkins for me is insanely overrated, cant believe some people actually want him to take over from vardy. 

I don't think he is over rated at all. He continually makes intelligent runs and has a great first touch. He passes very well & is good in the air. At 25 he has a great future. I would take him every day of the week.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arkie Bennett said:

It's also the fouls and underhand behaviour that go unpunished. Pogba pictured showing Shaw what he should have done in the penalty area. Their blatant cheating and self-entitlement know no bounds, and referees enable it.

20210101_235128.jpg

20210101_235536.jpg

it's like watching a wrestling match when they play, at somepoint you know one of there players is going to a take a dive and ref will blow no matter what

pure entertainment... alot of there penos are soft as shit, cheating cvnts

8 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Water is wet, the sky is blue, ManU get a penalty... my niggle is how Bruno takes pens should be banned. In fact none of this BS players currently do when taking a pen. No weird half jog in the middle of the run up, no trying to out-psych the goalie... just run up and kick the ball, one smooth motion, it's not complicated. Goalkeepers have to stay on the goal line the FA should at least balance the rules. 

Can we also ban how Nacho takes pens

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going down is now a normal, mainstream tactic that probably gets worked on in every clubs training routine (okay lads today we'll practise drawing contact and overreacting to get a foul / penalty). In a way you get it because there's so much money in football so you'll exploit any avenue to win, but it's by far one of the worst effects that's being had on football in terms of viewer enjoyment, and pundits are 90% of the time complicit, and rarely call out obvious dives if there's as much as a brush on the shorts from the defender. I understand there will always be cheating in sports but the only way I can see to beat this is if ref's go very hard-line on keeping a game flowing. In Europa with the female ref (Stephanie Frappart) the game if I remember correctly was free flowing and there was little dissent from the players, who stopped going down / moaning when they realised she was having none of it. The more refs pander to every little foul the more they get walked all over (true in any aspect of life). There should also be more discipline as default for arguing with the officials, I think it was Grealish yesterday coming across as an arrogant little chav when moaning at the linesman for a decision, which could be heard on the TV.

VAR has brought all this to a boiling point now as everyone can see it's being used completely subjectively and it feels like the quality of refereeing is so poor that they aren't on the same page regarding rules. I've heard People say they are getting sick with football, and I never understood it, but if the way decisions and VAR are dealt with continues to get worse I can see a time when many of us become completely disillusioned by it.

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
  • Like 2