Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Posted before that while Everton, Southampton and Man Utd have been the jammiest sides this season so far based on expected goals, Man U are the least likely to fall away because:

1. The refereeing/VAR decisions that go in their favour. It's beyond a pattern now, they've benefitted more than another side since its introduction

2. They have the most in-form attacking player in the Premier League in Bruno Fernandes, however much of an annoying sh*t he is (to be fair, any side would benefit from someone with such drive and that will rub off on the other Man Utd players)

3. Their squad depth is arguably the best in the league, especially in midfield and attack

However, despite their attacking depth, they are very reliant on Fernandes - if he gets injured for some time, their season might well unravel. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

Good game and a much better watch than the WH/Everton game. A draw would have been fair on Villa but ManU get their complimentary cheap goal. I've no idea what the ref' was doing for the pen. The standard of refereeing in the Prem' is a joke imo (best league in the world lol). And nothing will get done about it.  

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I quite like united being in a title race.

Theyll inevitably blow up at some point and Liverpool having some sort of competition is a good thing.

That point we got against united is a very good one.

If they’re in with a sniff their diving will go into overdrive and the refs and VAR will lap it up.

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Cracking interview with wan Bissaka this. Wish he'd calm down with these long insightful answers lol

Haha that's definitely his media training. "You're not interesting and prone to saying dumb things, keep your replies to 1 simple sentence"

An interviewers dream hahah

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Haha that's definitely his media training. "You're not interesting and prone to saying dumb things, keep your replies to 1 simple sentence"

An interviewers dream hahah

Tbf it was better towards the end but the first half was just yea and no's lol

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Solskjaer is doing a decent job there but at the same time i don't think United being second is any great achievement; they have a massive squad, huge wage bill and virtually no injuries. They are where they should be really.

• Like 2

I’d be disgusted with AWB if he was one of our players there. 

Spend the whole interview chewing gum so that A) you can’t hear and B) you don’t want to talk. 

Avoid the question that rightly criticised his error. 

Seems like a horrible little shit 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

Why is everyone a Villa fan tonight?  This is the best possible result for us, keeps Villa behind us and Villa have almost Tottenham levels of loathsomeness.  I'd take United over VIlla any day.

Agree totally. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mucfox said:

Gratulation ManPenUnited...

...last season 22 penalties - this season 11 pens

no club in whole Europe has been awarded more penalties in that time...

this smells like xxxxxxxx

Apart from us probably ?  We are on certainly course to break their record from last season .....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I’d be disgusted with AWB if he was one of our players there. 

Spend the whole interview chewing gum so that A) you can’t hear and B) you don’t want to talk. 

Avoid the question that rightly criticised his error. 

Seems like a horrible little shit 

Really?

Just seemed very nervous and uncomfortable to me. :dunno:

19 minutes ago, murphy said:

Why is everyone a Villa fan tonight?  This is the best possible result for us, keeps Villa behind us and Villa have almost Tottenham levels of loathsomeness.  I'd take United over VIlla any day.

Wanted a draw. But Villa (Along with Chelsea, Spurs and Everton) are more likely competing with us for fourth. I'm happy they dropped three points. But to be fair Villa are a good side and deserved a share of the points.

Watching Villa, cant help wondering if that's how Brendan intended us to play when he first signed Perez. 

Very impressed with the turnaround, always felt they had some good players. Project Restart really played in to their hands with the break and have never looked back. They appear to be a more sensible version of Leeds!