Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not bothered by their historic love in at all. Leeds provide a very different take on being a promoted team, and long may it continue.

If every team who came up played like Burnley wannabes then it would be same shyte all the time.

Viva la difference

Bournemouth were good to watch, I’d argue better football than Leeds, but people on here liked to criticise Howe because “they couldn’t defend”.

Probably because he is English.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

So? There’s no right or wrong way to play football. I’m fed up with this “got to play good football” attitude. The aim of the sport is to win a game.

Sometimes I wish we were more direct instead of pissing about with it going nowhere.

Couldn't agree more. Its a fine balance between boring of both ways. But winning comes first. We weren't exactly the short passing possession based side every one creams over when we won the league. Infact it was mocked on here. 

• Like 1

I've got no problem with Leeds or the way they play, it's the weird mystique around Bielsa that I find annoying. He's a good manager, nothing more, nothing less imho. He's not the guru we're told he is before every single Leeds game. If he was one of the world's best he'd have more than just one way of playing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Bournemouth were good to watch, I’d argue better football than Leeds, but people on here liked to criticise Howe because “they couldn’t defend”.

I liked Howe aa well. I always tuned into Bournemouth games because they were good value. They were a good addition to this league.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It’s a good point, Bournemouth were good and a refreshing addition to the league. I am not for one minute suggesting more teams should play that way, only that defensive isn’t the only way.

28 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s funny you laugh at Houghton and McCarthy but both have better CVs than Bielsa. 
His football is attacking, but it’s hardly progressive and it’s certainly not good management in the Premier League.

The three you give a choice of, I would cry if we appointed any of those as manager, but if I had to pick one I take Dyche every day of the week.

You kidding us right? 

When did Hughton or McCarthy get a team to the Europa Lwague final with a provincial team, or win a league title? 

Or set about a pattern of tactics which mean the bloke is worshipped in Marseille, Bilbao, Chile? 

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The Leeds goalkeeper is absolutely horrendous isn't he. Fumbled the ball out for a corner then does that.

Think he's been very good this season. Unlike many of today's top keepers he actually has a good reflex save in him.

Bad day for him today.

Hoddle constantly up Kane's arse lol 

Saying Son 'used Kane's run' when he passed to Bergwijn. he didn't 'use' it. Bergwijn was just in a much better position considering he wasn't marked by 3 players like Kane was lol 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s a good point, Bournemouth were good and a refreshing addition to the league. I am not for one minute suggesting more teams should play that way, only that defensive isn’t the only way.

I wasn’t aiming at you btw as I do prefer sides that play good football but personally I don’t see it as some sort of requirement  and it seems some posters that slated Howe back Bielsa when they both play the same way.

• Like 1

I have no problems with Leeds or Bielsa really. Will they go down? No. Will they make Europe? Highly unlikely therefore why not have some fun along the way. They’ll get smacked by decent sides but also batter plenty of sides themselves 

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

So? There’s no right or wrong way to play football. I’m fed up with this “got to play good football” attitude. The aim of the sport is to win a game.

Sometimes I wish we were more direct instead of pissing about with it going nowhere.

Let's be honest, is the patient possession approach really that good to watch anyway? I personally find nothing more boring than a team just passing the ball in front of the opposition with no purpose or penetration. Football purists will say that we played 'better' football under Puel then when won the league but I know which team I'd rather watch. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I admire the way Leeds play and they are fun to watch and undoubtedly Bielsa is a good manager but the level of praise he gets is clearly OTT and it is a bit galling listening to their games. They are 3-0 down and Talkspot talking like Leeds are on top and flying. “Leeds only just getting started and could still win this”. It’s like they are desperate to believe their own hype. Then again it probably serves me right for listening to the abomination that is Talksport. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Let's be honest, is the patient possession approach really that good to watch anyway? I personally find nothing more boring than a team just passing the ball in front of the opposition with no purpose or penetration. Football purists will say that we played 'better' football under Puel then when won the league but I know which team I'd rather watch. 

Exactly. Some sides seem to just keep the ball with no idea. I can’t stand watching sides that just pass pass pass going nowhere.

Likewise I don’t like watching sides who are all long ball. I know I won’t watch Palace v Sheff Utd later for that reason, I expect it to be boring.

However, like I said earlier, I don’t look down upon sides for however they play. Clubs have different budgets and players and ultimately the aim is to get 3 points.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

By the way, I don't tar this Leeds team with that brush. They don't just knock it around for the sake of it, they show a lot of purpose in their play and I really enjoy watching them.