Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

26 minutes ago, Koke said:

I liked Howe aa well. I always tuned into Bournemouth games because they were good value. They were a good addition to this league.

I'm both old and old fashioned. I'm also a fan of a rich game which has few good guys . Ediie Howe IMO had ethics and club loyalty and always seemed one of the good guys and a good manager at a tiny club. LCFC also seem to me one of the better run clubs with more of the good guys than most and I for one hope that does n't change with our increasing success.I'll always support them but prefer it when one can also admire them, and also most neutrals feel the same. The wonder year and the dignity of the club after the chairmans loss (and he himself ) helped a lot of course. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I admire the way Leeds play and they are fun to watch and undoubtedly Bielsa is a good manager but the level of praise he gets is clearly OTT and it is a bit galling listening to their games. They are 3-0 down and Talkspot talking like Leeds are on top and flying. “Leeds only just getting started and could still win this”. It’s like they are desperate to believe their own hype. Then again it probably serves me right for listening to the abomination that is Talksport. X 

The BT commentary was just the same. It's very odd that a team can be 3 or even 4 down and still get loads of praise from commentators like Leeds seem to do.

• Like 2

Leeds are a better version of Wigan under Martinez. Play the same way each match, likely to thump teams and also get a few hidings along the way. Good for the neutral and probably ideal opponents for plenty of teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

The jealousy of some of you lol

Leeds play good football. Deal with it.

They remind me a bit of us in our first season, but with better football. Playing well but too naïve to get the result.

They could be really, really good. Just need to be a bit more solid.

Good football is winning football. 

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Expected them to struggle more this season compared to last, but did anyone envisage Sheff Utd being *this* bad? It can't all be down to Henderson going back (even if Ramsdale does have Lurpak hands) and the odd injury.

Exactly the same thoughts. They've lost all resilience and that ability they had to grind a result out. 

• Like 1