Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

29 minutes ago, Koke said:

Durham is correct on this re: Leeds and Bielsa. Forget the hype, just look at the facts. Leeds were hopeless misfits before Bielsa, and now many of those players look sensational. Its all down to proper coaching and management. Bielsa has shown up many managers and made them look totally incompetent. Yes, Bielsa has flaws. His defensive set up is often shambolic and he runs his players to the ground by February, but he is working with bottom half Championship players. Leeds didn't sign Neves & Boly type of players to get them promoted. 

A lot of boring pragmatic managers could learn things from Bielsa

When did Adrian Durham start dressing like the plates in Wetherspoons

• Haha 2

Just now, Paddy. said:

The LUTV takeover of BT Sport today is getting a bit tiresome already.

I cannot believe he just said to Jenas/Ferdinand "would you rather play for a manager that wins trophies, but dull football, or play for a manager playing scintillating football but no trophies?" lol

Thankfully Jenas said it's about winning trophies.

Even with Mourinho's defensive football he much a better manager than Bielsa is, and has a collection of domestic and European trophies to prove it. The direspect Mourinho gets is mental given what he's won, but the over the top adminiration of Bielsa is strange too and I'm glad Brandan went off on one when we beat them.

• Like 2

The fact is, their actions are putting the season in jeopardy. There is no alternative- they can't work from home, work remotely etc, if they are unable to play matches get cancelled.

It's not necessarily them being held to a higher account (though the profile does dictate it) but the practicalities of their actions and the outcome. Of course, you could get this virus from other household members going to work, school, college but willfully meeting up and mixing just increases the risk.

Incredible.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I cannot believe he just said to Jenas/Ferdinand "would you rather play for a manager that wins trophies, but dull football, or play for a manager playing scintillating football but no trophies?" lol

Thankfully Jenas said it's about winning trophies.

Even with Mourinho's defensive football he much a better manager than Bielsa is, and has a collection of domestic and European trophies to prove it. The direspect Mourinho gets is mental given what he's won, but the over the top adminiration of Bielsa is strange too and I'm glad Brandan went off on one when we beat them.

Also, weird that no-one ever seems to remember that Bielsa's teams routinely fade away in the latter part of the season as they can't sustain that mad intensity for a whole season. He's obviously a very good coach but the hero worship is a bit sickly to say the least.

• Like 1

Now if there is any danger of a spurs or West Ham game getting called off because of covid they should be made to put out any team they can even if it’s the under 18s sane for any team found breaking  the rules

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Durham is correct on this re: Leeds and Bielsa. Forget the hype, just look at the facts. Leeds were hopeless misfits before Bielsa, and now many of those players look sensational. Its all down to proper coaching and management. Bielsa has shown up many managers and made them look totally incompetent. Yes, Bielsa has flaws. His defensive set up is often shambolic and he runs his players to the ground by February, but he is working with bottom half Championship players. Leeds didn't sign Neves & Boly type of players to get them promoted. 

A lot of boring pragmatic managers could learn things from Bielsa

Who are these managers Bielsa has totally shown up and made to look incompetent? 
What is it he has actually done other than taking a big club to the Premier League?

Has he done anything that Nigel Pearson, Mick McCarthy, Chris Houghton or Tony Mowbray haven’t done?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If any of our players have done this I don't wanna see anybody defending them. The idiocy and arrogance of these players is disgraceful 

The FA seriously need to make an example of them to prevent any further breaches in the future. The government are making special compensation on the basis that they stick to the rules. If they can’t stick to the rules then football has to stop and they can go on furlough pay like the rest of the country. 

31 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If any of our players have done this I don't wanna see anybody defending them. The idiocy and arrogance of these players is disgraceful 

Fofana had about 10 people around his house on his birthday lol unless it was an old picture then I apologise. Granted, it wasn't tier 4 then but was still against the rules.