Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

They remind me a bit of us in our first season, but with better football. Playing well but too naïve to get the result.

They could be really, really good. Just need to be a bit more solid.

It would be interesting to see how they'd play with a decent striker and better players, it's mostly the team that took a few years to get out of the Championship. Must be a reason Bielsa hasn't lasted long at his previous clubs though where he had those better players.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Jealousy? Please explain...... 

It's as though some can't stand that media attention is with a team outside of the big 6 that isn't us.

Edited by Nod.E

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It's as though some can't stand that media attention is with a team outside of the big 6 that isn't us.

Not for me, I could imagine other fans think we get plenty of over the top attention.

But there does seem to be a pattern every game with Leeds where they get plenty of praise and not much about the failings (how many times have they given the ball away in dangerous areas?)

On the brief viewing, the main contact for the penalty appeared to be outside the box.

• Like 1

Thing is with Leeds is any manager if they wanted to could ask their team to go full out attack, most players are quick enough to play give and goes which would lead to many more options in your opponents half. For me it’s too open and you’re asking for trouble at the back which is certainly the case for to them conceding 2nd most in the league.

At the min they’re managing to get results against teams around them but if they learn to sit in and counter also then Leeds could all of a sudden find it difficult to come across points.

They are fun to watch but I would be hating it if we played like that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Bit disrespectful to Dyche. I like your posts but you always bring him up.

Burnley were one of the favourites for relegation to League 1 when he took over, plus they then lost Austin in the same summer.

Somehow promoted, ok then relegated, but won the Championship and since has kept Burnley up including getting them into Europe.

I remember someone on here trying to tell me Wilder is a better manager because of how well Sheff Utd did last season... that was one season... where as Dyche has been consistent with his overachieving with Burnley.

The reason I hate on Dyche is because he's been in the PL for years but still claims poverty. His football is dire and his players don't develop into anything but basic 442 players. I like him in terms of organisation and pragmatism, and I think he is better than all British managers bar Rodgers and Lampard. But he should be doing better after receiving hundreds of millions pounds in PL money. 

And he's a whiny cvnt. 

Edited by Koke

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Bit disrespectful to Dyche. I like your posts but you always bring him up.

Burnley were one of the favourites for relegation to League 1 when he took over, plus they then lost Austin in the same summer.

Somehow promoted, ok then relegated, but won the Championship and since has kept Burnley up including getting them into Europe.

I remember someone on here trying to tell me Wilder is a better manager because of how well Sheff Utd did last season... that was one season... where as Dyche has been consistent with his overachieving with Burnley.

Dyche does it by parking a train and hoofing it upwards to pro wrestlers. 

• Like 1

Just now, jmono84 said:

Thing is with Leeds is any manager if they wanted to could ask their team to go full out attack, most players are quick enough to play give and goes which would lead to many more options in your opponents half. For me it’s too open and you’re asking for trouble at the back which is certainly the case for to them conceding 2nd most in the league.

At the min they’re managing to get results against teams around them but if they learn to sit in and counter also then Leeds could all of a sudden find it difficult to come across points.

They are fun to watch but I would be hating it if we played like that.

I just don't see it being sustainable in the long run. How are you going to progress as a club if you're constantly letting in tonnes of goals? OK you can improve the personel at the back but ultimately it's the system leaving them exposed. 

It might be enough to keep them up but you're practically flipping a coin each game as to whether it's going to work. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

People question where we might be without Vardy.

But where the fvck would Spurs be without Kane and Son, even if just for this season?!

Doubt they'd win any trophies :ph34r:

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

Leeds get away with playing like this for a season, maybe to then they'll want to be challenging higher up and that ain't possible unless he is able to upgrade his players to a certain level.

The love in is ridiculous, Bielsa will probably win manager of the year probably for finished 12th or something stupid. But as a neutral I enjoy watching their games.

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’ll have a £20 FoxesTalk donation bet with you that Dyche’s Burnley finish above Leeds come the end of the season.

I'm in. 

It'll be interesting because I have Leeds finishing 10th-12th. Burnley will finish around there too, or maybe lower around 15th. 

• Thanks 1

I like watching Leeds, but that’s not totally a good thing.

For all the praise though, if you had to pick one Prem opponent for Leicester to play against to get three points, Leeds would be right up there as the opponent I’d choose. You’re guaranteed a bucket load of chances. I’d maybe even choose to play them ahead of Sheffield United.

Not bothered by their historic love in at all. Leeds provide a very different take on being a promoted team, and long may it continue.

If every team who came up played like Burnley wannabes then it would be same shyte all the time.

Viva la difference

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The jealousy of some of you lol

Leeds play good football. Deal with it.

They remind me a bit of us in our first season, but with better football. Playing well but too naïve to get the result.

They could be really, really good. Just need to be a bit more solid.

Agree..This forum is becoming boring....debasing,demeaning all our PL opponents..

Ffs..its Not worth winning any games or competitions, everybody is shit or crap,lucky!!!

Last season & beginning of the season...foxes fans underestimating...Ole,Lampard, or A.Villa,Everton,Spurs,is bordering on Football Knowledge incompetence &

immature cynicism just for the sake of it....kills any banter or decent debate...!!