Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Hard season to predict, still think there will be some real surprise!

Make predictions with 6 weeks of a transfer window still open is a little silly......

it will be one of the most predictable seasons in years in terms of the make up of the top 5, where they finish in what order is another thing.

spurs and wolves will fight it out quite a bit behind for europa league slots  with everton i think.

the lads will finish around mid table.

4 minutes ago, twister said:

it will be one of the most predictable seasons in years in terms of the make up of the top 5, where they finish in what order is another thing.

spurs and wolves will fight it out quite a bit behind for europa league slots  with everton i think.

the lads will finish around mid table.

Not convinced, short turnaround, limited per season. Lots of clubs and players having extended seasons, resulting in injuries, fatigue etc.

I think it's going to be strange one, unpredictable one for me, suppose time will tell! :thumbup:

I wonder if mourinho will implode at spurs. He's famously always spent money, and spurs signings look bargain basement at best. 

Add into that he tends to get worse the longer he's in jobs and it does make you wonder. They will still be far too reliant on kane

2 hours ago, MattFox said:

Owner has pumped £350 million in over the last 4 years

How FFP hasn't buried them I've no idea. Even the relaxing of it recently, they were blasting it way before and ought to be picked up on it. Atrocious transfer dealings by and large as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twister said:

ajax selling van beek is the last flicker of light on ajax winning another champions league

this was a bit of a golden generation their first good one capable of winning big ears in 25 years,  and they have all gone within a year, expected of course driven by finances.

But its sad to think a club as great as ajax will never win the big one again.

modern football eh.

Never say never buddy, little old Leicester we’re in the quarterfinals not so long back, Atlanta last year, it’s football anything can happen

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

£120m more than us, they have a rich owner that invests his own money and have high revenues anyway so the expenditure itself isn’t that scandalous. The money they’ve spent on the likes of Tosun, Bolasie, Vlahovic and even Sigurdsson is though 

They don't actually pull in that much more than us per year in a normal season and given we have won the league and then got to the CL QF the following season, not to mention our net spend is much lower than theirs it does seem on the face of it that they are taking some big risks and surprised they haven't been pulled up on it. 

Rich owners cannot simply pump more dough in to transfers and wages, only infrastructure and the academy. Maybe the could get creative with sponsorship but as of yet their revenue is not much more than ours.

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Net spend of about £150m last 3 seasons 

£180m for the last 3 years and over £230m in the last 5 years, in the top 5 biggest in the league I think.

• Like 1

I'd be happy with top 10 and knockouts in EL. I've said before that if we were to be a team that does an on-off in Europe over alternate seasons, then I think that's pretty damn successful. 

I've been lucky, in my lifetime, to have seen cup wins and the big one. But we can't lose perspective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I reckon we'll finish a bit higher and wolves and Leeds a lot lower but apart from that it seems about right. 

I wouldn't bet against Wolves they have a wily Manager who knows his way around the game. I think they will be close to us either way. somewhere between  5th and 9th

I just hope we get off to a good start given the fixtures but then I'm worried about the injuries.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They don't actually pull in that much more than us per year in a normal season and given we have won the league and then got to the CL QF the following season, not to mention our net spend is much lower than theirs it does seem on the face of it that they are taking some big risks and surprised they haven't been pulled up on it. 

Rich owners cannot simply pump more dough in to transfers and wages, only infrastructure and the academy. Maybe the could get creative with sponsorship but as of yet their revenue is not much more than ours.

£180m for the last 3 years and over £230m in the last 5 years, in the top 5 biggest in the league I think.

Pretty sure Usmanov is very creative with the sponsorship for them unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How FFP hasn't buried them I've no idea. Even the relaxing of it recently, they were blasting it way before and ought to be picked up on it. Atrocious transfer dealings by and large as well.

£120 + million for selling Lukaku and Stones plus some sponsorship deals with Usmsnov has kept them above water.

They are an absolute shambles though and don’t think anyone would be surprised if they did a Leeds at some point.

17 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I'd be happy with top 10 and knockouts in EL. I've said before that if we were to be a team that does an on-off in Europe over alternate seasons, then I think that's pretty damn successful.

Our fans said that 12 months ago, yet they still shat themselves silly when we didn't finish 6th.

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I wouldn't bet against Wolves they have a wily Manager who knows his way around the game. I think they will be close to us either way. somewhere between  5th and 9th

I just hope we get off to a good start given the fixtures but then I'm worried about the injuries.

With wolves I just don't think they are that good tbh. They have a system that is very anti football which has taken them this far but I honestly think they will be found out massively next season. They are my outside bet for relegation.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Owners can invest £40m of their own money over a (not sure if it's rolling) 3 year period. Couldn't find the most recent comparison but for the 17/18 season their income was £30m higher than ours or 18.8% which is obviously significant 

• Like 1

These are Everton's bottom line numbers.  Sponsorship is already baked in, so it's clearly not plugging the gaps.

EFClosses.thumb.jpg.f47d005d6585bad11969f667dcca8414.jpg

Maybe someone versed in FFP can explain why they won't now be charged?  Something to do with the decision to roll 19/20 and 20/21 up into a single reporting period due to COVID?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

These are Everton's bottom line numbers.  Sponsorship is already baked in, so it's clearly not plugging the gaps.

EFClosses.thumb.jpg.f47d005d6585bad11969f667dcca8414.jpg

Maybe someone versed in FFP can explain why they won't now be charged?  Something to do with the decision to roll 19/20 and 20/21 up into a single reporting period due to COVID?

It's over a three year period is it not? So they should be in big trouble unless they perform miracle with this years accounting. I've never seen the premier league particularly punish ffp but if they get into European competition Uefa would presumably throw the book at them like they did with Milan or Galatasaray.