Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

36 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Pretty sure Usmanov is very creative with the sponsorship for them unfortunately.

36 minutes ago, MattFox said:

£120 + million for selling Lukaku and Stones plus some sponsorship deals with Usmsnov has kept them above water.

They are an absolute shambles though and don’t think anyone would be surprised if they did a Leeds at some point.

Look at their turnover, he can't be being that creative as its only about £10m more a season than ours which is pretty poor for a very well supported club across the world. They've posted record losses of £112m last year, its unbelievable stuff. They have spent £450m in the last 5 years alone.

I cannot believe they are buying 3 new central midfielders, I really hope this blows up in their face. They don't really have any high value assets to cash in on either bar Richarlison and Digne. Wouldn't pay more than about £20m for any other their other players. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I cannot believe they are buying 3 new central midfielders, I really hope this blows up in their face. They don't really have any high value assets to cash in on either bar Richarlison and Digne. Wouldn't pay more than about £20m for any other their other players. 

Had you seen their midfield before lol 

It's been improved but at what cost...

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely they will need to balance the books somehow. They’ll still flop anyways, even with all these signings. Their youngster Anthony Gordon will be one to watch next year though. Can play LW/ST & very quick/direct. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They are an interesting one. So far their transfers have failed spectacularly but Carlo Ancelotti is no joke! As a player and manager he's had great success and in the Milan team he coached, he got the very best out of players like Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka. Yes they were world class but for example, it was Ancelotti that moved Pirlo back to a 6 instead of a 10 and Kaka was never as good again as he was for Ancelotti.

Overall I am not impressed with Everton's squad but I could see them suprising a lot of people both positively and negatively. I think it will depend on what sort of start they have.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

They are an interesting one. So far their transfers have failed spectacularly but Carlo Ancelotti is no joke! As a player and manager he's had great success and in the Milan team he coached, he got the very best out of players like Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka. Yes they were world class but for example, it was Ancelotti that moved Pirlo back to a 6 instead of a 10 and Kaka was never as good again as he was for Ancelotti.

Overall I am not impressed with Everton's squad but I could see them suprising a lot of people both positively and negatively. I think it will depend on what sort of start they have.

Ancelotti is a world class manager and maybe he is the one to throw money around but this time actually get players in who are decent and can form an effective and successful team, however given the huge losses they have already racked up + COVID losses + £80m on 3 midfielders alone this summer and I'm actually struggling to breathe. They'd need to shift Richarlison for £250m and it still could look dodgy for them. I hope they get done, it will be a mockery if they don't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I rate Calvert-Lewin

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Look at their turnover, he can't be being that creative as its only about £10m more a season than ours which is pretty poor for a very well supported club across the world. They've posted record losses of £112m last year, its unbelievable stuff. They have spent £450m in the last 5 years alone.

They can lose £105 million over a 3 period under PL rules so unless they’ve somehow performed wizardry they should be investigated next year.

They have more debt than anyone bar Spurs and this is before they’ve financed a stadium in the current climate.

If this was our finances I’d be very concerned..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Ancelotti is a world class manager and maybe he is the one to throw money around but this time actually get players in who are decent and can form an effective and successful team, however given the huge losses they have already racked up + COVID losses + £80m on 3 midfielders alone this summer and I'm actually struggling to breathe. They'd need to shift Richarlison for £250m and it still could look dodgy for them. I hope they get done, it will be a mockery if they don't. 

Ha yeah it would be good for them to get done. I doubt they have the same connections Man CIty do - I am convinced their "charge" was arranged with UEFA to make it look like something was being done, even though they all knew it wouldn't stick.

Everton's transfer strategy, like West Ham's is super risky - they have the issue we have with Slimani and Silva. If a highly paid player doesn't work out, you are in big trouble. For Leicester if a Kapustka, a Diabate, a James Justin or even a Filip Benkovic doesn't work out, it's really not a big deal. Even if Soyuncu at 22m was a bust and not an absolute revelation, his wages are low and we could probably move him on for a small loss. If James rocks up and doesn't fancy the weather up north they are going to be in a huge financial hole.

All that said, some of their transfers I am a bit envious of. I can't lie, I was secretly hoping Philip Coutinho would join us on loan as we played in the Champions League this upcoming season. That would have been pure class to see!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Standard media bollocks about Everton we hear every year after they sign a few "big names"..."could Everton break into the top 4" blah blah blah

They'll all flop again just like they always do.

Edited by Adster

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ha yeah it would be good for them to get done. I doubt they have the same connections Man CIty do - I am convinced their "charge" was arranged with UEFA to make it look like something was being done, even though they all knew it wouldn't stick.

Everton's transfer strategy, like West Ham's is super risky - they have the issue we have with Slimani and Silva. If a highly paid player doesn't work out, you are in big trouble. For Leicester if a Kapustka, a Diabate, a James Justin or even a Filip Benkovic doesn't work out, it's really not a big deal. Even if Soyuncu at 22m was a bust and not an absolute revelation, his wages are low and we could probably move him on for a small loss. If James rocks up and doesn't fancy the weather up north they are going to be in a huge financial hole.

All that said, some of their transfers I am a bit envious of. I can't like, I was secretly hoping Philip Coutinho would join us on loan as we played in the Champions League this upcoming season. That would have been pure class to see!

I know what you're saying, James Rodriguez is a superb coup and he ought to do very well but he's surely going to be on £150k + a week. They have some other serious high earners too but they seldom shift too many players on.

I think they'll be as bad if not worse than us for struggling to move unwanted players on. Just look at their squad on Wikipedia, its nuts. West Ham are bad for it but at least they pull in an extra £30-40m than Everton and us in revenue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

Standard media bollocks about Everton we hear every year after they sign a few "big names"..."could Everton break into the top 4" blah blah blah

They'll all flop again just like they always do.

Are the media saying that? From what I see majority of the time on whatever platform they’ve been become a bit of a laughing stock. 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Imagine being a Toffees fan.

Often have high-hopes to have a good season, then finish mediocrely in the league each time.

I've a mate who is and optimistic wouldn't remotely describe them. Expectation is constantly low. 

• Like 1

Considering the state of their ****ing midfield the last few seasons... this is a massive improvement.

Thing is they've still got poor CB's and are relying on a very average striker.

Made a comment a while back... they fix one area of the team each season, wingers last year, midfielders this year, it'll  be defenders next year.

Then they'll be scratching their heads as to why it still isn't working until it clicks..... we've got Dominic Calvert Lewin up front! 

But by that time they'll need to fix their ageing midfield again lol  

The thing is, they do really well and get in Europe and UEFA will hammer them. They don't do that well and don't earn CL money and their losses will be around £250m over 3 seasons and they will take a hammering off the PL for FFP. I don't see how they get away with it.

36 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Considering the state of their ****ing midfield the last few seasons... this is a massive improvement.

Thing is they've still got poor CB's and are relying on a very average striker.

Made a comment a while back... they fix one area of the team each season, wingers last year, midfielders this year, it'll  be defenders next year.

Then they'll be scratching their heads as to why it still isn't working until it clicks..... we've got Dominic Calvert Lewin up front! 

But by that time they'll need to fix their ageing midfield again lol  

DCL got 13 goals in 30 starts last season, not amazing numbers but wouldn’t be surprised at all if he got 15-20 this season 

• Like 1