Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

22 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Everton's tranfer business is staggering.  £450 million in 5 years. If you think we've signed some expensive disasters, it's nothing compared to them

£120m more than us, they have a rich owner that invests his own money and have high revenues anyway so the expenditure itself isn’t that scandalous. The money they’ve spent on the likes of Tosun, Bolasie, Vlahovic and even Sigurdsson is though 

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just looked at the posted record losses of over £110m in 2019, so they are really pushing their luck. Absolute disgrace of a club.

Not knowing, or being able to know, exactly what goes on at your club is so scary.

Merson isn't comedy value for me. Same as Kamara. How is a professional pundit constantly getting a foreign footballer's name wrong funny?

I honestly think Sky would have got (more) absuse for getting rid of Merson because of his public struggles with drugs and gambling.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

£120m more than us, they have a rich owner that invests his own money and have high revenues anyway so the expenditure itself isn’t that scandalous. The money they’ve spent on the likes of Tosun, Bolasie, Vlahovic and even Sigurdsson is though 

Iwobi was the worst IMO

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Everton's tranfer business is staggering.  £450 million in 5 years. If you think we've signed some expensive disasters, it's nothing compared to them

£40m for Alex Iwobi should be investigated for money laundering imo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Matty Cash of Notts Forrest going to Villa for £14m apparently, can't say I've ever heard/noticed him in all honesty and I watch loads of English football.

Got a few friends who are Forest fans (I know), and they really rate him. 

Think Chelsea were after him a while ago. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Matty Cash of Notts Forrest going to Villa for £14m apparently, can't say I've ever heard/noticed him in all honesty and I watch loads of English football.

He's a decent player but it's a fairly big fee for a full back, but again as a PL club wanting to sign youngish players, clubs dig their heels in and often they get an inflated fee.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He is decent tbf. I did think Sheffield United were going for him too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'd like to know that too. We know their owner is very wealthy, but surely they don't have the turnover to be supporting the spending they've been doing over the last few years? They've spent a massive amount on transfer fees, player wages, plus on managers and getting rid of said managers.

They seem to be spending way more than they make. I'm pretty sure they've outspent Liverpool!

Net spend of about £150m last 3 seasons 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a decent player but it's a fairly big fee for a full back, but again as a PL club wanting to sign youngish players, clubs dig their heels in and often they get an inflated fee.

And English, so add a premium on for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Merson isn't comedy value for me. Same as Kamara. How is a professional pundit constantly getting a foreign footballer's name wrong funny?

I honestly think Sky would have got (more) absuse for getting rid of Merson because of his public struggles with drugs and gambling.

Kamara is an act on Saturdays, he's usually very good and analytical on Goals on Sunday.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Their turnover was barely £10M higher than ours in the latest accounts (2018-19).   They reported a £112M loss, the fourth biggest in PL history.  Their owners must be propping them up massively.

Chief Executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale observed, “These results reflect our position in the early stages of a long-term investment cycle.”  Great timing there Denise, with COVID on the horizon!  I hope you're better at timing other cycles, or else enjoying your dozen kids.

Worth noting, LCFC have pretty much reached par with everyone except the Big Money Six.  If we do at all well in the EL, our turnover should be seventh in 2020-2021.

Number six (Arsenal's) revenue remains more than 2x that of number seven though.  One of the basic facts of our existence, which many fail to grasp.

200.gif

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Where on earth do Everton get their wedge from? They haven't sold anyone of note since Lukaku about 4 years ago and yet they blow so much bunce it's incredible. Turnover is likely to be higher than ours but not by much, maybe £50m or so? 

Owner has pumped £350 million in over the last 4 years

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Annoyingly good player though. Think he’ll be more important than Fernandez in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah he’s good, good price too tbf. It’s about time United got their act together with transfers though because they’ve been utterly shit for years bar a couple of exceptions. 

ajax selling van beek is the last flicker of light on ajax winning another champions league

this was a bit of a golden generation their first good one capable of winning big ears in 25 years,  and they have all gone within a year, expected of course driven by finances.

But its sad to think a club as great as ajax will never win the big one again.

modern football eh.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

Can see it being true in respect of our position, we'll struggle i fear. But i do hope Leeds are significantly lower down. I see Brighton doing better than 14th too