urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

18 minutes ago, Goober said:

I've seen Chilwell's chipped in with a few goals and assists this season but he offers absolutely nothing going forward whenever I seem to watch him. Was the same the majority of his time here in his last season or so as well.

When he came through I feel like he was far more impressive going forwards? Or am I remembering it wrong

Yeah. The euphoria of the move spurred him on. He is the epitome of a confidence player. When it's going good it's good. When times aren't golden he just pales. 

22 minutes ago, Goober said:

I've seen Chilwell's chipped in with a few goals and assists this season but he offers absolutely nothing going forward whenever I seem to watch him. Was the same the majority of his time here in his last season or so as well.

When he came through I feel like he was far more impressive going forwards? Or am I remembering it wrong

Let the hate go

46 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Surprised at all the comments saying it’s not a red

Law 12 states

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I could argue that any challenge that results in an injury, however innocuous, is endangering an opponent and should therefore see the player sent off. Most of us watch enough football to know when a tackle meets the criteria for a red. Below the football league, the rules are exactly the same but that would never attract a red.

It looks bad cos Azpilicueta kicks into the tackle and that flips him over and then his play acting antics are the final nail in the coffin.