Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Surprised I haven't heard a lot of chatter from pundits that seemingly love stirring it up suggesting Chelsea should hire BR. Last season while we were doing well he was linked with Arsenal and I think ManU. 

Rafa I'm sure is looking for an English club but there's no chance he'd take NUFC. He knows Ashley can't be trusted to provide proper funds so it's a no win situation. Besides Bruce is a good yes man, he never diverts blame at Ashley even though everybody knows where the club's problems lie. Surprised @The Bearwouldn't think Rafa would go to Wolves, or that  Wolves would want him. Is there anything behind that? Seems like a good fit. Not that I think they need to change managers yet. 

Not surprising really. Lampard will be well liked amongst the pundits I imagine. Ex-teammates etc. 

Wouldn’t imagine they’re going to be openly suggesting he’s sacked and start naming replacements before it’s even happened.

2 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Surprised I haven't heard a lot of chatter from pundits that seemingly love stirring it up suggesting Chelsea should hire BR. Last season while we were doing well he was linked with Arsenal and I think ManU. 

Rafa I'm sure is looking for an English club but there's no chance he'd take NUFC. He knows Ashley can't be trusted to provide proper funds so it's a no win situation. Besides Bruce is a good yes man, he never diverts blame at Ashley even though everybody knows where the club's problems lie. Surprised @The Bearwouldn't think Rafa would go to Wolves, or that  Wolves would want him. Is there anything behind that? Seems like a good fit. Not that I think they need to change managers yet. 

If Ashley wins his court case, and he has a good case, then the Saudi Takeover will go through. In which case Rafa will be hired in a heartbeat. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he's been given the nudge to be available.

32 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Benefit to the attacker ?

32 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Watkins looked level with the ball originally anyway

25 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I just don't understand the offside law anymore

Villa have benefited from the same rule that went against them in their last game 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If thats onside because Schar touches the ball, that's ridiculous. 

Quite, it exactly the same as the Man City goal. Schar wouldn’t have touched the ball if Watkins wasn’t offside? 

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If thats onside because Schar touches the ball, that's ridiculous. 

Watkins was behind the ball when it was crossed. Much like Vardy's goal at home to Brighton. Ahead of the last defender but behind the ball.

Edited by martyn

5 minutes ago, martyn said:

Watkins was behind the ball when it was crossed. Much like Vardy's goal at home to Brighton. Ahead of the last defender but behind the ball.

If that's the case then no problem, couldn't tell from the replay I saw. Kelly Cates suggested it was a similar situation to the other night and he was deemed onside because the defender touched it whilst trying to intercept. 

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If that's the case then no problem, couldn't tell from the replay I saw. Kelly Cates suggested it was a similar situation to the other night and he was deemed onside because the defender touched it whilst trying to intercept. 

Basically it doesn’t matter if he was onside or not as the defender deliberately played the ball