Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

That's a big miss for Man City. They've missed someone like David Silva at times when attacking, don't have a good enough striker so may struggle. Pep sorted out the defence now he has to try and find a way to get more goals in the team without their best player. 

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

I thought the same, hes not really playing any differently,  the only difference is hes not had a penalty or tap in.

I don’t think his movement is there, like he’s holding himself back a bit. 

25 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

I don’t think his movement is there, like he’s holding himself back a bit. 

Agreed, I feel that recently he hasn't been latching onto scoring opportunities with his usual speed, soureness and fluidity of movement.  Now we know why.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He's always been the same. Couldn't stand him when I lived by dortmund and still can't stand him now. When he came over he was just the new media loved manager and unfortunately everyone took the bait.

Different Living near Dortmund..than actually being a BvB fan...

I can tell you..BVB fans loved the job he did & still follow him..!!

I reckon Klopp knows more about Football fhe characters needed.Ne has warnt the right, like Mourhino, to Share his opinions...und Let them be known.

I find so called fans trying to demean Everything everhword ofmanager A Or B have to say, Shows more about the Perpatrators

of such pathetic Bullshit than anything the said managers do or say...

Hes a Top manager, his opinions are his. He gets questioned more than most, so he will spout out more than most....Hes sat in 'the chair', while others find some

weird justice to have a cheap Pop at the Football managers....In Germany I liked him, es a Mainz Player & manager I liked him,has a BvB manager & occasional

Punkt I liked him, Taking the L'pool job, obvious he would get it right. I Dont find him arrogant or over-baring....Be gives an honest,sometimes emotional opinion,

I might agree or disagree with those opinions....but I respect him & find he is a reasonable up-Front guy admits his mistakes....More importantly he was been successfull.

Probably thats the reason some People believe its reasonable to have a Pop at him and others,who have brought the Promised  cake home...

So you only lived in Dortmund...He Made a name for Football crazy Town & himself while earning his crust in Dortmund...

Now repeating it, in another Football crazy town...

Seems too much for some..!!  Innit.

I am embarrassed ,that this forums Members ( outside the banter) Keep having cheap Shots at all the Top 6...

They have earnt either by hook or crook those Top 6 positions, the slimey & good media attention & their plastic-fans .& Sky.

They built traditions of winning or holding decent levels & positions through a top League & europe, over many years,

with several Comebacks from back then right  to the present...!!!

I am happy we have our semi-Rich ( so should be no Hypocritical bullshit) but humble owners, and the way we have built our character, ethos, spirit & home about our business. Like Athletico, its nice we find ourselves to Keep our Underdog shadow while

having a chance to Nick the occasional "tasties" and dine from the Top table.Before we get cocky & over-ourselves,

We have to find that Level consistently & still have majority ( Not all) of our Quality players really wanting to stay...

Silly Background  chirping from our forum, means diddley-squat..!!

A few years ago, sneakey, cynical unneedy Pot shots , a damn rarity, & somewhat below the Form of this usually fair forum.

Now it seems "Eastenders, Falcon-crest,New coronation-street". Soap mentality is seeping into football debates..!

Shame..its become too often

Mind you thats only my Opinion..like..!! :P

So Shoot me..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

To be fair to Ashley Barnes (and j hate Ashley Barnes) it's the keepers fault. Makes more contact than when their little finger makes contact with the side of the strikers boot and they usually go down and it's called stonewall. But I do think if he isnt given the  penalty for the foul by Allison the blatant pull back by fabinho is enough. 

I'm not sure he would have got it for the pull back but its a definite penalty. You have to remember when you're running hard a player on the ground in front of you is besr protected by you going down, If you have your stride broken and try to stay up its usually difficult to avoid putting your boot down on the guy on the ground. Barnes (and Vardy if accused ) or any other striker have to be given the benefit of the doubt as to whether they were protecting Allison (in this case). 

But in any case under current VAR rules it was a penalty

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Yes - from what I've seen he does exactly the opposite of Gray. He gets 'stuck in' - trying to create openings and he has the desire to score from the edge of the action. He has energy too. At 2-0 up against a demoralised Chelsea and BR plays it safe and brings Perez and Iheanacho on - Uender would have been the 'cat amongst the pigeons'.

I Dont get greedy, by creating a summision on the managers character..We dont know whats happening behind the scenes, nor the Whys & wherefors

We won 2-0, where before many fans were pssing themselves, we could of seen more goals...

Under is not being selected to play, from start or Bench....Rodgers will have his reasons..No manager sees it , or ticks like the fans...

He quite correctly probably saw Perez & Nacho being the Dynamic descision...I

Probably Under doesn't even make it for Brentford...

My thoughts are based  on, Everything is ok & Under is presenting himself as willing n ready for the cause, across all bases.

Or Rodgers just doesn't rate what he brings..I have no idea..!!

Another take...The team Sets up for Albrighton, but Rodgers wants to totally change the channels, when he makes the subs..

Or the best shot,  Rodgers just likes pssing Off this forum....lol

• Haha 1

So Liverpool are stuttering due to losing key players, Man city and Leicester potentially affected by losing their 2 best/most influential players that just leaves MANURE. Surely Bruno or Pogba and Cavani or all 3 is due for an long term injury now??  :whistle:

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Different Living near Dortmund..than actually being a BvB fan...

I can tell you..BVB fans loved the job he did & still follow him..!!

I reckon Klopp knows more about Football fhe characters needed.Ne has warnt the right, like Mourhino, to Share his opinions...und Let them be known.

I find so called fans trying to demean Everything everhword ofmanager A Or B have to say, Shows more about the Perpatrators

of such pathetic Bullshit than anything the said managers do or say...

Hes a Top manager, his opinions are his. He gets questioned more than most, so he will spout out more than most....Hes sat in 'the chair', while others find some

weird justice to have a cheap Pop at the Football managers....In Germany I liked him, es a Mainz Player & manager I liked him,has a BvB manager & occasional

Punkt I liked him, Taking the L'pool job, obvious he would get it right. I Dont find him arrogant or over-baring....Be gives an honest,sometimes emotional opinion,

I might agree or disagree with those opinions....but I respect him & find he is a reasonable up-Front guy admits his mistakes....More importantly he was been successfull.

Probably thats the reason some People believe its reasonable to have a Pop at him and others,who have brought the Promised  cake home...

So you only lived in Dortmund...He Made a name for Football crazy Town & himself while earning his crust in Dortmund...I

Now repeating it, in another Football crazy town...

Seems too much for some..!!  Innit.

I am embarrassed ,that this forums Members ( outside the banter) Keep having cheap Shots at all the Top 6...

They have earnt either by hook or crook those Top 6 positions, the slimey & good media attention & their plastic-fans .& Sky.

They built traditions of winning or holding decent levels & positions through a top League & europe, over many years,

with several Comebacks from back then right  to the present...!!!

I am happy we have our semi-Rich ( so should be no Hypocritical bullshit) but humble owners, and the way we have built our character, ethos, spirit & home

about our business. Like Athletico, its nice we find ourselves to Keep our Underdog shadow while

having a chance to Nick the occasional "tasties" and dine from the Top table.Before we get cocky & over-ourselves, We have to find that Level consistently &

still have majority ( Not all) of our Quality players Really wanting to stay...Silly Background  chirping from our forum, means diddley-squat..!!

A few years ago, sneakey, cynical unneedy Pot shots, were a few years ago, a damn rarity, & somewhat below the Form of this usually fair forum.

Now it seems "Eastenders, Falcon-crest,New coronation-street". Soap mentality is seeping into football debates..!

Shame..its become too often

Mind you thats only my Opinion..like..!! :Pich

So Shoot me..!!

I know dortmund fans did. Everyone supported dortmund. I was in gutersloh, sort of a town in the county distance from the city 20 min drive or so I think?  You'd have the odd Munich/shalke fan but generally they were all dortmund. I just found klopp unbearable whilst I lived there. I do find him highly arrogant and he puts on an extremely thin facade (imo). He also falls into the 'play the way that let's us beat you or its not football' category. I just don't like how the man carries himself. You get a good shot at the real klopp when things aren't going perfect. 

For what its worth, I also couldn't care less if sky include us in a big 6 or 7 or in a title race. Them talking has no bearing over how we set up for games or how we play. If I'm honest. I much prefer the ignorance. Just as you are allowed your opinion on klopp I'm allowed mine. If it's embarrassing for me to dislike a manager or player for people then I'd say its more a problem with them than myself. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Mat Ryan to Arsenal seems an odd one for me, must have fallen out of favour with Potter. Can't say I pay too much attention to Brighton to be honest.

I had a look on their forums a couple of months ago and they really don't rate him at all. I thought he'd be popular and dropping him controversial but it seemed most if not all wanted him gone a while ago. 

53 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I know dortmund fans did. Everyone supported dortmund. I was in gutersloh, sort of a town in the county distance from the city 20 min drive or so I think?  You'd have the odd Munich/shalke fan but generally they were all dortmund. I just found klopp unbearable whilst I lived there. I do find him highly arrogant and he puts on an extremely thin facade (imo). He also falls into the 'play the way that let's us beat you or its not football' category. I just don't like how the man carries himself. You get a good shot at the real klopp when things aren't going perfect. 

For what its worth, I also couldn't care less if sky include us in a big 6 or 7 or in a title race. Them talking has no bearing over how we set up for games or how we play. If I'm honest. I much prefer the ignorance. Just as you are allowed your opinion on klopp I'm allowed mine. If it's embarrassing for me to dislike a manager or player for people then I'd say its more a problem with them than myself. 

Thin facade - 100%. That fvcker smiles too much for my liking and always seems on the edge of rage. A bit like my ex. 

• Like 2

KDB's injury hurts Man City, but they have depth.

Vardy's injury hurts Leicester, but we also have options (not like MC does, but still).

I still don't believe in Man Utd or OGS, but their results have been impressive.  Like some have said, any loss of Bruno would hurt them.

I do not know what to make of Liverpool.  Yes they have injuries, but most of their attack force has been available.  They can't seem to score for some reason, and I am not savvy enough to hazard a guess why.

Tottenham, Everton, West Ham, Chelsea, and yes even Arsenal are still lurking.

This is a fun season!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twister said:

**** klopp and as for his methods I find it facinating the minute those lot cant press a team to death how average they look

They do look average atm, they seem to be snatching at every chance but that's natural when you ain't scoring, but it won't stay that way. Form is temporary. Players they've got don't just turn to shit.

Manchester City have turned it on recently but earlier in the season they looked ordinary too.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They do look average atm, they seem to be snatching at every chance but that's natural when you ain't scoring, but it won't stay that way. Form is temporary. Players they've got don't just turn to shit.

Manchester City have turned it on recently but earlier in the season they looked ordinary too.

No doubt their slump will end the game before we play them and they'll be back to their absolute best. 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Vardy's injury hurts Leicester, but we also have options (not like MC does, but still).

I still don't believe in Man Utd or OGS, but their results have been impressive.  Like some have said, any loss of Bruno would hurt them.

I do not know what to make of Liverpool.  Yes they have injuries, but most of their attack force has been available.  They can't seem to score for some reason, and I am not savvy enough to hazard a guess why.

Tottenham, Everton, West Ham, Chelsea, and yes even Arsenal are still lurking.

This is a fun season!

I dont think you can rule out Villa either.  It really could swing a number of ways and im sure the narrative will change. 

I think Man City have to be the huge favourites from here on in. Hopefully they will unexpectedly drop points here and there and keep things interesting. 

Chelsea was perhaps the first time that my head started to dream and I appreciate the optimism of many on here at the moment. But without Vardy for 6 games unfortunately I just don't think we will get the 5/6 wins that we would probably need. Hopefully lady luck will be on our side and we get through it. But until we reach that point I will probably be looking down rather than up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lnkstern said:

They do have depth, but they have no-one close to KDB’s quality, it will hit them quite hard - is it as much as Vardy will hit us?

Guess we will see!

• Like 1