Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Considering the issues some teams have in net we have 3 very competent keepers available. Is there a team with a better 3rd pick than Jakupovic? 

I think Romero is still technically uniteds number 3 and he was considered the best number two in world football lol 

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Does Matt Ryan to Arsenal on loan really not make much sense? That Icelandic lad they've bought looks like he doesn't know what a football is and Ryan is gonna be number 2 behind Leno, it's not a transfer that defies logic.

Until I saw he had been demoted so far it didn't make any sense to me. Moving to be number 2 behind a much better keeper than the one he is currently behind seemed really odd.

Now I know he's going from number 4 to number 2 then it makes sense.

When do you think crowds, even just a few thousand, will be able to return to stadiums?

Especially with cup finals etc in a few months' time.

If everyone gets their vaccine doses, will that possibly mean it'd be safe to return to normal on this front?

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

When do you think crowds, even just a few thousand, will be able to return to stadiums?

Especially with cup finals etc in a few months' time.

If everyone gets their vaccine doses, will that possibly mean it'd be safe to return to normal on this front?

I'm not expecting it to be this season now. I'm going for a refund on my Euro's tickets. 

No certainty at present the vaccine means you can't transmit the virus so normal is many months away. 

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Winning 4-0..instead of 2-0...:)

actually I agree, if he gets his Scoring Pants on again, the opposition Defence wont know where to look...but more  importantly, it will put us in a title competing position...

Another thought...I am a Albrighton fan, always One of the First to Jump in and defend him, or Smile & Let him Show his skills,

with my "told ya so" grin.

I would Love to see Under come in & give us that extra Mystery %, that Tips the scales from us being Top 3-5 candidates,to really attacking those Top 1-2 positions..

Still doesn't mean the Team with Marc.Albrighton the Legend are Not capable of picking up bis 2nd title...

Even Another thought...with Riccardo fit...might We see occasionally either Ric or Justin,  slipping into that WB roll, to give Albrighton the odd Short break,

If we go further in other competitions...

Many fans, criticise other posters, for suggesting moving/using other players out of position...

My answer to that...I Dont know what football many of These Critics have been watching, but in the last 50-60yrs, around UK & Europe,we've seen many a Player

make their names,moving away from original position successful or used across & through lines, its quite a normal Practice has seen in past & modern football...

Jesus..we wouldnt have seen Sweeper...DM,AM, WBs. .false 9, 8 or 10s..back 3,4 varying 5 created,then  forgotten ,then reinstated over the years...

Your posts are all good when you really concentrate but for the love of God get a phone that doesn't randomly capitalise words and insert paragraphs and spaces in odd places. This makes it very difficult to follow what you are saying for simpletons like me and dare I say makes you look like a clown so posts aren't given the attention they should be.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Mat Ryan to Arsenal seems an odd one for me, must have fallen out of favour with Potter. Can't say I pay too much attention to Brighton to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYfOsIa1iAQ This Side Volley Highlights video is insane. Always have a lot of time for Mat Ryan. Had dreams of him playing for Rodgers given his ability to distribute. He'll do really well for Arsenal unfortunately. May actually get to use all of his talents maybe.

21 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Trent Alexander Arnold looks a shell of the player he was.

Opponents are getting at Liverpool down his side.

I don't know whether it is exhaustion or burn out, or maybe a consequence of playing without Van Dijk in the back line.

I guess it is far more likely to be a number of factors, a bit like us last season.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

https://www.football365.com/news/paul-merson-chelsea-hire-harry-redknapp-help-frank-lampard

Predictable comment of the week. Solskjaer can ring Sir Alex Ferguson so why doesn't Lampard call his uncle?

Don’t get me wrong, I like old Harry for what he is, but getting him in alongside Frank at Chelsea, well that would be like electing a senile old fart to run the USA..............oh, yeah. 

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rafa has just quit the chinese side he's managing... Lampard struggling.... Rafa return to Chelsea?

No way, he was hated at Chelsea last time he was there. There supporters wouldn’t cope with him returning. 

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

No way, he was hated at Chelsea last time he was there. There supporters wouldn’t cope with him returning. 

I remember he wasn't well recieved though to be fair he did a good job for them in a short time he took them from 8th at Christmas to 3rd in in May, plus he won both Europa League and the Fa Cup.... yet the Chelsea fans don't rate him. However Roman may need a quick fix there and Rafa has proved he can turn round a season before.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I remember he wasn't well recieved though to be fair he did a good job for them in a short time he took them from 8th at Christmas to 3rd in in May, plus he won both Europa League and the Fa Cup.... yet the Chelsea fans don't rate him.

I think it was more to do with the fact he had come from Liverpool and had a few big spats with Jose, rather than they didn’t rate him. But they had banners at almost every game, even when they were doing well, not sure they’d want him or he’d want to go there.
If he’s available I can definitely see a premier league team taking a punt on him soon.

59 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think it was more to do with the fact he had come from Liverpool and had a few big spats with Jose, rather than they didn’t rate him. But they had banners at almost every game, even when they were doing well, not sure they’d want him or he’d want to go there.
If he’s available I can definitely see a premier league team taking a punt on him soon.

If Arsenal slump again, he may be a stop-gap choice. Could do a lot worse.