Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Villa having a good season but can't wait for them to falter (fingers crossed they do at some point) really dislikeable players for me and full of the dark arts. They'll bully us in a couple of weeks I'm sure. 

Why, I'm luving it that the midland teams are getting their act together reminds me of the 70's and early 80's. Are you a fan of the so called top 6 clubs?

Really dislike Villa, I think their position is somewhat false, like people have pointed out once they get into the lead they’re such a dirty horrible side to watch. They’ve had a few games off haven’t they? So perhaps that’s making their form look better than it actually is, plus they’ve played some pretty flaccid teams.... and they’ve lost to all of the “top teams”.

They will fall away, and I’ll be hoping that we give them a rodding. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Villa having a good season but can't wait for them to falter (fingers crossed they do at some point) really dislikeable players for me and full of the dark arts. They'll bully us in a couple of weeks I'm sure. 

I don't like villa as a club but I wouldn't call their players unlikable. I'm quite enjoying seeing them mix things up at the top. West Ham too. Any team that upsets the big 6 narrative are alright with me. (as long as they stay below us)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Really dislike Villa, I think their position is somewhat false, like people have pointed out once they get into the lead they’re such a dirty horrible side to watch. They’ve had a few games off haven’t they? So perhaps that’s making their form look better than it actually is, plus they’ve played some pretty flaccid teams.... and they’ve lost to all of the “top teams”.

Beat us (yes, we are a top team :giggle:) and Liverpool...

Maybe the Spurs/Everton games getting postponed helps them now, but you'd think they might suffer when they have to cram those games in somewhere probably in March/April.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They're decent but overrated. 

If they finish 8th-10th it'd be a fantastic achievement for them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don't like villa as a club but I wouldn't call their players unlikable. I'm quite enjoying seeing them mix things up at the top. West Ham too. Any team that upsets the big 6 narrative are alright with me. (as long as they stay below us)

Them mixing it up at the top is not really the point. Good for them on that but doesn't mean you have to like them. It's more their antics, good players but it's the stuff like pretending their injured, they must've took it turns in that second half today, sly fouls and off the ball pulls, kicking the ball away, going down easily etc. They are good at at and usually do it enough to go unpunished. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Them mixing it up at the top is not really the point. Good for them on that but doesn't mean you have to like them. It's more their antics, good players but it's the stuff like pretending their injured, they must've took it turns in that second half today, sly fouls and off the ball pulls, kicking the ball away, going down easily etc. They are good at at and usually do it enough to go unpunished. 

It's not just them. The majority of teams do it (if not all). Leicester do it too.

What did everyone think of Odegaard’s debut?

I wasn’t that overly impressed tbh & think he’s going to struggle as he is so left footed and didn’t show enough guile or trickery to compensate that I believe he’s going to be played out the game by most Premiership defences.

When on his left he did play a few good balls but nothing to think we have really missed out on him, if ever in for him.

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It's not just them. The majority of teams do it (if not all). Leicester do it too.

I'm not naive enough to think other clubs aren't doing the same but I do think there are levels to it and some of are worse, or better, depending on which way you're looking at it. 

It is probably an irrational dislike, not going to lie, but thats what us football fans are like :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

What did everyone think of Odegaard’s debut?

I wasn’t that overly impressed tbh & think he’s going to struggle as he is so left footed and didn’t show enough guile or trickery to compensate that I believe he’s going to be played out the game by most Premiership defences.

When on his left he did play a few good balls but nothing to think we have really missed out on him, if ever in for him.

I think that’s harsh just on first appearances. He’s not played a lot of football this season. He’s a very talented player who in the right system hauled Real Sociedad kicking and screaming up the table. Would have loved him here but wouldn’t know where he would fit in.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

To all pundits/commentators

STOP CALLING SAINT-MAXIMIN 'MAXIMUM'. IT IS NOT HIS NAME.

They should be made to practise their French nasal vowel sounds.  All together now:

UN BON VIN BLANC  :scarf: