Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

35 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

1617280512_Screenshot2021-02-05at08_06_19.png.8f09a27a1ffd3673e7dc57eefd650e36.png1617280512_Screenshot2021-02-05at08_06_19.png.8f09a27a1ffd3673e7dc57eefd650e36.png1617280512_Screenshot2021-02-05at08_06_19.png.8f09a27a1ffd3673e7dc57eefd650e36.png

I'm not sure I've ever seen a football manager seem as sad.

I'm legit a bit worried.

Honestly it looks like he can’t even be bothered with his snide comments any more. 

He just needs to retire and learn to relax a bit. I think he’d make a decent listen as a pundit tbh 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Spurs fans I know all want him out but say Levy won't have the balls to pull the trigger 

They will all change their minds if they beat Man City in the League Cup final at the end of April.

They could still finish top 4 and win a trophy this season. His tactics and man management seem to be pretty awful but as a manger it is hard to not acknowledge his success.

One thing I expected at Jose Spurs was issues with levy not spending money

however, he has backed the manager 

surely he can’t afford to sack him so soon - there must be a big comp clause for that 

I’m not sure what they expected. He is a manger that wins trophies but generally plays awful football and has even worse PR.

I wonder if his whole strategy for the remainder of the season is to win a cup and not bother much with the league - they are still in all three cups 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

One thing I expected at Jose Spurs was issues with levy not spending money

however, he has backed the manager 

surely he can’t afford to sack him so soon - there must be a big comp clause for that 

I’m not sure what they expected. He is a manger that wins trophies but generally plays awful football and has even worse PR.

I wonder if his whole strategy for the remainder of the season is to win a cup and not bother much with the league - they are still in all three cups 

I think you're probably correct. Mourinho delights in pointing out his trophy wins, above all, silverware matters most to him, regardless of the competition.

One trophy with Spurs, even a league cup, and he will argue that his whole time there was successful. In a way, he'd probably be correct, in a 'perennial bridesmaids win rare trophy' kind of way.

He already knows they're too far off the pace for the title too.

Just so pleased with missed a bullet with 'Bale the sequel' - 'Eriksen'.   Avoid very expensive Spurs has-beens at all costs.  We need Jose to stay there for a few months or so, just to rule them out of the Top 6.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Just so pleased with missed a bullet with 'Bale the sequel' - 'Eriksen'.   Avoid very expensive Spurs has-beens at all costs.  We need Jose to stay there for a few months or so, just to rule them out of the Top 6.   

Absolutely . I’m glad we have . Levy is tighter than a ducks arse and Spurs are reputedly feeling the financial squeeze due to new stadium yet he sanctioned the cost of the Bale loan at a reported cost of £20 million. Imagine the thoughts of team mates watching your £600k a week signing not even meriting 10 minutes at 1-0 down. It’s not even down to mourinho being a stubborn fool - whenever I’ve seen Bale he doesn’t look bothered or engaged 

Another game and another bleating manager. This time Moanrinho. If it's not him then Klopp or Dyche. Perhaps there should be a league for moaning managers!!

(And no Rodgers is not going to the 'Spuds', why would he and where is the sense in that. More drivel to fill column inches)

53 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

There would be absolutely no reason at all to move from Leicester to Tottenham. 
Other than being in London and having a bigger stadium, I don’t think Spurs have anything to offer.

Despite the media obsession, they really aren’t a big club on the level of Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal. 
They are in the next band with Everton and Aston Villa. They are just having their successful period that these teams have had in the past. In fact they are coming to the end of there’s with nothing of note to show for it.

What successful period is that then?..1961-63😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Great ! ...  how the ‘top 6’ will always be the top 6 ...  if they aren’t in the top 6 for Europe they can always qualify based on ‘historic performance’ ...    lol

62B3CEEF-9F2D-4C57-A404-F69690E670C4.jpeg

🤢🤢 Historical... Trying to not piss off normal fans and also appease the scummy ideas of the 'big 6'. 

I now totally subscribe to the title  ‘The Special One’ for Jose (slapped arse face) Mourinho ....  the mighty spuds weren’t really a bad team ..   quite good in fact ...   but under his special leadership they they now look like a bag of sh1te ...    keep it up Spesh !! ....   :D

P.S.  Might just send him a valentines cad ...    :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

It's mad to think Giroud and Abraham both on the bench, both strikers that would get into 70% of PL teams 

Yup - they have such great options in the midfield onwards.

the defence isn’t really that bad either.

Tuchel is a better manager than Lampard also.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Great ! ...  how the ‘top 6’ will always be the top 6 ...  if they aren’t in the top 6 for Europe they can always qualify based on ‘historic performance’ ...    lol

Just dressing up how to ensure the former successful Clubs keep their greedy noses in the trough.  Absolute disgrace.   Can you imagine finishing 5th in the EPL only to find out Spuds finishing tenth qualify for the European Stitch-up League because they won something 20 years ago ??   Are UEFA serious ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

So the desired protectionism implicit in the Super League then, the Emperors New Clothes in football form. Shame on these greedy capitalist willy pullers and their gullible sycophant fans subscribers

• Like 2