Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

It doesn't matter who manages spurs they'll never win the league. Their best hope is the league Cup. Levy did a good job in making them a team that can compete for top 4 but he's too stingy to pay what he needs for the calibre of player those around spurs pay. He's too stingy to spend 30mill on a youngster like fofana. Thats why no manager will take spurs above competing for top 4. Our miracle season was their miraculous season we just did it better. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It doesn't matter who manages spurs they'll never win the league. Their best hope is the league Cup. Levy did a good job in making them a team that can compete for top 4 but he's too stingy to pay what he needs for the calibre of player those around spurs pay. He's too stingy to spend 30mill on a youngster like fofana. Thats why no manager will take spurs above competing for top 4. Our miracle season was their miraculous season we just did it better. 

It's great the way they call it “The Leicester Season” and obsess about it.  It burns like a hot flame inside every tiny brain.

All Spurs fans know that the gods have abandoned them.  The decades have shown that they are football’s Sisyphus, being punished for their own flaws.  Condemned to keep rolling that boulder almost to the top of the mountain, for all eternity.

And what provided the strongest, most inescapable proof of this?  “The Leicester Season”.

susyphus.JPG.419907ad102b0bf365bb355970fa60f0.JPG

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

So Bednarek's red is overturned, but no word of apology from Dean? Not even a word of acknowledgement from the FA that the officials got this one wrong.

Boils my blood.

I think if any decision made while video technology is available, is overturned on appeal. The officials should be docked wages and suspended for the 3 games. Rising 1 game each time it happens again. It's unbelievable that it can even happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

So Bednarek's red is overturned, but no word of apology from Dean? Not even a word of acknowledgement from the FA that the officials got this one wrong.

Boils my blood.

It's weird how 2 officials have been deemed wrong and there's no culpability, no air of responsibility from PGMOL. They're a sham of an organisation and Mike Riley's royally fvcked things up in how things are right now. 

Don't think finger can just be pointed at Dean, as there's also Graeme Scott who couldn't come to the right decision, either. 

• Like 2

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Hopefully we haven't got Mike Dean this weekend. I don't think he'll take being overturned very well, and will be dangerous lol 

Unless he's given the weekend off.

Martin Atkinson is ref.

Peter Bankes VAR.

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

There would be absolutely no reason at all to move from Leicester to Tottenham. 
Other than being in London and having a bigger stadium, I don’t think Spurs have anything to offer.

Despite the media obsession, they really aren’t a big club on the level of Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal. 
They are in the next band with Everton and Aston Villa. They are just having their successful period that these teams have had in the past. In fact they are coming to the end of there’s with nothing of note to show for it.

Completely agree. I just think he would go if it became available. 

This is the worst type of player. A player who hides from the ball. This gave me flashbacks of Stephen Hughes & Andy Johnson circa 2005. I was livid that they were hiding like this behind opposition players.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My f/c to end of season is we will finish with 73-76 points . 73 points  should be enough to guarantee ECL football next season. To do this we need to slightly improve which should be possible as I would expect our home form to improve to a point which more than compensates for any falling away in away form. Average luck should see our injury problems lessen for the rest of the season relative to other teams. I also think BR will have learned from points lost to date due to imo occasionally poor selection, compounded by lack of correction at half time. I think he'll still be here for 2021/2 season which I regard as very good news.

That to me will be a good season. 2021/2 I think will be even better.

This post is meant for me really as a record and has been dated , printed and pinned up but it may bring cheer to those who won't get their covid jabs until end May, What ever happens in the FA Cup and EL  is less important financially but could be a wonderful bonus if we get past Brighton which I think will be difficult.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

This is the worst type of player. A player who hides from the ball. This gave me flashbacks of Stephen Hughes & Andy Johnson circa 2005. I was livid that they were hiding like this behind opposition players.

Wasn't Sissoko playing like a prime Gerrard or Lampard last year. Well, at least according to Spurs fans. 

Remember a Newcastle supporting mate of mine saying that he turns up about once in every 8 games when he's unplayable and then he's back to being a donkey. Cannot believe he's got so many caps with France.

9 hours ago, BirminghamFox said:

Having a spot of lunch and foolishly watching sky sports news....

has our game been called off because there only seems to be 1 game this Sunday which they are constantly going on about...

AAANNNND ITS LIVE

To be fair the last 5 of the 6 games we've played against each other have been horrifying. 

We are literally the main reason for the Sky and UEFA getting all scared and trying to make some stupid super league or block European competition based on where you finish.

Leicester are ruining what they all want, we’re that annoying little pest that wouldn’t get lost and now are a genuine ‘semi dangerous threat’.

What we did in 15/16 shook the world but it was seen as ‘cute’ ‘miracle’ and would ‘never happen again’ , yet now with our owners and our project and current squad, we are seen as a more sustainable outfit and club and a threat and the big boys, the media and pretty much everyone else in football bar us don’t like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LanguedocFox said:

I don’t really see this. Sky don’t like us, of course, but the rest of the media seem to see us as a breath of fresh air - witness good articles in the Guardian, Daily Heil and the Torygraph in the past week.

And I don’t really get the feeling that other fans dislike us, although they may be jealous. One of my mates is a lifelong Derby fan, and he still wishes Pearson had stayed to work his magic there!

It’s incredibly short eyed view. The media will always go with the biggest story. For a moment we were the biggest story. 15/16 went past football to a larger news story. 

There are numerous clubs in Europe fighting the good fight. Atalanta and Ajax for example. Even below the top tier, you have the likes of Atleti who the super clubs dislike being so successful 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, shailen said:

Not premier league related but legit

145526941_707547779908582_8427538314967361074_n.jpg

You know what though if we had a direct free kick to win a cup final and I had to pick one player in the world to take it I would pick Seb Larsson. How his free kick taking isn't talked about more I will never know. Quality.

I will add however, the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired.