Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

Guest seanfox778

Would've taken Europa League at the start of the season but well and truly f***ed off after watching what we've done to ourselves the past few weeks. 

Put up a good shift today but 3 more brain farts summing us up. 

Shout out to Evans who finally gets the red card he's been after for the last three weeks.

Next steps - 3 quality signings and sort out the pretty tame, weak mentality amongst a big chunk of the squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5th overall on reflection is a great season, but being 14 points ahead with 14 games to go is perhaps the greatest collapse I've ever seen us manage, only the 3-0 against Wolves at HT before losing 4-3 can maybe match it.

I don't like the mentality of this team, prior to today Rodgers was saying stuff like we don't expect the CL, United do, they're a bigger club etc. It's a poor mentality and it must reflect on the players and the club as a whole. A few years ago Vichai/Top were saying they wanted us to be top 4, they were laughed at and a couple of years later we won the league. We aren't bloody Norwich or Brighton, we have a state of the art training facility opening soon, a great stadium, one of the best scouting systems in the country and a decent amount of revenue, we need to start acting like it.

This rot needs addressing and we need to go again in 6 weeks with a fresh mindset, if we get off to a bad start then it could get very tricky for us. Hopefully a couple of our injuries will be healed by then and we will have a much better looking 11.

5 or 6 signings are needed, for Christ Sake sign a bloody world class winger this summer, it has to be priority number one, every game we miss chance after chance because we're relying on purely Vardy to score. It's a rare sight if anyone else actually scores. I'd like to see a target man signed, but Rodgers won't do that. Signing Big Giroud for 10m or so or a foreign tank would be nice.

Keep Thomas and Choudary in the squad for next season, both look like they can handle the pressure of the EPL. I'm not sure about Hirst, it will depend on if we sign another striker.

Either way, regardless of the competition we're in, we're still gonna be watching European football next season. Even if we can't go to the games we can still have our European tour, see you all there.

:beer:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3

Guest ttfn

I actually thought Rodgers did the right thing today and he was literally seconds away from getting to where he wanted at 0-0.

Unfortunately that is the risk you run when you play to keep it tight. And it’s the risk you run when you go into the final day of the season needing something despite having a seemingly insurmountable lead.