Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I actually thought Rodgers did the right thing today and he was literally seconds away from getting to where he wanted at 0-0.

Unfortunately that is the risk you run when you play to keep it tight. And it’s the risk you run when you go into the final day of the season needing something despite having a seemingly insurmountable lead.

I don't understand this.  Getting to where at 0-0?  70 minutes, 75?  Then what?  What were we gonna do then, try? 

• Thanks 1

The set up and way we played for 65 mins was fine. Cant legislate for individual errors which then stuff the plans up just before a change in approach . Don't really blame Rodgers for that. 

Having said that the way the game ended with the red card and Kasper calamity was a fitting bookend to how poor we've been since January. 

Hopefully this isn't a hammer blow to the ability we have to strengthen. The team when everyone is available is good, but quality reinforcements are badly needed 

Edited by martyn

Well we self imploded but Europa League here we come got to hope we can bring in some quality in August before the restart get rid of the ones that quite can’t cut the mustard really hoping Top can back us to change us around to become a much more competitive Less imploding team ?

on the other other Hand Vardy gets the golden boot at least we got 1 trophy 😉

Youth acedemy doesn't produce good enough players for this level. Barnes won't ever be composed enough. Choudhury isn't any good on the ball.

Chilwell is alright.

Its to early to say for thomas.

Compare it to united or arsenals youth set up and we aren't up to scratch

Edited by Fightforever

Points per game would've seen us in the top four but I'm glad we didn't say anything and got on with the job. 

Except we didn't, we've wasted a fantastic chance to secure this place- not today- but with insipid, spiritless performances against strugglers and calamitous decision making from experienced players.

They seem happy with 5th but they shouldn't be, 4th was in our grasp. I expect others to say back in your box, not our own manager though. I'm not convinced this is a happy camp at all.

Rodgers has a massive pre-season ahead. The club has a massive season ahead. It all seems too comfortable.

All of you moaning about finishing 5th in the premiership, can’t have been at stoke when Barry Hayley played in the wing and Harry Worley in midfield.

any one of our main team out we struggle, that has shown and coincided with our bad run.

$hit happens. We got Europa and i think anyone would have taken that on day 1. Its not down to today but how we performed over the last few months. 

Im so proud of our squad and hope we can strengthen and be better next season. 

We're all going on a kazakstan tour!

• Like 1

Man Utd does not deserve 2-0 scoreline but Brendon has taken the urgency out of our attacking play until too late. Taking Nachos off at a time when we needed bodies upfront and pace was a mistake and leaving both Ndidi and Hamza in instead, at the time, was just not good enough as a decision for a manager at this level when so much is on the line. Man Utd was already playing conservatively second half and with Maguire being exposed a few times already prior to that he should have added bodies and pace upfront to press them. By leaving Hamza on tells me that he rather more backpassing and build up slowly. Not good enough Brendon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PickledRick said:

Unlucky lads. As a United fan I agree you deserved more from this game. But you've finished above Arsenal and Spurs, not to mention Wolves etc. It's Rodger's first full season and there is plenty of stars to turn to. You guys are in Europa League and it's still a worthy competition with some good revenues, plus Rodgers will be given a good excuse to spend well. There's plenty of positives even though it might not feel like it.

You are brave speaking sense on here. Lol. I’d take cover. 

Two goals conceded from cocking around with the ball. Totally unprofessional. But we gave up a Champions League place long ago, so the manner of today's defeat is somewhat in keeping with the latter half of the season. 

Still, fifth is a superb achievement. It's just the mixed emotions that make it hard to savour

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

The combined IQ of this team is about 10. I really feel for Brendan he's been let down by some breathtaking stupidity today.

He got the credit for the first half of the season, but in the same way a huge hand in this epic meltdown. 

Just now, kristianity77 said:

I don't understand this.  Getting to where at 0-0?  70 minutes, 75?  Then what?  What were we gonna do then, try? 

no the point is against a team like united get it to 0-0 till a decent time then throw ur attackers on and try get the goal but it just didn't happen!

I don’t want anyone to try and tel other fans not to be disappointed. They are within their right to be angry. We’ve absolutely capitulated and it’s not good enough. We’ve been playing like relegation fodder since February and this team needs a massive wake up call. There is no excuse for how we’ve performed since the restart and Brendan knows it. Half of these ***** are lucky that COVID-19 happened and crippled the transfer market because the majority of them would have their cards marked to be out of the club. Yes we’ve had injuries but that again is no excuse it just shows that our squad isn’t good enough and any players not regularly starting don’t have a leg to stand on if they are asking the manager to play more games. 

SHIT. Big changes need to be made in the playing squad because at least 5-6 in the squad are not good enough for where we want to be.