Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

Racism from Slavia Prague might explain the Iheanacho elbow and Choudhury challenge in the first leg? 

Now hold on a minute. Do you have any evidence to back up that sinister suggestion?

Let the truth control the narrative, not the other way round.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

He wasn’t being racist, apparently, and  said ‘You f@&£ing guy’. That old insult.

https://en.slavia.cz/clanek.asp?id=Club-statement-Slavia-denies-allegations-of-racism-807

He deliberately walk over to Kamara covering his mouth and whispering whatever he said into his ear and he wants us to believe that. Yeah right. 

They beat a battered and tired Leicester side pretty fair an square, but they obviously take the dark arts of football to a new level and that is not charming at all.

Must be said, that Rangers' reaction is also not acceptable at all.  

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

Racism from Slavia Prague might explain the Iheanacho elbow and Choudhury challenge in the first leg? 

I would think if they'd been racially abusing our players you might have seen a stronger reaction than a couple of late challenges

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Even worse as well is this is a manager who's trick is seeing out this kind of thing. Mourinho going out to Zagreb after winning 2-0 at home is mental.

Man City will beat them comfortably in that final - a final they've only really made largely because of lucky draws anyway, then what?

They're in a bit of bother I think.

I thought they'd get an early goal and shut the game down. Incredible defeat.

Worse than ours.

6 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Their player made an absolute meal of that from iheanacho though, I don't think it was anything more than a normal battle to win a throw in. The ref bottled it massively and went off the player's reaction.

5 hours ago, Hammo said:

Now hold on a minute. Do you have any evidence to back up that sinister suggestion?

Let the truth control the narrative, not the other way round.

Ofcourse, no of us were there so can't say either way but I'm of the opinion that he's said it. 

He went out his way to get within a foot of his ear, covered his mouth and said something that got a strong reaction...

So either he's said it or within that split second of him whispering in his ear, Kamara had hatched the plan in his head to overreact and accuse him of racism. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

That challenge on the slavia keeper was absolutely disgusting. Roofe deserves a lengthy ban imo, he knew the keeper was there and actually followed through with his studs. Just unbelievable.

Disagree, really unfortunate I thought. Roofe actually beat the keeper to the ball. It was the follow through of both players which led to it. Totally a red but didn’t think it was a mediated challenge. 

Slavia’s defence is pretty revealing is it? Why cause more press when you’ve qualified? Especially given UEFA’s incredibly lenient view on proven racism. 

Then again this is a club what have had three incidents of their fans and racism in recent years. Gotta keep themselves on brand. 

11 hours ago, Hammo said:

Yes, he could easily have lost an eye - and as someone who has undergone several eye operations, I know how horrible that is. It doesn't excuse any ill-chosen language allegedly used by Kudela towards Kamara, but it would have been nice of Gerrard to have actually asked about the keeper's health rather than launch himself high and mightily into this 'racism' issue. Also, I know Roofe has been ranting about the online abuse he has received, trying to twist things round and make himself the victim, but has he actually apologised to the guy for potentially disfiguring him for life with that grotesque act of GBH?

People need to get things into perspective.

I suspect he didn’t even get chance given the nature of the injury and the treatment. 

I am totally baffled that you can’t separate the situation of the challenge and the racism he’s received.

You need to get things into perspective - football’s a game where these injuries and incidents happen, it’s not deserving of the vile abuse he’s received and then do the victim blaming trope common to these situations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Disagree, really unfortunate I thought. Roofe actually beat the keeper to the ball. It was the follow through of both players which led to it. Totally a red but didn’t think it was a mediated challenge. 

Slavia’s defence is pretty revealing is it? Why cause more press when you’ve qualified? Especially given UEFA’s incredibly lenient view on proven racism. 

Then again this is a club what have had three incidents of their fans and racism in recent years. Gotta keep themselves on brand. 

Wow. He drove his fvcking boot stoods first into the guys face. I’m sure if Ashley Barnes did that it wouldn’t be ‘unfortunate’