Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

On 28/07/2020 at 16:02, StanSP said:

Gent, Plzen and Midgetland if we want to (hopefully) safely qualify for knockouts. 

Would have to avoid the likes of Napoli, Roma, Hoffenheim, PSV, Leverkusen, Besiktas, Wolfsburg, Villarreal, CSKA. Teams like those have some quality as well as Champions League or Europa League experience. 

Some of those teams are not as good as the names suggest. Roma, PSV, Wolfsburg and Besiktas honestly wouldn't hold that much fear for us with a full squad, particularly at home.

26 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

CSKA, Astana, Maccabi Tel Aviv. What dreams are made of!

Moscow would be great, couldn’t be arsed for teams not actually in Europe personally because they’re such a ball ache to get to flight wise.

Just now, Stadt said:

Moscow would be great, couldn’t be arsed for teams not actually in Europe personally because they’re such a ball ache to get to flight wise.

To be fair I would prefer some obscure ones rather than Western Europe as well. I had an amazing time in Moscow at the World Cup so if there’s the chance to go back I would jump at it. It’s such an interesting place. Tel aviv although not in Europe is really easy and probably one of the cheapest we could get. Astana on the other hand, that would be proper trek lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

To be fair I would prefer some obscure ones rather than Western Europe as well. I had an amazing time in Moscow at the World Cup so if there’s the chance to go back I would jump at it. It’s such an interesting place. Tel aviv although not in Europe is really easy and probably one of the cheapest we could get. Astana on the other hand, that would be proper trek lol

Looking at the teams in it CSKA, Viktoria Plzen and Sheriff Tiraspol would probably be what I would want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Looking at the teams in it CSKA, Viktoria Plzen and Sheriff Tiraspol would probably be what I would want.

I'd totally be up for a trip to Moldova, I know next to nothing about it apart from it's the poorest country in Europe and they even struggle for things like basic medical provisions (they regularly use ketamine as an anaesthetic they struggle so much). I reckon it would be an unbelievably odd experience. Why else would any of us ever travel there?  

Also Plzeň and the 75p 8% pints would prove popular I imagine lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I'd totally be up for a trip to Moldova, I know next to nothing about it apart from it's the poorest country in Europe and they even struggle for things like basic medical provisions (they regularly use ketamine as an anaesthetic they struggle so much). I reckon it would be an unbelievably odd experience. Why else would any of us ever travel there?  

They use ketamine in A+E here, and it is a widely used medical drug worldwide for various reasons. My gf saw an ex-college who had fallen off his bike on the '24 hours in A+E' program, and he got a shot of ketamine. Suffice to say much hilarity ensued in the hospital (despite the fact he had broken bones), and subsequently on social media. :D

Didn't that comedian fella go to Moldova to play tennis and write a book about it? If we get drawn it could be essential reading... here it is, seems like a cool book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Playing-Moldovans-Tennis-Tony-Hawks/dp/0091920353

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

They use ketamine in A+E here, and it is a widely used medical drug worldwide for various reasons. My gf saw an ex-college who had fallen off his bike on the '24 hours in A+E' program, and he got a shot of ketamine. Suffice to say much hilarity ensued in the hospital (despite the fact he had broken bones), and subsequently on social media. :D

Didn't that comedian fella go to Moldova to play tennis and write a book about it? If we get drawn it could be essential reading... here it is, seems like a cool book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Playing-Moldovans-Tennis-Tony-Hawks/dp/0091920353

I know tends to be used here when people have allergies to some of the other drugs they used. I saw a couple of years ago a YouTube video of someone going there and he hurt himself in someway (not too badly) and an ambulance rocked up gave him a shot of ketamine and took him to hospital. It seemed like a crazy way of doing things lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Very popular when the majority of those downing them have drunk 4% Carling for their entire life. I'm sure they'll consider this vast increase in alcohol intake, however, and adjust how many pints they drink accordingly.

Either that or they'll be throwing up in the loos at the ground for the entire match, if they make it there.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If we're able to travel and go somewhere awesome, can we convene a group to meet that isn't solely interested in getting heavily drunk on cheap booze?

I very much doubt it.😉

25 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If we're able to travel and go somewhere awesome, can we convene a group to meet that isn't solely interested in getting heavily drunk on cheap booze?

To be fair for the Champions League games I just went off and explored the cities before and after matches. I've never got the drinking culture around football personally. Some of our fans were a disgrace at times especially in Madrid. 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

To be fair for the Champions League games I just went off and explored the cities before and after matches. I've never got the drinking culture around football personally. Some of our fans were a disgrace at times especially in Madrid. 

I greatly enjoyed spending time with the city fans but also loved slipping away and exploring and finding a little local bar but everyone to their own,  and i wouldn't particularly blame the British drinking culture on football, its everywhere in various sports, holidays,  partys, funerals and a thousand other excuses. 

Yes, heavy drinking is just how a lot of people choose to have a good time. I have tried to stay the right line of judging those that were in Madrid, because not only did I not experience any trouble myself whilst there, I also didn't feel threatened by our own fans.

Did I like the congregation/occupation in the Plaza Grande, or the atmosphere it generated? Not a lot, but I wasn't obliged to be part of it. I didn't wear colours but enjoyed exploring Madrid a bit - so much so that I am meant to be there for my 50th birthday (which I fear won't be feasible). That I was a Brit abroad was obvious, but it was a great experience for me, I met some great people there and found some nice smaller places to drink and be sociable.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bilo said:

Cracovia have won the Polish Cup and are in the qualifying rounds.

£1.50 a pint. Looks like this. Make it happen.

How to Spend the Perfect Weekend in Krakow - The Crowded Planet

If Madrid was anything to go by then that square won't look like that for too long if we turn up lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Have you been, what's it like?

LCFC have never played there before though.

I think I would give Belgrade a miss after attending the game with Red Star in Vienna all those years ago.  Only time I have ever seriously felt worried about my safety at a football game. Did not help that fans (& thugs) could drink all through the game.  The racist Monkey chants against our team was nothing short of medieval.  Not for me.