Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Why is the pots done on the coefficient of the team themself? Why not on where the team finishes in their respective league?

If a team hasn't got any coefficient points, or less than the country's coefficient number, it defaults to the country's rating.

As an example, Wolves only had 12.000 points going into this season, and England's is 17.something, so their rating was the higher figure. Ours is 22.000 and above the threshold.

It's only ever one of the two, with league position not taken into account at all, it's irrelevant, and also ensures the bigger teams with bulkier points stay in the higher posts.

Also remember there's a ton of non positional winners in the UEL, cup winners etc. Should X place in the league be higher ranked than winning the national cup? Should Italy's national cup come higher than fifth in the PL? You'd have arguments till the cows came home over that.

• Thanks 1

Gent, Plzen and Midgetland if we want to (hopefully) safely qualify for knockouts. 

Would have to avoid the likes of Napoli, Roma, Hoffenheim, PSV, Leverkusen, Besiktas, Wolfsburg, Villarreal, CSKA. Teams like those have some quality as well as Champions League or Europa League experience. 

6 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Having been to Naples two years ago, I can safely say that Pizza has not been experienced until it has been experienced there!

(Quite a nice place too if you don't read too much in to it being a Mafia hot spot and aren't too concerned about drive by moped shootings)

Napoli's football atmosphere also looks something else - Isn't their stadium build like a coliseum around the edges and tunnel if I heard correctly. 

Yeah nothing to get too concerned about! lol

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Gent, Plzen and Midgetland if we want to (hopefully) safely qualify for knockouts. 

Would have to avoid the likes of Napoli, Roma, Hoffenheim, PSV, Leverkusen, Besiktas, Wolfsburg, Villarreal, CSKA. Teams like those have some quality as well as Champions League or Europa League experience. 

Now that would be incredible, the beer there is lovely!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Europa League naysayers seem to completely miss the quality that you can face if the draw comes out right (or wrong, whatever). It's not the San Marino B squad on Thursday nights... we're talking top teams with good European pedigree.

We could quite easily end up with a group on par, if not harder than our UCL group was. The potential to test ourselves against some very good European teams. And then there's the small matter of winning a a trophy, securing a place and top seed spot in the Champions League 21/22 and getting to play in the Super Cup..

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Never been but have always wanted to, purely because i'm a pizza fanatic. Haven't they recently moved stadiums? They certainly did used to have a ground like you describe.

Well worth a visit when everything dies down. Extremely cheap flights and accommodation and generally a nice place. Capri is well worth visiting for the day too.

Not quite sure if they have changed stadium but having had a quick Google search, still looks like a great stadium to visit!

• Like 2

On 26/07/2020 at 18:20, Hinckleyfox said:

The absolute state of some of the comments on here. We’re in Europe for Christ sake, and some of you are MOANING??? Just as bad as the Man U fans thinking they’re entitled to champions league.

Its a rubbish way to finish a season, but get a grip of yourself lads, seriously. 

To be honest its worse than that......the comments of quite a few make it look like the site has been infiltrated by Arsenal fans. THAT is embarrassing. 

image.jpeg.9cae9d7d739e799cb0eec88b72bbc7cb.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Never been but have always wanted to, purely because i'm a pizza fanatic. Haven't they recently moved stadiums? They certainly did used to have a ground like you describe.

No new stadium. It’s an absolute tip. They tarted it up a bit last year as UEFA keep threatening to say it’s not safe. 

They have moats around the running track which create that impact

• Like 1

I really hope the club is being realistic about the state of our squad. All in for the League and Europa. Reserves for the FA cup and the League cup.

16 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Why would we want to avoid the top teams? **** being tactical about avoiding the best teams 

The big teams will come soon enough towards the end of the tournament. It would be nice to be able to rest key players in the early stages while still have some amazing away days (covid permitting) 

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I missed a trick there, but I’m really sorry to hear about that. 

Yeah, I was basically saying I'd like to draw Rangers as Glasgow is 45 minutes away as opposed to the 6 hours I have to travel for a home game. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No Ric. De Laurentis had been in dispute with the Mayor of Napoli about the standard of the ground as it is rented from the the local Council. He had threatened to move for ages due to this as the council were not prepared to back him with improvements. Only a political fool argues with Napoli and its fans and eventually a compromise was made and the ground has been *renovated*.  Fancy multi-coloured seats, a blue covering over the athletics track and the pigeon shit has been removed from the roofs so it's safer in there these days.

• Like 1