Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

So looking through Wiki it seems that the pots are organised from 1-4 based on the coefficient of the club. Apparently ours is 22.000, meaning last season we would have been pot three, but the season before we'd have been pot two, meaning we're going to straddle depending on the clubs who drop in.

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

AC Milan in the knockouts (when you may be able to go) would be top class.

Reduced capacity or behind closed doors softens the blow of missing out on the top 4 to be honest. Imagine if we had Bayern Munich away and couldn't go?

Our braindead fans singing 10 German bombers at Oktoberfest and making front page news.

The main reason why I don't want us to get a German team. Same with ever playing Bochum in a friendly too.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The main reason why I don't want us to get a German team. Same with ever playing Bochum in a friendly too.

Same here, at Sevilla away I can remember some twats thinking it was funny shouting stuff about Gibraltar all game. It's just embarrassing.

Wolves were in pot 3 last season and got Besiktas, Braga and Slovan Bratislava. I imagine we will get something of a similar level whether we are drawn in pot 2 or 3.

The hardest draw we could have got last season as a pot 3 club would probably have been Sporting Lisbon, PSV Eindhoven and LASK Linz (Group D), as a pot 2 club Porto, Feyenoord and Rangers (Group G), so you could say it doesn’t really make much difference which pot we are in.

I got a frantic message whilst I was in Madrid from a worried parent, who'd seen footage of Leicester fans in fights and swore she saw me involved. Funniest was that despite repeated reassurances that I was nothing to do with it and had had a great time, she wouldn't believe me. I got back and she showed me the footage - I was vaguely insulted when she showed me the person she had taken to be me!

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Worth bookmarking for the next few months:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GUXXlunQifru4XyTbNLLz2720MmtLmoyJTkW5T-Lx_o/htmlview

Projected pots, assuming league positions stay the same and that the team with highest coefficient wins each qualifying tie:

image.thumb.png.d6b3dd933c14102141baa2d08392b872.png

Hope I'm not being stupid, but why Arsenal? Is that if Chelsea win the FA Cup? 

• Like 1

Napoli would be unbelievable just so I can go the best pizza gaff in the whole world 3 times a day, every day that i'm there.

Also please can fans moaning about us being in the Europa League explain their aspirations for us? Are we to either finish top 4 each season or outside the top 7? Are places 5-7 and/or a cup win under no circumstances something we want to happen? Mind boggling some of you lot are. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Madrid was absolutely embarrassing for the same reason, not just for our fanbase but for our country generally.

it's mainly just that kind of football fan/lager lout Benidorm Brit rather than us all as a whole. 

I detest talking to "hooligans". They'll almost always pick something disgusting to mock the other side about at away games. Whether it be Hillsborough, Munich or whatever. I don't know who it comes across as witty or impressive to. To most of us it looks vile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

it's mainly just that kind of football fan/lager lout Benidorm Brit rather than us all as a whole. 

I detest talking to "hooligans". They'll almost always pick something disgusting to mock the other side about at away games. Whether it be Hillsborough, Munich or whatever. I don't know who it comes across as witty or impressive to. To most of us it looks vile. 

One can only shudder at what their socio/political outlooks probably are.

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Most of the Pot 1 teams look strong. Pot 2 much less so. Would fancy us to beat any of the teams in pot 2 assuming we field a reasonably strong line up. 

Not under Rodgers we wont.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Napoli would be unbelievable just so I can go the best pizza gaff in the whole world 3 times a day, every day that i'm there.

Also please can fans moaning about us being in the Europa League explain their aspirations for us? Are we to either finish top 4 each season or outside the top 7? Are places 5-7 and/or a cup win under no circumstances something we want to happen? Mind boggling some of you lot are. 

Having been to Naples two years ago, I can safely say that Pizza has not been experienced until it has been experienced there!

(Quite a nice place too if you don't read too much in to it being a Mafia hot spot and aren't too concerned about drive by moped shootings)

Napoli's football atmosphere also looks something else - Isn't their stadium build like a coliseum around the edges and tunnel if I heard correctly. 

Edited by adejo92

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Having been to Naples two years ago, I can safely say that Pizza has not been experienced until it has been experienced there!

(Quite a nice place too if you don't read too much in to it being a Mafia hot spot and aren't too concerned about drive by moped shootings)

Napoli's football atmosphere also looks something else - Isn't their stadium build like a coliseum around the edges and tunnel if I heard correctly. 

Never been but have always wanted to, purely because i'm a pizza fanatic. Haven't they recently moved stadiums? They certainly did used to have a ground like you describe.