Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

On 28/08/2020 at 09:00, irishfoxkev said:

Update on teams from Ireland progress.....Derry and Bohemians (a Dublin based team) both went out after extra time

Shamrock Rovers (Dublin based team) drew 2 2 with a team from Finland tonight and won penalty shoot out 12.  11 ..So they’re thru to 2nd qualifying round and will be joined by Dundalk who lost their Champions League qualifier

Are supporters allowed into games in Ireland? Be disappointed for Shamrock supporters to miss out on a one off home tie against AC Milan. Will be a massive game.

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Are supporters allowed into games in Ireland? Be disappointed for Shamrock supporters to miss out on a one off home tie against AC Milan. Will be a massive game.

Sadly no...will be behind closed doors....hard to see them progressing .

Dundalk though seem to have got a winnable tie in Andorra . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Sadly no...will be behind closed doors....hard to see them progressing .

Dundalk though seem to have got a winnable tie in Andorra . 

That’s a shame, would imagine that would have been a cracking night.

On 31/08/2020 at 13:50, Aus Fox said:

Was hoping Leicester got an Irish team so we might be able to travel. Shamrock Rovers got a lousy draw and Dundalk look to be in freefall. Not sure Linfield would be safe for us to travel at the best of times!!

There was a limit of 200 people or so until about 3 weeks ago but outbreaks in the middle of the country put a halt to that.

It's led to a massive increase in streaming services. The club season in the GAA over the weekends across the country is compelling viewing.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To take into Pot 2, we are currently equal 3rd in line. 

Within Second Qualifying Round, we need five of these to lose:-

Tottenham Hotspur

FC Basel

Wolfsburg

Copenhagen

APOEL Nicosia

BATE Borisov

Galatasaray

Malmo

Partizan Belgrade

I like our chances of finishing above a 'pot 2' team anyway.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To take into Pot 2, we are currently equal 3rd in line. 

Within Second Qualifying Round, we need five of these to lose:-

Tottenham Hotspur

FC Basel

Wolfsburg

Copenhagen

APOEL Nicosia

BATE Borisov

Galatasaray

Malmo

Partizan Belgrade

Istanbul and Belgrade would be great places to travel to. The games, with fans would probably be the scariest! Is Gala the one where they welcome away fans/teams to "Hell" or is that Fener?

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Istanbul and Belgrade would be great places to travel to. The games, with fans would probably be the scariest! Is Gala the one where they welcome away fans/teams to "Hell" or is that Fener?

Galatasaray

16 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Was hoping Leicester got an Irish team so we might be able to travel. Shamrock Rovers got a lousy draw and Dundalk look to be in freefall. Not sure Linfield would be safe for us to travel at the best of times!!

There was a limit of 200 people or so until about 3 weeks ago but outbreaks in the middle of the country put a halt to that.

It's led to a massive increase in streaming services. The club season in the GAA over the weekends across the country is compelling viewing.

A few seasons ago Celtic were due to visit Linfield for a champions league qualifier on the 11th or 12th of July. Imagine the carnage that would have caused lol

Needless to say they moved it to the 14th. 

• Haha 1

On 24/08/2020 at 22:41, Ian Nacho said:

I understand that but as a fan you dream of going to Barcelona not Bulgaria. 

I have never got that mentality I am sorry.  I support LCFC not Barcelona, plus I would rather watch us compete than be backs to wall in a 5-0 defeat, which away at Barca probably would be.  I loved our fixture's last time we were in the CL, but then I read the posts where people were disappointed we didnt draw a giant, I was scratching my head.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I have never got that mentality I am sorry.  I support LCFC not Barcelona, plus I would rather watch us compete than be backs to wall in a 5-0 defeat, which away at Barca probably would be.  I loved our fixture's last time we were in the CL, but then I read the posts where people were disappointed we didnt draw a giant, I was scratching my head.

Agreed in fact give me drinking Belgium beer in bruge all day and a brilliant atmosphere,  occasion and 3-0 win over getting ripped of in Las Ramblas sitting so high in the nou camp you get a nose bleed and being roundly beaten by Barcelona whose fans couldn't care less and probably won't even remember the game in a years time. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Belgrade really ??  Scariest ever experience I have ever had watching football Red Star V Leicester - UEFA Cup - in Vienna.  I recall the racism against our colored players was deplorable.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

There are a lot of combinations there that would see us struggling to get out of the groups.

That's why it's not the dog shit competition its often made out to be. It's got some good potential and we can and will be embarrassed if we don't get our act together. Looking forward to it, it's win win for me. We're crap and I'll revel in it, we're good and I'll be proud of the lads.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Belgrade really ??  Scariest ever experience I have ever had watching football Red Star V Leicester - UEFA Cup - in Vienna.  I recall the racism against our colored players was deplorable.

Weren't there flares thrown into the away end too? I was only 10 at the time but i do have memories if feeling very intimidated by the whole experience