Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Bore off with this Celtic/Rangers shite

I don't mean @Muzzy_Larsson, he's bound to stick up for his club but any discussion involving those two clubs descends into the most tired, circular crap debates you can read on the internet.

Well said. Plus you get into national hatred stuff, and it can only descend from there.

10 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Update on teams from Ireland progress.....Derry and Bohemians (a Dublin based team) both went out after extra time

Shamrock Rovers (Dublin based team) drew 2 2 with a team from Finland tonight and won penalty shoot out 12.  11 ..So they’re thru to 2nd qualifying round and will be joined by Dundalk who lost their Champions League qualifier

Do these teams still have a large hooligan following? Used to know a Bohemian lad and they were at it every few weeks with rival lads. I haven't heard from him in a while thinking about it, he's probably ended up inside.

12 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Update on teams from Ireland progress.....Derry and Bohemians (a Dublin based team) both went out after extra time

Shamrock Rovers (Dublin based team) drew 2 2 with a team from Finland tonight and won penalty shoot out 12.  11 ..So they’re thru to 2nd qualifying round and will be joined by Dundalk who lost their Champions League qualifier

In the North, Coleraine through, Glentoran knocked out by Motherwell.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Bore off with this Celtic/Rangers shite

I don't mean @Muzzy_Larsson, he's bound to stick up for his club but any discussion involving those two clubs descends into the most tired, circular crap debates you can read on the internet.

To be fair it was being discussed in a thread specifically about Celtic before it was merged

22 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Jeezo, I've never been to Belfast in the best of times is a completely different world to even Glasgow in the worst of times.

Been Glasgow 4 times now. Twice for football. I like it there.

However I went up for the Scotland 2 England 2 game. I seen no trouble or even heard of any trouble then we were in a boozer on George Square with perspect(correct word?) Windows all around us. Scots and English mixing very well then there was a orange brigade march. 

I've never seen the abuse or threats like it watching on. Women pushing pushchairs down the street giving cut throat signs and the odd punch thrown by blokes etc was a real eye opener. 

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Been Glasgow 4 times now. Twice for football. I like it there.

However I went up for the Scotland 2 England 2 game. I seen no trouble or even heard of any trouble then we were in a boozer on George Square with perspect(correct word?) Windows all around us. Scots and English mixing very well then there was a orange brigade march. 

I've never seen the abuse or threats like it watching on. Women pushing pushchairs down the street giving cut throat signs and the odd punch thrown by blokes etc was a real eye opener. 

Thankfully they are making it more difficult for these marches to take place in Glasgow at last and I don't mean just the orange ones I mean one's on both sides. These people on either side who want to march about some sectarian battle(s) that happened hundreds of years ago really need to evolve and be dragged into the 21st century.

16 hours ago, lnkstern said:

For absolutely no reason whatsoever, I have become a Lincoln Red Imps fan.

Also, is there a draw sometime in our future?

I am actually sorta looking forward to that new UEFA third tier league -- if it means group stages against teams from Gibraltar, Iceland, and the Faeroe Islands. Just for the novelty of the thing. Of course, I also think they need to bring back to the Cup Winner's Cup, but run it parallel to the other European tournaments -- creating the possibility of a "European Double"! (To paraphrase an old movie: "Fixture congestion? To G-D hell with your fixture congestion!" That's what squads are for.)

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Do these teams still have a large hooligan following? Used to know a Bohemian lad and they were at it every few weeks with rival lads. I haven't heard from him in a while thinking about it, he's probably ended up inside.

Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers would be the most volatile....north Dublin v South Dublin.....was worse 3/4 years ago and there were stories then that both had affiliations with firms from UK....Certainly some Cardiff fans and some English fans would come to Dublin to take part in the aggro  between these 2 but seems to have quitened down last year or so .

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Didn't Copenhagen make it to the quarters? Bit rough for them to have to enter through the qualifying rounds.

Denmark only get one team in 2nd qualifying round of each of the Champions League and Europa League, though it’s they can have a couple more have a good run like that they could chase down Turkey and Austria who get automatic group stage qualifiers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

Is it because of their cup run where they beat Burnley? 

Different Lincoln?

No real reason for supporting them -- though I do note the Red Imps beat Celtic under Brendan Rodgers (though it was Brendan's first match managing Celtic).

On 27/08/2020 at 22:40, lnkstern said:

For absolutely no reason whatsoever, I have become a Lincoln Red Imps fan.

Also, is there a draw sometime in our future?

I was in Flashscore when I noticed they were playing in a Europa League match and clicked into their previous matches. Saw they beat Boca with their blue and yellow badge and thought 'fvck they're better than I though, what a famous win'....until I realised there's team called Boca in Gibraltar :facepalm:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I was in Flashscore when I noticed they were playing in a Europa League match and clicked into their previous matches. Saw they beat Boca with their blue and yellow badge and thought 'fvck they're better than I though, what a famous win'....until I realised there's team called Boca in Gibraltar :facepalm:

Apparently Gibraltar is big enough to manage a senior football league of 12 teams :o

Edited by PhillippaT