Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

51 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I probably wouldn’t refer to them as a group of anything with regards to their race. 

A group of people would probably suffice.

Completely take your point but there might be occasions where you might need to  be more descriptive for example if the police are describing over the radio ' a white youth wearing a grey tracksuit and a blue baseball cap'  or describing a hair colour. Of course we are all the same but there are also subtle differences between us all that distinguish us.

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Completely take your point but there might be occasions where you might need to  be more descriptive for example if the police are describing over the radio ' a white youth wearing a grey tracksuit and a blue baseball cap'  or describing a hair colour. Of course we are all the same but there are also subtle differences between us all that distinguish us.

Yeah of course and if there’s no offence meant I’d guess many wouldn’t take much offence, but it’s just not worth it in most cases.

The police have codes for such characteristics, so they don’t have to describe a persons skin colour/race over the radio.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Pocs? as in pox. I'm pretty sure someone is going to take offence at that.

I was using the initals. "Pee-oh-sees."

You're not wrong, though. People get offended by absolutely everything these days. They love it. Can't get enough of it. It makes them feel empowered. They even get offended on other people's behalf. Often when the supposed victims couldn't care less.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OadbyBlue said:

People?

But if someone asks you to describe them via phone or whatever? Then what? A group of people is a bit vague. If they had brown hair, you would say people with brown hair. Description of someone by factual appearance, I cant really see the issue.

On 05/09/2020 at 16:04, Foxin_Mad said:

Out of interest what do you call a collective of non white people? Say maybe some black, some chinese, some Indian? 

Non-white people? Or just people? Coloured sounds like my kids been at the crayons again. I guess it covers martians too. I cba to look at why this became a question. So... when do we play in Europa? It seems like an age away.

On 05/09/2020 at 15:09, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah depending on who’s there, people of colour or BAME. I don’t think that situation has cropped up too much to be honest. 

I don’t make the rules, but if ethnic minorities are more comfortable with those labels, then I don’t see why we shouldn’t go along with it. 

Just a thought...When as a witness One is asked by the Police what did the assailant look like and who else did you see???..I

I have been in that situation...4 times,in 3 different countries...in areas where mixed Peoples in those areas were the norm...

On 04/09/2020 at 13:32, Vulpine Victor said:

This type of PC is stupid, as bad as Sainsbury calling an old lady a racist because she referred to one of their delivery men as “ a nice coloured gentleman”. I get rather sick of the continual change of what is and what isn’t acceptable. There was nothing disrespectful or demeaning in the phrases used. Can we get away with”Non Caucasian” or is that incorrect?

'Of colour' is fine.  'Coloured' is a racist term largely based on its usage in South Africa and the USA.   

On 04/09/2020 at 15:27, mozartfox said:

Whether or not the post was pathetic is a matter of opinion. Anybody who attended that game knows exactly what I meant. Mores to the point, I object very strongly of being accused in an obtuse and round-about way of being the same as the majority of the Red Star fans that night. That is totally unacceptable.  Lets move on now.

You used language in a racist way.  If it was unintentional because you didn't know, move on by not using the word 'coloured'.  It's ironic that you have been called out in a post objecting to racism!

1 hour ago, majaco said:

You used language in a racist way.  If it was unintentional because you didn't know, move on by not using the word 'coloured'.  It's ironic that you have been called out in a post objecting to racism!

Another pathetic post.  I have no intention in getting involved with this crap again.  Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, majaco said:

'Of colour' is fine.  'Coloured' is a racist term largely based on its usage in South Africa and the USA.   

As you are all much better informed than me perhaps you can confirm when the term “coloured” became racist? 1980? 1990? 2000? 2010?  or 2020?  Perhaps you should inform the NAACP, (National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People). You obviously label them as racists, which is quite interesting. In the interests of political correctness you should ask the group NWA to change their name and stop being racist too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Vulpine Victor said:

As you are all much better informed than me perhaps you can confirm when the term “coloured” became racist? 1980? 1990? 2000? 2010?  or 2020?  Perhaps you should inform the NAACP, (National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People). You obviously label them as racists, which is quite interesting. In the interests of political correctness you should ask the group NWA to change their name and stop being racist too.

i'm pink - isn't pink more of a colour than black ??

anyway, is it too much to hope that spurs get knocked out by the bulgars ????

15 minutes ago, Vulpine Victor said:

I don't get why they keep the name.  They state that reasons are historical.  When the organisation formed, the word 'coloured' was one of the more respectful terms used. 

Political correctness can be used in a derogatory way.  At its best, political correctness is about the promotion of equality.

The word 'coloured ' has been considered ill-advised in terms of equlity for at least three decades.

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

i'm pink - isn't pink more of a colour than black ??

anyway, is it too much to hope that spurs get knocked out by the bulgars ????

Vanilla is used as a racist term.  In my view, the word 'gammon' as it sometimes  used today,  is a racist term.

• Haha 1