Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Whether or not the post was pathetic is a matter of opinion. Anybody who attended that game knows exactly what I meant. Mores to the point, I object very strongly of being accused in an obtuse and round-about way of being the same as the majority of the Red Star fans that night. That is totally unacceptable.  Lets move on now.

Yeah of course.

It's obvious that you didn't have any malicious intent, but I don't know why people (not you particularly) fight against being called out for using outdated words.

22 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Wouldn't make sense red star fans being white being racist to our (at the time) majority white players for not being white. The idea of not mentioning race is stupid in this context.

Of course it makes sense, don't you think if someone mentioned racist behaviour we would assume it was against the black players?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoopid said:

I actually went to Barrow once (that was enough) when we played them in the FA Cup in 68 think it was. 

Their ground made Filbert St look like the Bernabau but it was rammed and raucous. Seem to remember John Sjoberg scoring in a 2-1 win. Next round was the famous Cup replay with Man City - Frank Large and all that. 

Chief memories are of an horrendous rail journey up there with some Leicester fans getting arrested for smashing up the carriage they were in. 

I believe they're known as the 'good old days.'

Remember it well it pissed it down all day and the roof of the terracing leaked as well, like you say the good old days.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Of course it makes sense, don't you think if someone mentioned racist behaviour we would assume it was against the black players?

No. At least not automatically and that still isn't a reason why it shouldn't be mentioned. This is just silly now. Choosing to be specific is hardly a crime and it made sense within the context. If there it is clearly not relevant to the discussion then I would be inclined to agree with you. As I explained he mentioned it to put a focus on the poor behavior of the opposition fans and their backwards mentality.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

It's not woke or pathetic to suggest that the word "coloured" is out of date. Come on.

Come on here to find some rather strange replies to what i said so its nice to see someone who isnt a dinosaur. 

I was merely pointing out using the term coloured is offensive and outdated. 

Wouldn't hurt for some people to do a bit of research and educate themselves a bit.

• Like 4

On 25/08/2020 at 10:25, bovril said:

I might get a bit of stick for this but I'm almost relieved we didn't qualify. It could have been embarrassing. 

...I would have hated getting a hammering!!!

But I would still rather be in the CL than not. It is a massive opportunity missed, it  may never come again, there is no way you should ever say no to something like this.

We need to take advantage of every opportunity that comes our way.

Edited by sacreblueits442

The bottom line is we didn`t make the Champions League this time around as expected but i am sure the club will do all they can to make sure we do it the next time whenever that may be,  such a shame given the position we was and every fan like me thought we were going to do it but it wasn`t to be.

Don`t worry, we are still in Europe and have a much better chance of winning the Europa !

Guest Markyblue
5 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Yeah, I grabbed a pair and brought them home with me!

image.png.c7760af6b00299097f683e7696bc51d6.png

Its actually a little known fact that the bee gees were red star fans.

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Out of interest what do you call a collective of non white people? Say maybe some black, some chinese, some Indian? 

Yeah depending on who’s there, people of colour or BAME. I don’t think that situation has cropped up too much to be honest. 

I don’t make the rules, but if ethnic minorities are more comfortable with those labels, then I don’t see why we shouldn’t go along with it. 

• Like 2