Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

David Brooks

Would not be surprised if we have offered 15 million.Bournemouth will want £35 million and we will meet somewhere in the middle with add ons depending on game time considering recent injury etc... OK maybe not that simple but nothing ventured etc..

14 hours ago, dannythefox said:

This was hours ago he posted that. Be be fair why would a player know there’s a bid going in for him unless he’s been tapped up which I doubt that because we’d only f##k that up 🤦🏼‍♂️

Sometimes clubs give permission for a player to talk to a club before the official bid has gone in as they are still haggling over the fee

I think he's a very decent player but he had two ankle operations last year and didn't play. Supposedly fit again but who knows, a bit like Armarty, how injury free will they both be? They want big money for him and he's not worth it until he's proven himself again. Either that or an understandably knock down price due to risk.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

whilst we can’t line up like this for a while, with Brooks in the side we could line up in a 4-1-4-1 like this which I quite like the look of! 

...............Evans Soyuncu 

Ricardo...............................Castagne

..........................Wilf

.............Tielemans...Maddison

Brookes....................................Barnes

..........................Vardy

and then Barnes gets torn a new one because "he's not a natural winger" "shouldn't be on the wing" "it's not his natural position" "shunt even be pleeing thare""it's only where the on-screen graphics op placed him" "am I still talking?" "yes" "STFU" "thanks" 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

Just someone I know at work that tends to get alot more right than he does wrong unfortunately. Claims to have his inside sources but will never reveal them.

Cheers

£15m isn't a lot though, wonder if that's indicative of the kind of low offers we're receiving for players we no longer want.

5 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

and then Barnes gets torn a new one because "he's not a natural winger" "shouldn't be on the wing" "it's not his natural position" "shunt even be pleeing thare""it's only where the on-screen graphics op placed him" "am I still talking?" "yes" "STFU" "thanks" 

Everything alright at home Danny?

Point on the doll to where the Leicester fans got to you....

In that formation I would see Brooks and Barnes as 'fwds cutting in', more than wingers as I'd envisage Ric and Tim to be getting forward and providing the width...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Nick said:

Everything alright at home Danny?

Point on the doll to where the Leicester fans got to you....

In that formation I would see Brooks and Barnes as 'fwds cutting in', more than wingers as I'd envisage Ric and Tim to be getting forward and providing the width...

lol all is well, thanks!

Yeah, I know, I think for the first time in my life, LCFC "fans" are winding me up more than the team and manager, ok, not the first time. 

I think your line up looks a treat, I'd be totally happy with that formation and system, even McNeil, if Brooks doesn't fancy it. 

Edited by Danny Clender
  • Like 1

On 09/09/2020 at 03:58, Edingleyfox said:

As a left footed right winger I can see him ticking a number of boxes.Would be amazed if he is not on the radar. He could fit really well and seems very highly rated

Totally agree with you. But just as an aside, it seems like every single potential transfer we read about right now - regardless of which club wants him - is 'highly rated'.  Then they get here and turn out to be Slimani, Diabate or Silva and then they're not so 'highly rated' anymore. :D

• Like 1

Brooks, the attacking midfielder, is another key target but a move is being held up by the Championship club's valuation.

At this stage Leicester would have to break their transfer record, which was smashed last season with the £32 million capture of Youri Tielemans, to sign Brooks, 23, with the price believed to be well over that amount.

John percy 

Just now, happy85 said:

Brooks, the attacking midfielder, is another key target but a move is being held up by the Championship club's valuation.

At this stage Leicester would have to break their transfer record, which was smashed last season with the £32 million capture of Youri Tielemans, to sign Brooks, 23, with the price believed to be well over that amount.

John percy 

Poor lad. No one will pay that for a now Championship player.

Just now, happy85 said:

John percy 

Thanks but no thanks then. Not paying £40m for a glass ankle.