Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

David Brooks

I would love Brooks here as we have a player who fits in perfectly in a 4-1-4-1 as a Perez alternative and can also play the Maddison role if need be. 

It's a good time to get these players who are quality at relegated clubs as the season is upon us, the transfer deadline is about three weeks away and if these players don't jump now they could be left in limbo. Anyone at a relegated club who is PL quality wants to jump regardless of who they are, just look at Jack Butland (who?) who was England's No1 GK before Pickford and got relegated with Stoke and is still there but largely forgotten.

• Like 3

Brooks is the technician type player that Rodgers loves, not an out and out winger but operates out wide but is free to roam in to the pockets of space. At the very least we need a player like him on the right. Can obviously play the 8 or 10 role too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They seem to be on the ball with some transfers around the place... 

I’m sure a while back the original owner of the page sold it (if I remember rightly) they were everton fans that used to be on the ball with pretty much everything that was happening with us... not so sure the new owner is as itk if at all

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’m sure a while back the original owner of the page sold it (if I remember rightly) they were everton fans that used to be on the ball with pretty much everything that was happening with us... not so sure the new owner is as itk if at all

Not sure about them selling the page but the original people are no longer on placements and that's where they had a lot of info from if my memory serves me correct they may still have contacts though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Weren’t Bournemouth interested in signing Demarai Gray at one point?

Can’t we offer him as a makeweight? 

Yeah but they signed Ibe for £15m instead. The time to get really worried is if we start scouting the Bournemouth recruitment department!

Very different sorts of players, but I think valid arguments can be made for either Brooks or McNeil if you're going to pursue a young PL wide player.  Brooks is more of a Lallana type than a true winger but technically very sound and has an obvious intellect for the game.  Frankly I'd be happy with either one at this point (though I'd rather have De Paul).

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Not sure about them selling the page but the original people are no longer on placements and that's where they had a lot of info from if my memory serves me correct they may still have contacts though.

One of them was a sports scientist/physio at Everton, hence the links there. 

Not sure who runs/owns the page now. Don't think it's the same person however they do seem to get a lot of Everton info right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I’m sure I remember them saying they were selling the page, its run totally different now to how they used to run it... it’s more like a an indikalia esq page now compared to just a normal dude who knew his stuff