Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

Had a peep at the Burnley forum, and they are all pretty much saying he is quality.

With Burnley's style, it's inevitable he'll get good reviews - a physical side which he and many others fit in perfectly for. A lot of set-piece work as well both defensively and attacking which they thrive off.

I think a back 3 of Soyuncu/Tarkowski/Evans would do well for us. And it gives us flexibility to play a CB pairing if needed.

Reckon £30m max would be a good deal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

With Burnley's style, it's inevitable he'll get good reviews - a physical side which he and many others fit in perfectly for. A lot of set-piece work as well both defensively and attacking which they thrive off.

I think a back 3 of Soyuncu/Tarkowski/Evans would do well for us. And it gives us flexibility to play a CB pairing if needed.

Reckon £30m max would be a good deal.

Reading between the lines they’re not happy with £30 million, as Brentford will get 25% of the fee,  they also are saying that Ake went for £41 million, and they think Tarks is better, 

One poster did say that Tarkowski has form for engineering a move away, interesting as Geoff has already indicated he’s up for move.

Edited by dayday
  • Like 1

Just now, dayday said:

Reading between the lines they’re not happy with £30 million, as Brentford will get 25% of the fee,  they also are saying that Ake went for £41 million, and they think Tarks is better, 

One poster did say that Tarkowski has form for engineering a move away, interesting as Geoff has already indicated he’s up for move.

There's only so long you'd want to stay in Burnley for in your life...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

Akes worse

Ake's got 2 feet and is a few years younger. Tarkowski is a different player and comes with the English tax but Ake is also homegrown so it doesn't really matter.

For our needs though I'd like to add experience, I think Evans is on the way out and judging by his antics towards the end of last season he'll never step up into a leadership role. So I'd be looking for a partner for Soyuncu right now, let Evans & Tarks stake a claim and hopefully the motivation of earning an England place here helps Tarkowski into the best mindset, at his age too it's very unlikely we'd sell him on and we'll have peak years of a quality player at this level. 

So get him in.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

am I the only person to read that he wants to play champions league ?  I thought we missed out on that .......

given Man U/Chelsea/Man City  need another CB, I guess he’s making a play for one  of  those .......

Chelsea have just signed 2, man city have just signed 1 (and another looks like it depends on garlic leaving) and man utd have 8 centre backs.....so I doubt it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Chelsea have just signed 2, man city have just signed 1 (and another looks like it depends on garlic leaving) and man utd have 8 centre backs.....so I doubt it.

Chelsea signed silva for a year and Sarr is loaned back to nice

they could do with a decent CB 

Man U only have one CB better than tarkowski 

Man City still need one 

as a pro he is cock sure of his quality and feels he could do a job at a CL club ......

I think our attraction is that we are the best of the rest currently interested (if we are) and could provide him with a route back to the England set up as our style matches England’s more than Burnley’s .....

Edited by st albans fox

13 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not keen on this at all. Whose place does he take? If he's a back up I suppose it's ok.

Yeah - let’s just carry on as per last season and get Bennett back for when we want to play  a three or Jonny/cags are injured/suspended 

Evans played through injuries last season .....it’s not fair to expect him to do the same again