Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Benkovic will be the ready back up. Can’t see him going this season, Morgan will probably be primarily a voice in the dressing room.

I’m hoping this is the situation, love Wes but can’t be relying on him no more. Fully on board with why he has extended deal aswell though

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

I’m hoping this is the situation, love Wes but can’t be relying on him no more. Fully on board with why he has extended deal aswell though

I think the fact we had to have Darnel Johnson on the bench for the last few games proves we can’t leave ourselves short again.

• Like 2

Hoping it happens. Can see Cags starting maybe 80% of our matches next season and Tarks & Evans 60% each (pretty sure that adds up right?!). Helps Tarks settle in, protects Cags from overplaying and helps nurse Jonny through the season. Plenty enough games ahead for everyone without necessarily moving to a back 3.

• Like 1

I wasn't keen on this last year when we were first linked but all this positivity, plus the fact that we're in a strong position due to EL (especially if he wants to get into the England setup) and Brendan is a reasonably well regarded manager, makes me hopefully. Good PL experience and obviously knows how to defend against top teams, plus he could offer that kind of middle transition player between Evans and Cags. 

It could mean our defensive options this year are much, much stronger than last year and we can legitimately do a back 3, especially if we're using JJ and Fuchs in it for some of the games that you are happy to just take a point. 

9 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

£30m is an absolute no-brainer.

I'm 100% behind our buy cheap, sell high model of bringing in young, promising talents. But for £30m we get this guy in right at the beginning of his peak years and we can get 5-6 seasons from him at his best.

He'll be good enough for us in the Premier League, Europa League, and Champions League should we be good enough to qualify.

Sometimes we have to buy for the present.

There's at least one CB position up for grabs at next year's Euros as well. Maguire's court case could be distracting for him this season, Gomez is excellent but capable of a howler or two, Keane isn't a certainty, and neither are Mings, Coady, or Dier for that matter. If he can do the business for us, he stands a good chance of breaking in to Southgate's squad properly.

I expect the england stuff is relevant .....exposure in european competition can only push his case ...

• Like 1