Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

Anything under £30m is reasonable for an experienced premier league centre back. He was known for his ability on the ball before his move there as well, so I don't think there are issues there. 

Him Evans and Soyuncu competing for the starting spots is decent competition.

£30 million is the perfect price for him, £40 million would be bad business, £50 million would be ridiculously stupid business.

As I’ve said about Tarkowski already, our fans seem to underrate him probably because he plays for Burnley.

He is a brilliant defender, Burnley fans love him and last season he was excellent.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

£30m a steal in this market, getting in Castagne and Tarkowski for the price of Chilwell would be superb business.

A starting four of Ricardo, Evans, Söyüncü, Castagne with Justin, Tarkowski, Morgan and Fuchs in reserve, Thomas and Benkovic away getting good loan experience. Superb set of options IMO.

Was with you until the Morgan & Fuchs bit!

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

When everyone's fit neither get into our strongest matchday squad. Both can do a job when called upon still, otherwise we wouldn't have given them another year each. Benkovic and Thomas seamlessly replace them the following summer if all's well.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Earle said:

The likelihood is though that someone like Fuchs wouldn't play. Justin, Ricardo and Castagne have all played large numbers of games at left back, so you can rotate them about as needed.

34 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Hoping hes not a replacement for an outgoing cags which might have been kept quiet ☹

Not a chance are we selling Cags. We are short of centre backs as it is so would make no sense signing one and selling one 

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

When everyone's fit neither get into our strongest matchday squad. Both can do a job when called upon still, otherwise we wouldn't have given them another year each. Benkovic and Thomas seamlessly replace them the following summer if all's well.

I agree FWIW, but can’t resist a cheap joke. I see Morgan starting EFL games, and away games in Europe, but otherwise rarely getting into the 18. Similar for Fuchs, but he’ll be on more match day squads, unless we sign a LB.

This is why we need an oven-ready CB, and why Tarks makes sense, especially at £20m less than we were quoted last year.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Agree but I doubt he’ll be coming as a backup

I think he starts in a back 4 but I’d imagine back 3 with wing backs is where we’re heading

Which, given how ordinary our wingers are, seems a sensible use of our current resources if we cannot land the wide players we want. 

• Like 1

Think Morgan and Fuchs input will mainly behind the scenes and during training knowing how we want to play. Preparation to get things ready for matchday is vital and supporting the younger players and helping them improve passing on your experience makes this pair vital squad members IMHO

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

I remember one of the R5 pundits on the Monday night club last closed season (one iof the proper print journos - Rory? -  not one of the ex player clowna) saying how keen he was to come to us so he can develop his reputation as a ball playin CB ....as without that string to his bow, his international chances are zilch.

58 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The other team is West Ham, I think that clears up who his preference would be. 

Might fancy the London life, but yeah I’d hope we are a bigger attraction than West Ham.