Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Didn't Ake go for over £40m?? I expect that Burnley being in a stronger position the Bournemouth will be looking for something similar. 

The chat was two days ago that they were still asking for 50m. He's only got 2 years on his contract though and I doubt he wants to sign a new one if there are other options available.

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I remember one of the R5 pundits on the Monday night club last closed season (one iof the proper print journos - Rory? -  not one of the ex player clowna) saying how keen he was to come to us so he can develop his reputation as a ball playin CB ....as without that string to his bow, his international chances are zilch.

Decent point there, Burnley aren't associated with passing football so many of their individually talented players aren't highlighted in many cases. Almost damaged by their own success to an extent 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Feels like the West Ham noise is enough for us to get our act together like when Southampton wanted Maddison and then we signed him 2 days later.

That was fantastic. Maddison went to Southampton to meet Hughes and look around the training ground, and he had already agreed to sign for us. Few days later sparky rang him and asked what he thought, Madders said he’d signed for us, and sparky just hung up on him haha! 

plus we like signing players with fat heads don’t we? Tarky has a right block! 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

That was fantastic. Maddison went to Southampton to meet Hughes and look around the training ground, and he had already agreed to sign for us. Few days later sparky rang him and asked what he thought, Madders said he’d signed for us, and sparky just hung up on him haha! 

plus we like signing players with fat heads don’t we? Tarky has a right block! 

Please tell me that's true lol

1 minute ago, vanity said:

Not if we want Prem proven. Wonder if he fancies a move.

I would have thought he would be pushing for a move now. He's not a young lad with time on his side, at his age he needs to be playing European football at an aspirational side if he wants any chance of breaking into the England set-up. I think this will happen.

Seems strange that West Ham bid 20+ and we are being priced at 30+. Is it normal for clubs(west ham) to throw out low ball offers considering all the communication between agents and clubs before anything on paper is shared(offer sheet)?

Still think the rest of our transfers will be done with a opportunity for other clubs to still do business. The end of the window will be for last minute loans.

Just now, Foxhateram said:

Not sure about that. There aren't many headers that Cags or Evans doesn't win. 

According to whoscored we lost more aerial draws than we won. But feel we needed more aerial strength, whilst we didn't have a huge hole, we need to improve. 

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

Seems strange that West Ham bid 20+ and we are being priced at 30+. Is it normal for clubs(west ham) to throw out low ball offers considering all the communication between agents and clubs before anything on paper is shared(offer sheet)?

Still think the rest of our transfers will be done with a opportunity for other clubs to still do business. The end of the window will be for last minute loans.

Or was that an agent releasing a ‘bid’ to force our hand and move more quickly?

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Could we offer Benkovic on loan as part of the deal if we are planning on loaning him out? Personally think we need a 5th cb around as I’ve mentioned previously

I think Benkovic will be the ready back up. Can’t see him going this season, Morgan will probably be primarily a voice in the dressing room.