Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I think our attraction is that we are the best of the rest currently interested (if we are) and could provide him with a route back to the England set up as our style matches England’s more than Burnley’s .....

That's the nub.   Southgate has made it clear that he won't pick Burnley players at any price (Tarkowski no, Taylor no not even when there are no other fit left backs, Pope reluctantly in the squad but doesn't play,  and McNeil not even in the under 21's.  Burnley players must believe that if they want England recognition,  they need to leave. 

You won't get him for £30m though.   Burnley aren't cash poor and are already at least one centre half light.   Maybe next year. 

2 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

That's the nub.   Southgate has made it clear that he won't pick Burnley players at any price (Tarkowski no, Taylor no not even when there are no other fit left backs, Pope reluctantly in the squad but doesn't play,  and McNeil not even in the under 21's.  Burnley players must believe that if they want England recognition,  they need to leave. 

You won't get him for £30m though.   Burnley aren't cash poor and are already at least one centre half light.   Maybe next year. 

Not according to my sources 

6 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Just said on talkshite that West ham have bid 27 million and Burnley have told them to double their offer.   If true, then this ain't happening, I can't see us going over 30 million for him, and nor should we in my opinion.

What they didn’t mention was that West Ham actually use dildos as trading currency. Dyche holding out for 54m of the things. £30m might be enough.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

McNeil is the really mind-boggling one. I'd understand not feeling comfortable with defenders from Dyche's system, and Pope can't pass like Southgate wants him to, but McNeil is a fantastic attacker and almost as good as Saka.

There's also what the player wants to pull for and where he sees himself.

West Ham putting a bid in - told to jog on because the player isn't interested. 

City putting a bid in - player hands in a transfer request because we offer excellent training facilities, have made England internationals in the last few years and can guarantee European games (something Burnley couldn't). I wouldn't be too surprised if there's some movement with us. At his age, we'd be an ideal step up and a great option for a contract during his peak years. 

For what he is, I wouldn't be too offended if we went to about £35 million (of which a portion is add ons) - which isn't a bad rate for an English player with 2 caps and 4 seasons in a team that's about mid table. 

• Like 3

Even if we had to meet them half way at £40-45m I'd tell them to bollocks. He's approaching 28 and I badly want to tuck Burnley up on a deal, not the other way round. 

He seems like he wants out though and not sure Burnley have ever been in this position before? Michael Keane they sold very quickly but seemed happy to do so.

I would give Benko/Knight and DJ a go rather than spunk money on him.  Had we done the same last year and had never given Cags the chance, how bad would that have been?  Move on and buy a quality winger/young back up striker (who BR can develop).

Couple this with binning off some of the expensive dead-wood and then once every one is back and fit, we are good to go.  Move on - not worth it.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Sounds open to a move

If he came here he'd get in the England squad, no doubt about it.

Dyche was right the other day - both Tarkowski and McNeil (the latter for the under21s) - should have been selected.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Sounds like Burnley are quite rightly holding out for as much money as possible. Every club does the same. 

I think 35-40m is what they realistically want. It is whether anyone dares pay that. 

A side like Burnley (not disrespect intended) I would imagine will need to raise funds with the current financial impact Covid has had on PL sides.

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If he came here he'd get in the England squad, no doubt about it.

Dyche was right the other day - both Tarkowski and McNeil (the latter for the under21s) - should have been selected.

Did you see the starting line up the other night for the U21's? lol People who should be in that team aren't getting in until Boothroyd.... dies?

nb: I know they won 6-0 but it was only Kosovo

• Haha 1