Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It looks like Pep has amazingly gone and over-thought his tactics AGAIN

Man City were toothless tonight

So strange why they'd play no defensive midfielder. They were more leaky then a sieve first half. 

A proper CF occupies at least one defender for the whole game, these false 9's, wingers or play-makers or 10's buzzing about all over the place reminds me of Perez (yes it was his fault again), just not offering a goal threat or occupying anyone just floating around looking flashy but not achieving any end product. 

What a team to support tonight, all the money in the world and they hand in a team sheet with no DM and no CF, worlds gone mad. Never again, at least this sky blue hair dye isn't permanent...oh hang on...s**t !

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As much as he’s disrespected us since he left, I did say I expected Chilwell to go on to become a top class left back

This is why players leave Leicester I’m afraid. Chilwell and Kante now both Champions League winners. Both were exceptional tonight

Nice one Col apart from the fact that chilwell is doggo but had a good game tonight 

I'm pleased for both of them.

Whatever you think of chilly, that boy grew up a fox and a year after leaving is a cl champion, having just kept our former player of the year in his pocket. 

Oh, and Kante was everywhere. I enjoyed that, and although I'd have preferred Man City won, I'm proud of the part our club has played in that game.

• Like 1

I’ve not read a single post tonight. But I hope Ben is getting some credit. I’ve slagged him off the most in my friend groups but he was immense tonight. 

Also, no reason whatsoever James shouldn’t be in the England squad. Just take all four and class Walker and James as centre backs. He was incredible tonight. 

Really enjoyed the game though, for a 1-0 it was really entertaining 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I am sure some probably think 'well that's justice' but that foul on KDB was an absolute disgrace.

Yeah Rudiger needs looking at closer i'm all for physicality but he takes it way to far imo and that won't be the last time he injures someone he's really good at making it look natural while meaning to take his man out but it's getting obvious now.

• Like 2

Chelsea were Good tonight...Kante & Chilwell deserves their win..They had a top quarter final & semi-final

They stayed compact, scored a Good goal....

Man.City have a Great coach, but he again out-thought the situation....

Good job hes not the manager with Foxestalk behind him...:giggle:

He misused his squad/players tonight...Mahrez working more in the middle..?

Though Chelsea were well disciplined at the back....

Ref, was excellent...and most of Chelsea players Falling over ,were fouls

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Which Chelsea player did that weird cart-wheely thing on the ground after a challenge? If a 4 year old did that you'd tell them to stop being silly ffs.

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Jorginho was a disgrace. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Nice one Col apart from the fact that chilwell is doggo but had a good game tonight 

Of course he’s doggo Una

Hes just won the Champions League, runner up in the FA cup and is England’s first choice left back 

You don’t half talk some rot. I’m sure it’s on purpose 

As soon as the teams were announced my mate lumped some money on Chelsea. Playing both Mahrez and Sterling at the outset was a recipe for disaster. Neither can really defend, don’t get involved enough and may as well have not turned up. Chelsea much too smart and physical, deserved their win, although agree with earlier posters the bodycheck on De Bruyne was an absolute disgrace. 

The bottom line is that Pep blew it. 

• Like 1