Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

2 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Thought both their fullbacks and Kante were absolutely excellent, Mount seems like a good bloke too. All three English Chelsea players should be starting at the Euros I think 

That's why Chelsea thrive in a back 3/5 and we struggle. They stiffle the life out of opposition and when in possession they move the ball so quickly.

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Of course he’s doggo Una

Hes just won the Champions League, runner up in the FA cup and is England’s first choice left back 

You don’t half talk some rot. I’m sure it’s on purpose 

Shaw should start ahead of him for England. 

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Tbf to Chilwell he has been very good for the most part for Chelsea this season. Either he's improved no end since leaving us, or he just couldn't be arsed during the latter part of his time at Leicester. Hope it's the former.

You know, there's a third possibility...

• Like 1

Kante is the GOAT in his position. I love Wilf but all those saying he’s better than the wee man are just plain wrong. When Kante is on form and in his proper position he’s a phenomenon. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Chelsea didnt win it, Man City lost it

No they didn't. Chelsea were better than them during the game. Werner should have had two before Man City had a decent chance.

39 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If we had never signed Mahrez and Kante would they be playing in that final yesterday, I doubt it.

Unbelievable to think Kante has won it all (Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League, Europa League, World Cup) and we signed him when he was 24/25 (I think) when he'd won basically nothing.

What a rise that is. Probably not spoken about enough.

He was class last night and in the semi's. Still the best in his position in the division.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
34 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Chelsea effectively play with a back 7 but luckily for them their front 3 is good enough to attack on their own. For all the shit Werner deservedly gets for his finishing Chelsea can't play this way without making his runs, nearest thing to Vardy in terms of movement there is. 

Only really works if they go ahead  though. Struggle to score goals and that's the only thing they need to be real title challengers next year. 

I was reading something after the game which summed up what’s so impressive about them - it’s not that they don’t concede goals, they don’t concede chances.

He came across very poorly after the FA Cup Final but I did have a bit of sympathy for Tuchel. He was right to say that we created absolutely nothing in that game. We won the game because of a once-in-a-generation wonder goal and save. As far as he was concerned their tactics worked perfectly as you can’t legislate for that. But that’s the beauty of football...

Chilly managed to get v tight to mahrez 

he never had that confidence and aggression when playing for us 

helped that pep tried to overload the opposite side of the pitch whereas chilly generally found hImself overloaded when with us 

Man City really didn’t turn up, peps tactics didn’t work again in a crucial game (no cdm?) , and KDB being off his game showed how they often rely on him to create.  Tuchel condensed the pitch very well and relied on chilwell and James’ pace to provide the cover against the areas Man City had their quickest players. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

No they didn't. Chelsea were better than them during the game. Werner should have had two before Man City had a decent chance.

I meant from the senseless set up from Pep, bit of a self destruction job.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bovril said:

Kante is unreal. Couldn't give a shit about Chilwell, just pleased that N'Golo has a Champions League to go alongside the World Cup, two Premier Leagues, the Europa League and the FA Cup. What a guy. 

Same for me, he plays at a level that deserves top honours. Very dignified in everything he does, too.

The plucky underdogs narrative around Chelsea was rather nauseating, though. £250 million spent last summer- they should also expect to be in these games as well.

• Like 1

I thought Chelsea played very similarly to Leicester do when we have to play defensively. Defend hard and counter fast. When Man City have an off day it’s a style that hurts them. 
Man City are artisans but they’re a bit soft when they’re not dominating and things don’t go their way. That said there’s a good article in The Guardian about Guardiola’s decision not to play a defensive midfielder. They called the decision ‘all sauce and no pasta’. Great metaphor.